Ingvi on live

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ingvi and the Icelanders on the short end to Ukraine, 94-72.  Ingvi with 15 on 5 of 20 shooting, 4 of 13 from the arc. 

Next up is Greece in the 13-16 classification bracket.   Sweden and Romania face off in the other 13-16 game.  Winners go for 13-14 place and losers go for 15-16 place.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Greece downs Iceland 104-86.  Ingvi with 16, 0 - 5 from the arc.  Last chance for an Iceland victory tomorrow against Romania in the 15-16 game.

4 of 18 from 3 pt land in his last two games.  Not the savior we were all looking for to spread the floor.

almaman likes this

Not so fast bauman ....... he was never THEE savior, he just has to be a viable option, make a few a game, be a small part on a bigger team.  If he was the man on the Icelandic team,  he was likely the marked man.  Him, plus Isabel, plus Wiley, plus Jacobs, plus possibly Welmer is four more options than we had last year.   The threat and illusion of multiple options will make defenses be more cautious, play closer.  Then watch Santos, French, Foreman and Gordon go to work.

Rather than close the book here on a negative, I think the overall is positive.  

9 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Not so fast bauman ....... he was never THEE savior, he just has to be a viable option, make a few a game, be a small part on a bigger team.  If he was the man on the Icelandic team,  he was likely the marked man.  Him, plus Isabel, plus Wiley, plus Jacobs, plus possibly Welmer is four more options than we had last year.   The threat and illusion of multiple options will make defenses be more cautious, play closer.  Then watch Santos, French, Foreman and Gordon go to work.

Rather than close the book here on a negative, I think the overall is positive.  

Well, a net of two more options than last year, as Roby and Johnson are subtractions.

Also, let's not rule out Thatch as a three-point threat.

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Recall Travis worked with Bess, Goodwin, and French on the 3 ball this summer. I don't expect French to be a threat but am anxious to see if the work helped Bess and Goodwin at all. 

By watching it appeared Goodwin and Bess have good form they just didn't make outside shots at a % we'd like to see.   Some of that might have been fatigue as both always played most of the game.   And maybe there just needs to be a slight adjustment made which a good shooter like Ford was as a player, might be able to teach.  I truly will be surprised if Goodwin and Bess shooting percentages dont get better.

As to our bigs shooting 3's, I hope not.   Why take our advantage, their size and strength away from the lane?  Let the guards play outside and let our bigs own the lane.   

bauman likes this

48 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

By watching it appeared Goodwin and Bess have good form they just didn't make outside shots at a % we'd like to see.   Some of that might have been fatigue as both always played most of the game.   And maybe there just needs to be a slight adjustment made which a good shooter like Ford was as a player, might be able to teach.  I truly will be surprised if Goodwin and Bess shooting percentages dont get better.

As to our bigs shooting 3's, I hope not.   Why take our advantage, their size and strength away from the lane?  Let the guards play outside and let our bigs own the lane.   

Agree.

If I remember correctly didn't Goodwin start out 0 for 17 or something like that? 

That is a tough hole to crawl out of.

Without the terrible start I think he would have had a respectable %.

If he can just improve a little we should be in great shape. 

3 hours ago, bauman said:

4 of 18 from 3 pt land in his last two games.  Not the savior we were all looking for to spread the floor.

I don't think it makes sense to deduce he isn't a good outside shooter from one tourney playing against older players on what appears to be the worst team in the tourney

50 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I don't think it makes sense to deduce he isn't a good outside shooter from one tourney playing against older players on what appears to be the worst team in the tourney

I don't think bauman is saying Gudmundsson isn't a good outside shooter as much as he's saying he's probably not immediately a Lisch/Cobbin/Highmark type of shooter, who can come in as a freshman and shoot teams out of a zone defense.

30 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I don’t know why this kid was hyped up so much on this board. Would be a great backup junior year if he can improve during our practices 

Just stop.  

First, nobody has acted like this kid is a future All-American.  Second, the kid has no supporting cast and is going up against the best players in Europe while shooting from the international 3 point line.  Third, the person who has hyped him up the most is Ford.

8 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

You have to be purposely trying to be the most annoying poster at this point.

This young poster never thinks about what he wrote when he presses the submit reply button.  He has no impulse control on his thoughts and he posts it.  Half his posts are annoying but he is a super fan of the Billikens.

I never thought the Icelander was the three point savior for the upcoming season because he is a freshman.

Many posters have pointed out not to put so much pressure on the freshman, let them learn.

With the addition of Wiley and Isabell I am looking for these two seniors to help shoot over the zone.

JGood with S2 in his rear view mirror will improve with his outside shot.

Bess will not be forced to shoot the 3 as much and will take 3’s when the open shot is there.

Welmer if healthy provides another outside shot.

Finally maybe Jacobs and Thatch can come in and drain a few.

If our team can improve from 300 to 175 or better from the 3, be a top team in rebounding and hit free throws we are dancing.  Our strength is the front court we need to be an average 3 point shooting team to be successful.

Iceland napped the 15th place trophy with a 103-84 beat down of Romania today.  Ingvi scored 5, 1 of 1 from the arc.

I don't understand why this board hasn't been hyping Ingvi more than it has.  I'm seeing Ingivi as a One and Done.  What do you think TGloryTDays?  My guess is the Lakers will want him to play with LeBron.

21 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Iceland napped the 15th place trophy with a 103-84 beat down of Romania today.  Ingvi scored 5, 1 of 1 from the arc.

I don't understand why this board hasn't been hyping Ingvi more than it has.  I'm seeing Ingivi as a One and Done.  What do you think TGloryTDays?  My guess is the Lakers will want him to play with LeBron.

You forgot to use the blue ink.