GDT: Tame the Tigers

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not often critical of Travis, but tonight he was not good. At halftime he should have been stressing kickouts. But he hardly played Jimerson. The 1-3-1 was a total failure tonight. Go to man to man. The last guy we thought was going to kill us, McLemore, killed us. I won't get into the FT thing. Face it we suck at FTs. Not Travis's fault. We just plain suck. 353 in the nation is proof enough. 

What we needed tonight was more of getting Jimerson, Jacobs, and Perkins open for 3s. No screens, no kick outs. Yeah, they were physical but that's our game. We let a big W slip thru our fingers tonight. 

All that said, we are headed in the right direction, and will do well in conference play. 

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I'm not often critical of Travis, but tonight he was not good. At halftime he should have been stressing kickouts. But he hardly played Jimerson. The 1-3-1 was a total failure tonight. Go to man to man. The last guy we thought was going to kill us, McLemore, killed us. I won't get into the FT thing. Face it we suck at FTs. Not Travis's fault. We just plain suck. 353 in the nation is proof enough. 

What we needed tonight was more of getting Jimerson, Jacobs, and Perkins open for 3s. No screens, no kick outs. Yeah, they were physical but that's our game. We let a big W slip thru our fingers tonight. 

All that said, we are headed in the right direction, and will do well in conference play. 

Jimerson really was -17 in the plus minus. It was not a good match up for him. They set plenty of picks for him. Auburn played him tough. I do agree the 1-3-1 has not been good this year 

Littlebill likes this

35 minutes ago, slusam said:

Jimerson really was -17 in the plus minus. It was not a good match up for him. They set plenty of picks for him. Auburn played him tough. I do agree the 1-3-1 has not been good this year 

Shooting lost the game not coach ford. our stat line was good except for three's and ft's. if we hit our averages on both bills win. defense , rebounds and to's were good enough.

almaman and BIG BILL FAN like this

3 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

It’s not rhetoric. The pressure allowed them a lot of open shots. Jimerson and Perkins should have seen more time. 

And the same pressure and mix of D's held a team averaging 85 points to 66 points. How the hell are we going to complain about defense when we just held the 10th highest scoring team in the country to 66 points. 19 points below their average. We hit f/t's and open 3's at our season average and we beat the #12 team in the country in basically a home game for them

3star_recruit and dennis_w like this

8 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Apparently Erwin didn't get the message regarding the poor performance by Ford tonight. Who's responsible for informing him? Can we get someone to volunteer to let Erwin know when TF has done a poor job. Obviously, he can't figure it out on his own. 

40 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Apparently Erwin didn't get the message regarding the poor performance by Ford tonight. Who's responsible for informing him? Can we get someone to volunteer to let Erwin know when TF has done a poor job. Obviously, he can't figure it out on his own. 

Listen, if you think taking Goodwin out at the 6 minute mark (after he single-handedly got us back in the game) and having him sit at the scorer’s table when auburn took the lead from 3 to 12 was not an egregiously terrible choice then I don’t know what to tell you. 

Of course the team is well coached.  That’s not the argument.

Losing your fastball Skip.  

7 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Listen, if you think taking Goodwin out at the 6 minute mark (after he single-handedly got us back in the game) and having him sit at the scorer’s table when auburn takes the lead from 3 to 12 was not an egregiously terrible choice then I don’t know what to tell you. 

And setting French out for the last 3:53 in a tight game?  Was he hurt?  Still sick?  Confusing from the sideline.

Bell had his game of the year, but still, I would think French should have been in.  We may hear more later from Stu or Carter.  I certainly hope French is okay.

8 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Listen, if you think taking Goodwin out at the 6 minute mark (after he single-handedly got us back in the game) and having him sit at the scorer’s table when auburn took the lead from 3 to 12 was not an egregiously terrible choice then I don’t know what to tell you. 

I hear what you're saying but Goodwin played 37 min. Even God rested.

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

And the same pressure and mix of D's held a team averaging 85 points to 66 points. How the hell are we going to complain about defense when we just held the 10th highest scoring team in the country to 66 points. 19 points below their average. We hit f/t's and open 3's at our season average and we beat the #12 team in the country in basically a home game for them

Because our M2M and zone were plenty effective. We gave up more open looks when we pressured. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

And setting French out for the last 3:53 in a tight game?  Was he hurt?  Still sick?  Confusing from the sideline.

Bell had his game of the year, but still, I would think French should have been in.

Bell was doing a better job of defending the 5 in this particular game,  Perkins was in a nice rhythm offensively, Goodwin was in warrior mode, Yuri was racing the ball up the court to get us into offense and Coach was rotating in guards looking for someone who could hit a jumper. Who do you sit?

41 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Nope. getting old but the fastball must still have some heat as you've swung and missed today

5 hours ago, David King said:

Auburn>Seaton Hall. The Bills are improving 

No,  I was at both games and Seton Hall is better than Auburn. Auburn is bigger and more athletic but Seton Hall has better, more skilled basketball players. 

That being said this was a much tougher game atmosphere than SH, on the road with a  jacked up crowd that was 90% Auburn fans, it had the feel of a postseason game. Some guys handled the intensity and physicality better than others.