Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Interesting. Obviously SLU isn't speaking but I hope he runs a column based on what he's heard from the players 

Yea I took it as he is letting SLU know what he is hearing from the players so they are giving them a chance to talk and respond.  Glad to see he's still working on it.  

Ortiz is a moron. His answer:

I stand by my opinion on Goodwin and SLU's basketball program. I also agreed wholeheartedly with the correction because I should have rephrased one sentence in question better. Goodwin was investigated for a Title IX violation. He was suspended from school and is no longer at school this semester. He has said he plans to return after the semester in mid May. I don't think he's the victim here, and he took responsibility for violating school policy. Coach Travis Ford recruited three of the players who were initially accused of sexual assault. Considering what has happened at Baylor, Michigan State and Penn State, it is important for school officials to take all of these accusations seriously.

Just now, RiseAndGrind said:

I stand by my opinion on Goodwin and SLU's basketball program. I also agreed wholeheartedly with the correction because I should have rephrased one sentence in question better. Goodwin was investigated for a Title IX violation. He was suspended from school and is no longer at school this semester. He has said he plans to return after the semester in mid May. I don't think he's the victim here, and he took responsibility for violating school policy. Coach Travis Ford recruited three of the players who were initially accused of sexual assault. Considering what has happened at Baylor, Michigan State and Penn State, it is important for school officials to take all of these accusations seriously.

Agreed. He's either lazy or just a hack. Maybe both.

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

The dude still cannot get it right.  Travis only recruited 2 of the three students who were initially accused.

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

His answer makes no sense.  The school did take them seriously.  The school immediately went out to an outside firm that specializes in these investigations.  He wrote an article as if they were found guilty of sexual assault which just isn't true.  I can't stand that guy.  

5 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

His answer makes no sense.  The school did take them seriously.  The school immediately went out to an outside firm that specializes in these investigations.  He wrote an article as if they were found guilty of sexual assault which just isn't true.  I can't stand that guy.  

Facts don’t matter to Ortiz. 

If Ortiz was smart he would liken the situation to situation 1. But he doesn’t know anything, so he doesn’t. 

His thinking is just so strange.

Baylor, Penn State, Michigan State - Covered up accusations of sexual assault for years to protect players and coaches accused of these acts, with the knowledge and participation of athletic directors, their staffs, all the way up to university presidents and administration.

SLU - Functionally expelled four players accused of sexual assault in a single incident despite an investigation that was inconclusive. Lessened the punishment for one player to one semester while the three others have all since departed.

Therefore, SLU is the same as Baylor, Penn State, and Michigan State.

Makes perfect sense.

This is a guy who wrote a puff piece on a Cardinal who covered up systemic child rape for years because the Cardinal was polite to his family one time. He's deranged.

I also don't get why he keeps bringing up the fact that Ford recruited three of these guys, and questioning his vetting process. What does that even mean? Does he think we're offering players with criminal records? Does he think their high school transcripts say "2.9 GPA, also a bunch of rapes"? Does he think Ford and his staff would be taking a chance on guys if they actually did find a record of sexual assault? How does he think this process works?

26 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

So stupid. Nobody can accuse SLU of NOT taking this seriously. They took this VERY VERY VERY SERIOUSLY.