2018-19 season

7 hours ago, slu72 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we lost to Maryland in the 1st round of the '94 NCAA. That would have been Clagget and Highmark's team. For the year Hughes played we beat UMass in Rd 1 and then got creamed by UK in the Rd 2.

That was a crappy day. We drove out to  to Wichita, and the arena was in the middle of nowhere. I think it was the first game of the day and Joe Smith whooped our collective arses(at least that's the way I remember it, for some reason that name still sticks in my craw). Then we hopped on the bus and drove back.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, hoppybeer said:

That was a crappy day. We drove out to  to Wichita, and the arena was in the middle of nowhere. I think it was the first game of the day and Joe Smith whooped our collective arses(at least that's the way I remember it, for some reason that name still sticks in my craw). Then we hopped on the bus and drove back.

-was that the arena that smelled like a livestock show was happening?

On 10/27/2018 at 5:30 AM, gobillsgo said:

You are just not even close on this buddy. 

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/college/evansville/2018/10/30/evansville-likely-postponed-dru-smiths-debut-missouri-basketball/1814750002/

read the article. I’m right. The teams have a large say in whether the player gets to play immediately or not. Mizzou agreed to let Blake Harris play immediately. Illinois agreed to let Mark Smith play immediately. Evansville is not agreeing to let Dru sanity play immediately 

Glorydays2013 and SLU_Lax like this

4 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Bracketilogy preview of what’s to come, sounds accurate:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2018/10/30/preseason-bracketology-9-12-seeds-2/

It would be a sad situation for the top team in the A-10 to be a 12-seed as the automatic qualifier (I presume) — seeded lower than the First Four at-larges.  I'm gonna say I don't think that will be the case.

41 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/college/evansville/2018/10/30/evansville-likely-postponed-dru-smiths-debut-missouri-basketball/1814750002/

read the article. I’m right. The teams have a large say in whether the player gets to play immediately or not. Mizzou agreed to let Blake Harris play immediately. Illinois agreed to let Mark Smith play immediately. Evansville is not agreeing to let Dru sanity play immediately 

I wonder if Evansville believes that Poacher Martin swooped in before the new coach could be named and be given a chance to try to get the kid to stay.  At some point if Poacher keeps this stuff up he will be turned on by other coaches who will get tired of the BS.

16 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

It would be a sad situation for the top team in the A-10 to be a 12-seed as the automatic qualifier (I presume) — seeded lower than the First Four at-larges.  I'm gonna say I don't think that will be the case.

I agree with this probably not being the case but I would rather be a 12 seed then have to play in an 11 seed play in game

I feel a lot better about our season already. I know Jacobs and Hankton don’t figure to play a big role, but you never know what can happen and I’d rather have them as 10 and 11 than Raboin and Courtney, no offense to those guys. 

I probably missed it, but did we ever get an update on DW after the Quincy game?

32 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Welmer is not going to play in any meaningful way this year, you fantasizing ignoramus. 

Thanks pops. Fantasizing ignoramus step up for  me most days. Bit harsh in this context it seems. I have never held any illusions or want for Welmer to play throughout his career. Rooting for him the whole time as we all seem to do and was surmising we were right back to where we were pre most recent set of bad news about 3 players on the roster. Nothing more than that.