2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

University of Hawaii the best in that state again? CBS needs to stop showing its bias

Same with Maine, and they've never even made the Tournament. Disgusting.

7 hours ago, wgstl said:

LOVE

I'm liking all the non-traditional powers in certain states: TCU over the big state schools, Georgia State, Illinois State, UC (over OSU), Northeastern - even Nebraska over Creighton is unusual.

Hawaii, Maine, Wyoming, Vermont, and Minnesota are the states with only one D-I basketball team. Maine is the only state to have never sent a team to the NCAA Tournament, as its one program has never made it.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

They're the only D1 school in the entire state, Pistol. Hey, they got that hockey thing going for 'em.  

Again, my deepest apologies for not using a blue font.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Wondering how Illinois State is there and not Loyola 

Just now, Littlebill said:

I think Carbondale will even be better than ISU This year

Here's their (pretty thin) justification:

Last year Illinois fans got into a tizzy when I picked Illinois State to be better than the Illini. Guess what: It's going to be the case again. The Redbirds, in fact, are expecting to be better than Loyola-Chicago, too. They're picked as such here at CBS Sports. Dan Muller hopes to break through to the Big Dance after coming close multiple times in recent years.

I also tend to think both Loyola and SIUC will be better than ISU. SIUC, by the way, is a huge trap game for us. Road game, senior-laden team.

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The people who make these kind of decisions have never had the pain of actually having to see Malik play for your team of the season.  

Wasn’t he suspended or kicked off the team?

if not I’m sure he will be eventually.

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

means absolutely nothing, but I love seeing our name so im sharing.  Has SLU as a 10 seed playing #7 Clemson.  Also worth noting Katz only has three A10 teams, two make the field and St Joes has a play-in

After we beat Clemson, we get a shot at Tennessee... I like our chances.