Nicholson was a top-25 2023 player coming into HS and had an up-and-down freshman season at Hazelwood Central. Freshman season on varsity, that is - just had sky-high expectations for such a touted freshman. If he's going to be producing more than Nesbitt already at STLCA, look out. I didn't realize he could shoot like that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Nicholson was a top-25 2023 player coming into HS and had an up-and-down freshman season at Hazelwood Central. Freshman season on varsity, that is - just had sky-high expectations for such a touted freshman. If he's going to be producing more than Nesbitt already at STLCA, look out. I didn't realize he could shoot like that.

There was a lot of talent wasted on Hazelwood Central last year.  If it happens again, then I suspect it's a coaching issue.  Using a kid with Harden-like skills as a spot up jump shooter was a head scratcher to me.

22 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

There was a lot of talent wasted on Hazelwood Central last year.  If it happens again, then I suspect it's a coaching issue.  Using a kid with Harden-like skills as a spot up jump shooter was a head scratcher to me.

Yeah..there were a few unhappy players on that team last year 

22 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Waste of talent has been the track record for Central for 30 years.

On 11/15/2020 at 6:12 PM, bauman said:

I'd call it B S, not big time.  No way Nesbitt is a 1st rd NBA draft chioce.  I'd like to be in the room when the Draft is completed and Nesbitt walks into Penny's office.  Maybe even earlier than that when he doesn't even start at Pennyville next year.

Memphis has two likely going in the first round this year. I think that’s what they’re referring to. 

19 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

Memphis has two likely going in the first round this year. I think that’s what they’re referring to. 

Actually it's this year's draft:  James Wiseman will go top 5 and Precious Achiuwa is expected to go by the end of the 1st round.  And Moussa Cisse, the 5 star center who came in this year, is expected to be a one-and-done as well.

Unfortunately, Shaka Smart at Texas has already proven the effectiveness of this model.  Recruit one-and-doners and point to that as evidence to four-star players that you "get guys to the league."  Winning games is secondary.

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Actually it's this year's draft:  James Wiseman will go top 5 and Precious Achiuwa is expected to go by the end of the 1st round.  And Moussa Cisse, the 5 star center who came in this year, is expected to be a one-and-done as well.

Unfortunately, Shaka Smart at Texas has already proven the effectiveness of this model.  Recruit one-and-doners and point to that as evidence to four-star players that you "get guys to the league."  Winning games is secondary.

That’s what I was referring to