GDT: Boo the Roos

Bills By 40

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a lot tougher than I thought it would be but a win is a win. We did not make the spread. I like to see TJ playing, his energy is infectious  and the team plays better, I think, when TJ is in. A win is a win, now for Duquesne, which (however bad they have been in the past) has traditionally manged to play well against SLU.

Just now, SLU_Nick said:

That grossness set the game back 50 years.  Forcing a half court game against us isn’t a bad strategy.  Duquesne shouldn’t do that 

The worst part about this stink we're in, Duquense is the first conf team we play.  I hate them after last year. 

14 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

A no show by gibby again.  Perk still looks a little off.  Bell has to be injured or something.  Those are my negatives

I've been thinking Bell is injured also. He played 2 minutes against somebody and never seen again. He would surely have gotten into several games by now.

5 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Ford needs to focus on gettin Jimerson Back. Thatch is a great defender, but his offense doesn’t provide the upside to equally replace GJ. I just hope Ford isn’t retrenching into a defense or bust mindset.

HOT TAKE: GJ and Fred thatch are even at this point in time.  Not even talking about just Jimmersons 3 points, he was also responsible for KC's first 4 out of 6 points. while fred missed his 5 shots, he out rebounded GJ by 5 and added an assist to his defense. 

10 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Ford needs to focus on gettin Jimerson Back. Thatch is a great defender, but his offense doesn’t provide the upside to equally replace GJ. I just hope Ford isn’t retrenching into a defense or bust mindset.

Agreed.  Can’t just let him stand in the corner every offense set

10 minutes ago, wgstl said:

HOT TAKE: GJ and Fred thatch are even at this point in time.  Not even talking about just Jimmersons 3 points, he was also responsible for KC's first 4 out of 6 points. while fred missed his 5 shots, he out rebounded GJ by 5 and added an assist to his defense. 

Fred played 5 more minutes. In 5 minutes GJ can hang 15 points. Fred has not shown that ability yet.

6 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Fred played 5 more minutes. In 5 minutes GJ can hang 15 points. Fred has not shown that ability yet.

Both have 11 points in the last 2, Fred has a ton more boards and better defense. 

46 minutes ago, wgstl said:

HOT TAKE: Jacobs brings more to the table right now that both of them.  He's a nice balance of offense and defense instead of having to choose D with Thatch or O with Jimerson.

9 hours ago, abas115 said:

How badly are we gonna stomp this team tonight? Word on the street is that the only thing worse than their 3pt defense is their free throw shooting. 

JP and GJ are gonna burn the place down fighting to make up Sunday's slack, Goodwin is a lock for a double-double, Collins will have 12+ assists, and I expect Hargrove to have a break-out game similar to Maryville last year with the added minutes he's getting tonight.  

Vegas has the team total at 78 so that over will hit with 10 minutes left in the game. 

After tonight Goodwin will pass Jim Irving for 17th in all time scoring and only need another 200-some odd points to crack the top 10, like he already has in steals rebounds and assists. 

Nice going on this one