• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Duke seems like a great spot for Bill Self, and the timing couldn't be better.

Self is dirty. He's not going to Duke. I know many on here disagree but I'm not sure he lasts at Kansas. 

25 minutes ago, willie said:

Self is dirty. He's not going to Duke. I know many on here disagree but I'm not sure he lasts at Kansas. 

-is Duke clean?

-I would enjoy Duke, UNC, KU, UK, IU all coming down in stature and remain down, probably some others I could add to that list (like the rest of the B10)

5 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-is Duke clean?

-I would enjoy Duke, UNC, KU, UK, IU all coming down in stature and remain down, probably some others I could add to that list (like the rest of the B10)

Probably not but they haven't been caught. 

42 minutes ago, willie said:

dont disagree with you but K is dirty as well.  his alliances with the carolina big businesses giving unqualified and undeserved jobs to parents of players is well known.   and how many times did we hear pretty q snyder say in his mi$$ouri days when he would get caught with his hand in the rulebook "at duke we did it all the time".  

following K wont be a welcome job and is a loser in all likelihood for anyone.    i sure wouldnt jump at it if i was an established coach.    i am betting an assistant will get it.   i wouldnt doubt if any established coaches they would have considered has already been contacted and asked about possible interest and duke has been turned down

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Duke seems like a great spot for Bill Self, and the timing couldn't be better.

14 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

following K wont be a welcome job and is a loser in all likelihood for anyone.    i sure wouldnt jump at it if i was an established coach.    i am betting an assistant will get it.   i wouldnt doubt if any established coaches they would have considered has already been contacted and asked about possible interest and duke has been turned down

Jon Scheyer was named the coach-in-waiting, and will become head coach upon K's retirement. @billiken_royis likely right, as it was reported Duke already explored external candidates, but landed on Scheyer.

38 minutes ago, willie said:

Probably not but they haven't been caught. 

This is the NCAA we're talking about here.  Selective enforcement has long been the order of the day.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/6/10/21286608/zion-williamson-duke-blue-devils-news-college-basketball-coach-k-business

Before attending Duke, Zion and his family lived in a rental property in South Carolina, valued at roughly $153,000, renting for about $895 per month. While attending Duke, Zion and his family lived in a property valued at roughly $950,000 and rent was $4,995.00 per month.

Ford also points to three luxury vehicles owned by Zion’s step-father and mother as means to justify discovery to “determine if these vehicles would have impacted his eligibility to be/remain a student-athlete.”

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

This is the NCAA we're talking about here.  Selective enforcement has long been the order of the day.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/6/10/21286608/zion-williamson-duke-blue-devils-news-college-basketball-coach-k-business

Before attending Duke, Zion and his family lived in a rental property in South Carolina, valued at roughly $153,000, renting for about $895 per month. While attending Duke, Zion and his family lived in a property valued at roughly $950,000 and rent was $4,995.00 per month.

Ford also points to three luxury vehicles owned by Zion’s step-father and mother as means to justify discovery to “determine if these vehicles would have impacted his eligibility to be/remain a student-athlete.”

No argument from me. 

16 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I almost came out of my shoes reading this. Almost.

1 hour ago, thatskablamo said:

I almost came out of my shoes reading this. Almost.

No wonder coach K is retiring the walls are closing in on him with this type of behavior.

I believe in sportsmanship and pride in yourself of accomplishing things by not cheating.

I know it’s about money for these types of coaches.

All of us could make more money if we did not care what we did to make it.  Coach K is in this group.

what particularly irks me about K is the fact back in the 80's he was perceived to be such a coach of high integrity.  wouldnt hang banners till every player had a degree, always recruiting with integrity, etc.   now you read stories about cars, houses, crazy jobs for parents, etc.   he is no better than any of the scums that have been blackballed by the ncaa but somehow the likes of him, roy williams, bill self always seem to escape everything.  

10 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

what particularly irks me about K is the fact back in the 80's he was perceived to be such a coach of high integrity.  wouldnt hang banners till every player had a degree, always recruiting with integrity, etc.   now you read stories about cars, houses, crazy jobs for parents, etc.   he is no better than any of the scums that have been blackballed by the ncaa but somehow the likes of him, roy williams, bill self always seem to escape everything.  

He got tired of finishing second.

12 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

That was a different Elton Brand of basketball, Roy.