Grad Transfer & JUCO Tracker

ACE

30 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Bobby, I wish the very best to Reynolds and I am very glad he flourished at Pacific. I hope he does well in Oklahoma.

Reynolds was a great kid, a decent hoopster and most of us wish him well. I find it sad that some posters hope he fails at OU.  I wish he had stayed at SLU for four years.   

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Bobby, I wish the very best to Reynolds and I am very glad he flourished at Pacific. I hope he does well in Oklahoma.

Absolutely... the what-could-have-beens over the last few years, though... it is frustrating. I think he will be a great addition on and off the court. Good leadership. 

On 4/6/2018 at 3:09 PM, billiken_roy said:

actually tford, i believe more times than not, a grad transfer is more likely to be anthony than the robertson kid at mi$$ouri.   as 05 said, typically a team is looking for a good teamate, good practice player and someone to give minutes in a secondary substitution role.   disrupting a building roster with good younger players on the way sometimes would do more harm that good.

as willie said earlier, if we find an upgraded hines that would be idea considering the makeup of this roster for the next year.   btw willie i am saying that post was the post of the day so far.   i'm out of reactions, so you have to settle for that.   

What's the early outlook for $LU next year Roy? 

When he single handedly won that game his freshman season in OOC JC should of made him the man from there on out instead of round robbinning the whole friggin' 13 man roster through most of the season. Hard to pick the dumbest thing he did as the reigning COTY but not having a set starting lineup is my  pick. I think players would rather have a set lineup even if they're not in it rather than constant shuffling. Whoever would be riding the pines behind Miles could then strive to be better than him. I bet they were all as befuddled as we were with the mayhem. If he had stayed and S2 hadn't happened I don't think he'd play more than at least 2 of the booted, Hines would be come great friends with the Greek and Roby would of played less.

majerus mojo likes this

6-6 SG Xavian Stapleton from Mississippi State is a grad transfer who has hit the market. Good size at 6-6. Averaged about 20 mpg, 6.6 ppg, and shot 33% from 3. Good free throw shooter. He scored in double figures in each of their three NIT victories, but laid a goose egg in their loss.

Really hope we get a commitment from Coleman.

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

6-6 SG Xavian Stapleton from Mississippi State is a grad transfer who has hit the market. Good size at 6-6. Averaged about 20 mpg, 6.6 ppg, and shot 33% from 3. Good free throw shooter. He scored in double figures in each of their three NIT victories, but laid a goose egg in their loss.

Really hope we get a commitment from Coleman.

Kind of weird how silent it’s been. I’ve seen a lot of recruiting news for a lot of other schools, but SLU is pretty silent right now. 

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Refresh my memory ---- did Miles even stick around to talk to Ford or did he bolt before things were settled as Yarbrough did?

Good question - I think he announced pretty quickly after Crews was fired.  I went to the press conference for Ford's introduction and Miles was there but so where most of the players even some of the ones who graduated.  He sat off to the side in the stands but the players who were staying were sitting on the floor up front.

16 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Reynolds was a great kid, a decent hoopster and most of us wish him well. I find it sad that some posters hope he fails at OU.  I wish he had stayed at SLU for four years.   

It's possible to 1) want him to succeed and 2) be shocked that he's now playing in the Big 12 despite never really appearing to be a Big 12-caliber player.  I don't think anyone here is actively rooting for him or any of the transfers not named Brett Jolly to fail.

Edit: I don't want Jolly to fail either.  That was too harsh on my part.

brianstl and Littlebill like this

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:37 PM, Bobby Metzinger said:

Oklahoma basketball could be the most inconsistently baffling program in the country given the talent they somehow redirect from neighboring Kansas. Granted they got to a Final Four with Buddy, but went 11-20 the next year and then were probably the most Head-scratching “why?” of the field of this year’s tournament. Good luck, Miles. 

As many on here know until I got to Stl OU was my team so I still follow them. However, last year I couldn't even watch them play. Trey Young just pissed me off. I've never seen a player so disinterested in playing defense and a coach who seemed to be ok with it. He played like a 5th grader poking at the ball as his player drove by hoping for a steal but far more often missing and then just turning and watching his player. 

Here's a 'way to early' prediction of OU basketball and the predictions are not good for them. Near the bottom of the pack of the B12. Real need for good guards. Miles may get some decent PT out of default. 

10. Oklahoma Sooners 18-14 (8-10)

Trae Young didn’t win the Wooden Award, but there’s no doubt he was the Most Valuable Player of the college basketball season. He pretty much carried Oklahoma the first half of the season, and when he struggled the team lost.

With him gone, along with Jordan Shepard and Cameron McGusty transferring out, the Sooners badly need good guard play. They also need help everywhere else, as the team looked like the 11 win squad from the previous season. Hard to see this team finishing anywhere but the last couple of spots in the standings.

I like Coleman. He does indeed bring both point guard abilities and shooting to the table. 11th-highest assist rate in the nation last season. He's also a good FT shooter, something we need. Small but explosive. Was a top-100 recruit out of HS. Hard worker and good student.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

I like Coleman. He does indeed bring both point guard abilities and shooting to the table. 11th-highest assist rate in the nation last season. He's also a good FT shooter, something we need. Small but explosive. Was a top-100 recruit out of HS. Hard worker and good student.

I think he would really help.  I just get worried that people think he will put up numbers close to his Samford numbers and view him as something of a failure if he doesn't.  I would expect his scoring, shooting percentage and assist rate all to drop.  His numbers will be better than at Bama because it easier to thrive as a short guard in the A10 than in the SEC.

I think there is definitely more upside to Coleman than there is to Austin.  That said, I would take Austin.

Pistol likes this

27 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think he would really help.  I just get worried that people think he will put up numbers close to his Samford numbers and view him as something of a failure if he doesn't.  I would expect his scoring, shooting percentage and assist rate all to drop.  His numbers will be better than at Bama because it easier to thrive as a short guard in the A10 than in the SEC.

I think there is definitely more upside to Coleman than there is to Austin.  That said, I would take Austin.

Agree with all of this.

31 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I agree. Samford last year would have been the worst team in the A10, falling a few spots behind Fordham. 

2 hours ago, Box and Won said:

It's possible to 1) want him to succeed and 2) be shocked that he's now playing in the Big 12 despite never really appearing to be a Big 12-caliber player.  I don't think anyone here is actively rooting for him or any of the transfers not named Brett Jolly to fail.

Edit: I don't want Jolly to fail either.  That was too harsh on my part.

agree with box.   the crewsplatt players were just terrible.   reynolds getting a one year play at OU likely means OU has a high school player that is only a junior picked out for that spot on the roster and meanwhile lets put a practice player there to keep the spot filled.   reynolds was terrible.  if he averages more than 10 minutes a game at ou i will be shocked.  roby was the best of the bunch (thus he scored 1000 points because someone had to score).   the rest were backup role players at best on mediocre teams.  thus we werent even that during the crewsplatt teams.

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

agree with box.   the crewsplatt players were just terrible.   reynolds getting a one year play at OU likely means OU has a high school player that is only a junior picked out for that spot on the roster and meanwhile lets put a practice player there to keep the spot filled.   reynolds was terrible.  if he averages more than 10 minutes a game at ou i will be shocked.  roby was the best of the bunch (thus he scored 1000 points because someone had to score).   the rest were backup role players at best on mediocre teams.  thus we werent even that during the crewsplatt teams.

Yarborough was the best of the bunch by a wide margin.  

2010andBeyond likes this

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I don't think anybody has said they expect him to put up the numbers that he did at Samford. I would expect something between Bama and Samford. When he next suits up, he'll be three years older than when he last played at Bama. I would expect a more efficient player than he was back then. The assist and free throw shooting alone make him a great addition and even if his 3-point percentage dropped, he would still figure to be the second best threat on our roster. Agree that he would be better than Austin. No doubt. He'd be a great fit and I would expect him to start. Unfortunately this Texas visit might throw a wrench into things. Disappointing.

47 minutes ago, slu72 fan said:

How about Roby? Malik has nice talent, but did he get as much out of it as Roby has?

He just averaged 17, 7, and 5 for ISU and was named first team all conference in a somewhat comparable league, so yes, he actually got more out of it than Roby.

I appreciate what Roby did, but I'm not sure he's even all that much better than Reynolds who played similar minutes as Roby in his sophomore season, but actually had slightly better numbers. He then scored 13 ppg for a bad Pepperdine team in his junior season, which was slightly better than Roby's junior season for a bad SLU team.