Jump to content

Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)


DoctorB
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, dlarry said:

It was obviously a joke. I don't actually hope he gets hit by a bus that's on fire and caring raw sewage. I figured it was so over the top that people would understand. 

My bad.

I wouldn't mind if he got a wicked case of herpes though.

BUSS no. Tesla maybe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, dlarry said:

It was obviously a joke. I don't actually hope he gets hit by a bus that's on fire and caring raw sewage. I figured it was so over the top that people would understand. 

My bad.

I wouldn't mind if he got a wicked case of herpes though.

Your okay I got it and laughed your a good poster and quality did not get it.  I blame the weather.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CBFan said:

Your okay I got it and laughed your a good poster and quality did not get it.  I blame the weather.

I'm glad you "got it."  I knew he was joking, too, but that doesn't mean every joke avoids stooping to a low tone.  That's what I was saying.  And I didn't imply that he's not a good poster.  I just took exception with the tenor of his joke.

Also, I said last two sentences.  I see no evidence that the sentence before his obvious (but low-class, in my opinion) joke was also a joke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I'm glad you "got it."  I knew he was joking, too, but that doesn't mean every joke avoids stooping to a low tone.  That's what I was saying.  And I didn't imply that he's not a good poster.  I just took exception with the tenor of his joke.

Also, I said last two sentences.  I see no evidence that the sentence before his obvious (but low-class, in my opinion) joke was also a joke.

Step back take a deep breath and think for 10 seconds.

I like Larrys posts and I like your posts and I frequently compliment posters on this site.

I was trying to lighten up the conversation not attack you quality (blue font) I am still blaming the weather.

Have a good evening quality you are a good moderator

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Your opinion is fueled by ignorance. Your ignorance is low class 

I'm neither ignorant nor low-class.  I just don't buy into the propaganda, which some people have swallowed, that any lifestyle choice is acceptable.

Lastly, you apparently think I think all women's basketball players are gay.  I never, never said that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Step back take a deep breath and think for 10 seconds.

I like Larrys posts and I like your posts and I frequently compliment posters on this site.

I was trying to lighten up the conversation not attack you quality (blue font) I am still blaming the weather.

Have a good evening quality you are a good moderator

Why do I need to stop and think?  I already stopped and thought before I made my post.  I didn't make it rashly.  Like I said, I didn't suggest D. Larry is a bad poster, but I just didn't like the nature of his post and felt motivated to express my opinion.  (Maybe I should just start using the "bad post"/"good post" feature.)

May you have a good evening, as well.  However, again, I didn't make my post wearing a moderator's hat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Pistol said:

His thinking is just so strange.

Baylor, Penn State, Michigan State - Covered up accusations of sexual assault for years to protect players and coaches accused of these acts, with the knowledge and participation of athletic directors, their staffs, all the way up to university presidents and administration.

SLU - Functionally expelled four players accused of sexual assault in a single incident despite an investigation that was inconclusive. Lessened the punishment for one player to one semester while the three others have all since departed.

Therefore, SLU is the same as Baylor, Penn State, and Michigan State.

Makes perfect sense.

This is a guy who wrote a puff piece on a Cardinal who covered up systemic child rape for years because the Cardinal was polite to his family one time. He's deranged.

I also don't get why he keeps bringing up the fact that Ford recruited three of these guys, and questioning his vetting process. What does that even mean? Does he think we're offering players with criminal records? Does he think their high school transcripts say "2.9 GPA, also a bunch of rapes"? Does he think Ford and his staff would be taking a chance on guys if they actually did find a record of sexual assault? How does he think this process works?

Yeah, this is the thing that bothers me the most.  SLU just came down very hard on 4 basketball players in a highly questionable way and Ortiz's angle is that SLU is in cover up mode in the manner of Baylor, MSU, or Penn State?!?!?    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Pistol said:

His thinking is just so strange.

Baylor, Penn State, Michigan State - Covered up accusations of sexual assault for years to protect players and coaches accused of these acts, with the knowledge and participation of athletic directors, their staffs, all the way up to university presidents and administration.

SLU - Functionally expelled four players accused of sexual assault in a single incident despite an investigation that was inconclusive. Lessened the punishment for one player to one semester while the three others have all since departed.

Therefore, SLU is the same as Baylor, Penn State, and Michigan State.

Makes perfect sense.

This is a guy who wrote a puff piece on a Cardinal who covered up systemic child rape for years because the Cardinal was polite to his family one time. He's deranged.

I also don't get why he keeps bringing up the fact that Ford recruited three of these guys, and questioning his vetting process. What does that even mean? Does he think we're offering players with criminal records? Does he think their high school transcripts say "2.9 GPA, also a bunch of rapes"? Does he think Ford and his staff would be taking a chance on guys if they actually did find a record of sexual assault? How does he think this process works?

You see what happens when some people are demanding a full scale expose on how the school screwed this whole thing up. You get a guy who neither has the time or interest to do the legwork necessary to do the story.  People today simply are not interested in doing anything in depth.  At this point I am ready to put this whole mess in the rear view mirror. I still believe the salvaging of Goodwin is the rainbow from this storm. You summed it up pretty well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

You see what happens when some people are demanding a full scale expose on how the school screwed this whole thing up. You get a guy who neither has the time or interest to do the legwork necessary to do the story.  People today simply are not interested in doing anything in depth.  At this point I am ready to put this whole mess in the rear view mirror. I still believe the salvaging of Goodwin is the rainbow from this storm. You summed it up pretty well. 

lets hope that indeed does happen.   i will believe it when he is re-enrolled.   slu did him (and our other 3 departed players as well) wrong.   i would not begrudge goodwin for moving on to a new home where the school will actually treat him fairly.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

lets hope that indeed does happen.   i will believe it when he is re-enrolled.   slu did him (and our other 3 departed players as well) wrong.   i would not begrudge goodwin for moving on to a new home where the school will actually treat him fairly.  

Roy, have you been hearing something that makes you doubt the veracity and sincerity of Jordan's word that he will rejoin the team in May, or are you just voicing your fears?  I mean, I understand your fears, considering how many times you and other Bills fans have been manhandled in the gonads over the decades, but SLU fans have on some occasions been able to glimpse the light at the end of the tunnel, too.  This has been a heart-crushing situation, for sure, but I think the worst of it is past.  I believe Goodwin will return, just as Mitchell did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Roy, have you been hearing something that makes you doubt the veracity and sincerity of Jordan's word that he will rejoin the team in May, or are you just voicing your fears?  I mean, I understand your fears, considering how many times you and other Bills fans have been manhandled in the gonads over the decades, but SLU fans have on some occasions been able to glimpse the light at the end of the tunnel, too.  This has been a heart-crushing situation, for sure, but I think the worst of it is past.  I believe Goodwin will return, just as Mitchell did.

Even with SLU really screwing up S2 we are all hoping to see Jordan play his Soph season in a Billiken Blue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

lets hope that indeed does happen.   i will believe it when he is re-enrolled.   slu did him (and our other 3 departed players as well) wrong.   i would not begrudge goodwin for moving on to a new home where the school will actually treat him fairly.  

This is an interesting thought Roy, and it all depends on the definition used for the word "fairly." There is no question in my mind that  Goodwin got some kind of a "one of a kind" negotiated agreement that gave him a much lower suspension time than what had been publicized before hand. I have no doubt that the athletic department, and basketball staff all put pressure on the administration to get this agreement through. As part of the agreement Goodwin and his family had to make public statements about his breaking rules. None of these come without a cost to the involved parties and without an obligation to Goodwin. Goodwin, from my point of view owes the basketball department for having (presumably) put themselves in the line to get him back into the team shortly. I think that Goodwin is a kid with a strong character that will not "betray" those that went out of their way to help him out. I also think Goodwin has very much bought into the Billikens and coach Ford. Therefore, and this is my assumption which I think is correct, he will be back in May.

I have absolutely no more proof that this is the case than the "proof" used to fill the other 350 pages of this thread. I am not worried about Goodwin going somewhere else and fully expect to see him in blue come May. Please understand that the assumptions I am making refer only to Goodwin and not to the remaining players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On February 20, 2018 at 3:15 PM, Billboy1 said:

Hope they report that the girls were not punished even thought they started the whole thing.

And the basketball players are completely innocent. Right?

Had the basketball players declined to participate in an orgy they all would be playing basketball for SLU now.

Had the basketball players not filmed the encounter and posted it online they all would be playing basketball for SLU now.

Unfortunately the basketball players used extremely poor judgement.

That is on them.

The basketball players should have known better.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On flight from ATL up to ORD this AM, finished watching the amazing movie “Marshall” on the Hon. and late US Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, and without getting into details and spoiling the movie, there are some striking parallels between the court case in question and what went on with the Title IX bull****. Josh Gad and Chadwick Boseman turn in performances of a lifetime. 

Hope everyone gets a chance to check the film out. If anything, it’s a great portrayal of Justice Marshall. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tilkowsky said:

And the basketball players are completely innocent. Right?

Had the basketball players declined to participate in an orgy they all would be playing basketball for SLU now.

Had the basketball players not filmed the encounter and posted it online they all would be playing basketball for SLU now.

Unfortunately the basketball players used extremely poor judgement.

That is on them.

The basketball players should have known better.

 

You my friend are a tool.  Whoever struck the match is responsible for the fire that ensues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

This is an interesting thought Roy, and it all depends on the definition used for the word "fairly." There is no question in my mind that  Goodwin got some kind of a "one of a kind" negotiated agreement that gave him a much lower suspension time than what had been publicized before hand. I have no doubt that the athletic department, and basketball staff all put pressure on the administration to get this agreement through. As part of the agreement Goodwin and his family had to make public statements about his breaking rules. None of these come without a cost to the involved parties and without an obligation to Goodwin. Goodwin, from my point of view owes the basketball department for having (presumably) put themselves in the line to get him back into the team shortly. I think that Goodwin is a kid with a strong character that will not "betray" those that went out of their way to help him out. I also think Goodwin has very much bought into the Billikens and coach Ford. Therefore, and this is my assumption which I think is correct, he will be back in May.

I have absolutely no more proof that this is the case than the "proof" used to fill the other 350 pages of this thread. I am not worried about Goodwin going somewhere else and fully expect to see him in blue come May. Please understand that the assumptions I am making refer only to Goodwin and not to the remaining players.

can you even say the above (bolded) without feeling deep shame?   my gosh, these 4 players should not have gotten a smidgen of punishment.   i dont care what kind of "deal"  one of them might have gotten.   the situation should never have gotten to that point where slu had to save face for the misdeeds and horrible decisions made by pesty, krafty and stormy.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

can you even say the above (bolded) without feeling deep shame?   my gosh, these 4 players should not have gotten a smidgen of punishment.   i dont care what kind of "deal"  one of them might have gotten.   the situation should never have gotten to that point where slu had to save face for the misdeeds and horrible decisions made by pesty, krafty and stormy.   

From a recruiting standpoint - Travis Ford is now 2/2 in sticking with his players and being right

1) Goodwin

2) that oklahoma state kid 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, SShoe said:

Yeah, this is the thing that bothers me the most.  SLU just came down very hard on 4 basketball players in a highly questionable way and Ortiz's angle is that SLU is in cover up mode in the manner of Baylor, MSU, or Penn State?!?!?    

This....

 

I very much agree. Clearly, JJdO has established himself as a No Talent Ašš Clown slinging irresponsible opinion pieces sold as fact that will have a negative effect on these young men forever. What a joke of a reporter. 

Comparing this to the other schools is so off base. He clearly has no clue as to what happened and to make this connection shows just how stupid he is. 

I do believe he is trying to be a villainous/edgy writer playing the dark side but he is only failing and ruining lives. The fact that he glorified a pedophile should give him a permanent seat in the trunk.  What a loser. 

Slinging JG’s name through the mud for his betterment through clicks makes me want to puke. Also in reading the chat - he can’t bring himself to admit JG’s acceptance of violating school policy. He is still wording it to sound like a Title IX violation. Just because there is a Title IX investigation doesn’t automatically make you guilty. 

Rant over for now....Karma will bite him in the ašš one day....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not done...

 

This dumbašš also questions Ford about the character of the kids he is recruiting. I’ve met these kids. They are great kids. Śhitty situation that they got caught in. Nothing more....I guess no one showed up at his apartment ready to tango so he wouldn’t understand.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...