2018-19 season

31 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I feel a lot better about our season already. I know Jacobs and Hankton don’t figure to play a big role, but you never know what can happen and I’d rather have them as 10 and 11 than Raboin and Courtney, no offense to those guys. 

I probably missed it, but did we ever get an update on DW after the Quincy game?

gobillsgo likes this

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/14/2018 at 8:22 PM, moytoy12 said:

No, Thor will be a relative non factor this 

Looking forward to seeing Jacobs play now that he has cleared.  The backcourt looks a bit crowded but since Jacobs can play at the point expect him to get some minutes.  But the potential is there, as they say, "freak athlete".

8 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

We have more talent for injury time and foul time than we have ever had.

KC would be a great Sophomore and getting time this year will be needed

Fingers crossed we have a great showcase Thursday for the 4* forward coming in. Not having Santos helps a lot

This is just completely false

your second sentence doesn’t make sense.

2 hours ago, almaman said:

Guess last week was a market correction. So we are where we were after Santos left except kind of more doubtful on Welmer?

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Welmer is not going to play in any meaningful way this year, you fantasizing ignoramus. 

Damn doc, you've sure been cranky lately. Stethoscope on too tight?

almaman likes this

1 hour ago, almaman said:

Thanks pops. Fantasizing ignoramus step up for  me most days. Bit harsh in this context it seems. I have never held any illusions or want for Welmer to play throughout his career. Rooting for him the whole time as we all seem to do and was surmising we were right back to where we were pre most recent set of bad news about 3 players on the roster. Nothing more than that.

I agree I hope some how some way Elliot can play I want that for the kid and the team as you said nothing more than that.

This is one of two posts today that does not make any sense I do not get the name calling.

On 10/27/2018 at 5:45 PM, Old guy said:

I just read his first post and put him on ignore. 

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

Welmer is not going to play in any meaningful way this year, you fantasizing ignoramus. 

Really getting lazy with the act, OG... gotta tighten that up before the season starts 

8 hours ago, Old guy said:

Yes it is old guys are cranky.

It started some time ago coming from Box and Almaman.

For what it is worth Old Guy, you are a smart and knowledgeable poster on this site and I do enjoy your analysis on things your posts are unique at times that I like reading.

What I have learned posting on this site for awhile is to take a step back on some of my posts and ask myself is it really worth arguing and receiving bad posts, trolls on a site where we have the love of the Billikens and the excitement of this season in common.

When I take my step back is when I read my post again and I end up not making the post because of the type of reactions I will get and it is not worth the trouble, enjoying everything Billikens with other Billiken fans and some levity is what I want from this site.

Our season is here now November is one day away and if we stay healthy and whole as the team is today then we will win the A10 and A10 tournament and get a decent seed for the big dance, enjoy everyone see you at the games.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

For what it is worth Old Guy, you are a smart and knowledgeable poster on this site and I do enjoy your analysis on things your posts are unique at times that I like reading.

What I have learned posting on this site for awhile is to take a step back on some of my posts and ask myself is it really worth arguing and receiving bad posts, trolls on a site where we have the love of the Billikens and the excitement of this season in common.

When I take my step back is when I read my post again and I end up not making the post because of the type of reactions I will get and it is not worth the trouble, enjoying everything Billikens with other Billiken fans and some levity is what I want from this site.

Our season is here now November is one day away and if we stay healthy and whole as the team is today then we will win the A10 and A10 tournament and get a decent seed for the big dance, enjoy everyone see you at the games.

Good points.  The problem, though, is that what tickles one person ticks off another, and vice versa.

3 hours ago, CBFan said:

Old guy, or the persona known as such, is way too narcissistic to be able to keep his opinion to himself. 

Reminds me of my college roommate who would rage-tweet political tweets non-stop despite the fact that literally not a soul cared about his opinion. 

rgbilliken and HenryB like this

10 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

doesn't mean they dont have the talent to compete. Gordon, Thatch, Thor and Jacobs can compete. Just wait

I dont want to have to rely on freshman without even seeing them play.

Will they be good? most likely.   

HoosierPal likes this

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Just read his posts. The style changes constantly. Sometimes he’s aloof aging man and the next he’s Cliff Claven. 

Yeah, I used to find him somewhat amusing, but he does break character too often now.