GDT: GW

SLU_Nick

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, per ESPN's play-by-play, we made ONE jumper the ENTIRE second half.  That was by Weaver.  We made four threes ALL in the first half.  After establishing my 'coaching genius' in first half, Goodwin took nary a jumper in the second.  Embrace the horror.

I am going to guess that the senior (Potter) took the freshman (Collins) to the woodshed and back but he wasn't the only one.  Weaver and Jacobs got blown by as well.  Thank goodness Maceo Jack didn't show up.

Spoiler alert:  we are about to see arguably the best backcourt in the A10 in Gilyard and Francis. Gilyard is 5'9" and Francis is 6'.  Gilyard averages 14.5 with 5.7 apg.  Francis averages 17.9 and 2.4 apg.  Gilyard averages 3.3 spg and Francis adds another 2.4.  Gilyard shoots 41.3 from three, Francis 37.8 AND Nick Sherrod shoots 41.8% from three.  Hopefully French realizes that Golden is not a rim protector.  As a tteam, they shoot 80% from the line and Wojcik, their one sub from the bench, makes threes at a 42.9% rate.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

8 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Any win is a good one. I’d guess we are 7-8 point underdogs at Richmond. 

The oddsmakers will say 4-5 but 7-8 is what it should be.

5 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Spoiler alert:  we are about to see arguably the best backcourt in the A10 in Gilyard and Francis. Gilyard is 5'9" and Francis is 6'.  Gilyard averages 14.5 with 5.7 apg.  Francis averages 17.9 and 2.4 apg.  Gilyard averages 3.3 spg and Francis adds another 2.4.  Gilyard shoots 41.3 from three, Francis 37.8 AND Nick Sherrod shoots 41.8% from three.  Hopefully French realizes that Golden is not a rim protector.  As a tteam, they shoot 80% from the line and Wojcik, their one sub from the bench, makes threes at a 42.9% rate.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Not much chance, I fear. At this point, just hoping to scratch out 10 conference wins.

Tough shooting game for Has.  He should have easily had 20 points tonight but missed a bunch of bunnies.  Hopefully he's taking lessons from Goodwin and takes his time against inferior teams.  The only player stopping Has tonight was Has.  The game never should have been close enough for MBMs to ***** about in the second half.

I wanna know which ref had money on GW vs the spread.    The calls on us and non calls on them in the last 10 minutes especially were a joke.

and for goodness sake, despite his limitations, WE NEED MORE BELL.

Also, Yuri needs to shoot more. Guy averaged a lot of points in HS.  Get his confidence up.   Happy with the win, but very concerned about Richmond as well.

6 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

I wanna know which ref had money on GW vs the spread.    The calls on us and non calls on them in the last 10 minutes especially were a joke.

and for goodness sake, despite his limitations, WE NEED MORE BELL.

Also, Yuri needs to shoot more. Guy averaged a lot of points in HS.  Get his confidence up.   Happy with the win, but very concerned about Richmond as well.

coach ford said the same, more Bell. he takes the double away from french and had french made the layup jimmy  would have had 2 very nice assists.

BIG BILL FAN likes this

39 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

. Glad he recognized it as I mentioned to fans near me his rotations made no sense the whole game and they were gassed for the last 8 minutes. My main criticism is he gets lost in his emotions...gets a quick trigger with some and leaves others out there who clearly need a rest. Some of this is on the bench coaches too for not pointing it out. 

45 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

If we want an at large we probably have to win 2 of the next 3

I think you have to win 2 of these 4 minimum: @Richmond, Dayton, @Dayton, VCU

Plus redemption vs Duq at home.

That’s if you’re looking at who we beat... we still have to at least show up in the conference tournament. 22 wins with a quick conference tourney exit and we got no chance even if we hit the above goal. 23-24 Total wins without winning the conference and maybe we get in if all the above plays out.

The A10 is better than last year. But I don’t see tons of bids given. 3, 4 tops. Might depend on where Dayton lands. But last year the A10 had 2 teams represented in the field......

Honestly I’m in a bad place since losing Jimmerson. I felt like with him we had all the boxes checked (minus FTs). It made me think we could swing games from multiple angles and make us more of a real team. Good ball handlers, good big men, Perkins/Jacobs have their threats, Goodwin an all around player who can get to the rim and a deep ball from Jimmy to round it out. Play hard defense and put the right guys in for the foul shots late in games and we could compete.

Now i feel like we are deflated. I feel like we are gonna to have to scrap to win. Guys are going to be tired. This game really sucked to watch even though we won. Maybe we pull off some big wins and look like we can win with a plan, and I’ll buck up. Otherwise this year I don’t see tournament. If we do, I’ll be pleasantly shocked to get out of round 1. Don’t hate! I love this team and we have some great athletes. Just going to be tough.

4 minutes ago, bgtholt88 said:

I think you have to win 2 of these 4 minimum: @Richmond, Dayton, @Dayton, VCU

Plus redemption vs Duq at home.

That’s if you’re looking at who we beat... we still have to at least show up in the conference tournament. 22 wins with a quick conference tourney exit and we got no chance even if we hit the above goal. 23-24 Total wins without winning the conference and maybe we get in if all the above plays out.

The A10 is better than last year. But I don’t see tons of bids given. 3, 4 tops. Might depend on where Dayton lands. But last year the A10 had 2 teams represented in the field......

Honestly I’m in a bad place since losing Jimmerson. I felt like with him we had all the boxes checked (minus FTs). It made me think we could swing games from multiple angles and make us more of a real team. Good ball handlers, good big men, Perkins/Jacobs have their threats, Goodwin an all around player who can get to the rim and a deep ball from Jimmy to round it out. Play hard defense and put the right guys in for the foul shots late in games and we could compete.

Now i feel like we are deflated. I feel like we are gonna to have to scrap to win. Guys are going to be tired. This game really sucked to watch even though we won. Maybe we pull off some big wins and look like we can win with a plan, and I’ll buck up. Otherwise this year I don’t see tournament. If we do, I’ll be pleasantly shocked to get out of round 1. Don’t hate! I love this team and we have some great athletes. Just going to be tough.

Last two paragraphs sound eerily similar to last year. Here's to hoping for the same, if not even better, results!