Pistol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

New offer, SLU's second of the 2024 class and Puryear's first - he just made it his pinned tweet.

Chance Puryear - SF, 6-6, 185 - Dallas, TX (Carter) - AAU: Southern Assault (Adidas 3SSB) - Twitter: @chance_puryear
Offers: Saint Louis.

Interest: Marquette, Texas A&M, SMU, American, North Dakota, Texas-Rio Grande Valley, Prairie View A&M.

Latest News: Puryear received an offer from SLU. (5/11/22)

Scouting Report: Puryear is a talented, versatile wing forward who does a bit of everything. He guards multiple positions with good size for his age, able to block shots and move laterally. He finishes strong - he tries to dunk everything he can - and can stretch defenses with his shooting. He's a tough rebounder and scores on a lot of second chances. He's active but plays with a controlled, poised demeanor.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

New offer, SLU's second of the 2024 class and Puryear's first - he just made it his pinned tweet.

Chance Puryear - SF, 6-6, 185 - Dallas, TX (Carter) - AAU: Southern Assault (Adidas 3SSB) - Twitter: @chance_puryear
Offers: Saint Louis.

Interest: Marquette, Texas A&M, SMU, American, North Dakota, Texas-Rio Grande Valley, Prairie View A&M.

Latest News: Puryear received an offer from SLU. (5/11/22)

Scouting Report: Puryear is a talented, versatile wing forward who does a bit of everything. He guards multiple positions with good size for his age, able to block shots and move laterally. He finishes strong - he tries to dunk everything he can - and can stretch defenses with his shooting. He's a tough rebounder and scores on a lot of second chances. He's active but plays with a controlled, poised demeanor.

-from this seems like would be a good get

-do the services still rank recruits and if so, what sort of rank is Chance?

15 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-from this seems like would be a good get

-do the services still rank recruits and if so, what sort of rank is Chance?

Yes, there are still recruiting rankings. He's unranked at this point, although full 2024 lists have not been released/updated by all services.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Yes, there are still recruiting rankings. He's unranked at this point, although full 2024 lists have not been released/updated by all services.

I've given up on the national recruiting services in the age of covid.  Most of the big states have their own recruiting service so those rankings are more reliable. 

Puryear is ranked 15 in the state of Texas according to the leading Texas recruiting service.  Based on rankings in prior years, that translates to a top 150 player.

https://texasbasketballreview.com/list/class-of-2024/

Pistol likes this

58 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I've given up on the national recruiting services in the age of covid.  Most of the big states have their own recruiting service so those rankings are more reliable. 

Puryear is ranked 15 in the state of Texas according to the leading Texas recruiting service.  Based on rankings in prior years, that translates to a top 150 player.

https://texasbasketballreview.com/list/class-of-2024/

Wow, I butchered this one.  Puryear is ranked 52 on this list, which would be about a top 400 player.  That's in the ballpark of Kramer and Thames.

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Wow, I butchered this one.  Puryear is ranked 52 on this list, which would be about a top 400 player.  That's in the ballpark of Kramer and Thames.

-thanks to both

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but when I clicked on the list it has him as #4

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

I think their ranker is broken.  It's giving a new ranking with each page load.  Looks like I picked the wrong week to give props to their page.

If you sort by "Level" on the page, I think you can get a rough approximation of where he would rank (maybe?)

There are 2 guys at level 1+ which is considered "high major" per the note at the top, 13 more guys in the at level 1 which is "mid major", and 6 guys who are at level 1+/1.  That's 21 guys who are at a level above Puryear's 1/1-.  Then are 6 other guys at the 1/1- level along with Puryear.

TL/DR: I think Puryear is correctly somewhere in the 22 to 28 range.  Not sure where that would put him overall maybe 200-250?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bills By 40 said:

Bol to the Purple Aces, confirmed. 

I'd honestly rather Bol end up at Evansville than a Power 5 + 1 school.

Wilson was on staff for some awful SLU teams during the Crews years and his connection to them kind of taints him in my head.  However, based on social media he seems like a really great person who has done a lot for the St. Louis community during his time here working for the YMCA, etc.  Kind of a bummer for St. Louis that he'll be moving to Evansville.  Wilson's work in the community might be the only positive impact that came from Jim Crews time at SLU.

1 hour ago, Bills By 40 said:

Bol to the Purple Aces, confirmed. 

Wilson getting back into college coaching makes Wilson now a hotter commodity as an assistant coach after next season.  

@HoosierPal where do you think Bol ends up playing high school ball next season? Does he end up at Bosse, North, Central, Reitz or Mater Dei?  Do they live across the river and end up at Henderson?

I'm more curious about what this does for Bol right now than for college.

Will he still go to CBC if his guardian is over 2 hours away in Evansville? He's had prep schools trying to get at him ever since he showed up. Are those now in play?

He already moved from BBE to MOKAN - will he stay with them the rest of the EYBL season?

It's possible that his STL ties could evaporate pretty quickly.

5 hours ago, brianstl said:

@HoosierPal where do you think Bol ends up playing high school ball next season? Does he end up at Bosse, North, Central, Reitz or Mater Dei?  Do they live across the river and end up at Henderson?

I have no idea.  All I can relay is that Central, Reitz, Harrison and North are all in Class 4A, the largest class in Indy.  They likely would play tougher schedules. 

The top location in Indy for HS (prep) players is of course La Lumieie, but that is up near LaPorte.