Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

40 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Does this count as a whisper, or maybe more of a shout? From a current undergrad. People are clueless, and will judge him for this regardless of the facts. Because SLU won’t do him a f—ing favor and state anything on their own accord. That’s on Pestello. That is being a coward. Defend your students who are currently being blasted in the media and by dopes online, due to the mess you helped create.

(And no I don’t think people need to barrage this girl with replies.. I’ve tried.. nada) 

You can't keep people from having opinions, but I think the school owes it to this kid to put out a statement saying he wasn't guilty of sexual assault.

slufan13 likes this

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, TaLBErt said:

You can't keep people from having opinions, but I think the school owes it to this kid to put out a statement saying he wasn't guilty of sexual assault.

No, Jordan was not even investigated for sexual assault. His dad, and a family retained civil rights lawyer, spent hours reading and then verbatim hand copying the T9 investigative report provided Rev. Goodwin by the University.

I'm not trying to defend anyone who is involved in the investigation, but I keep thinking about the "process of elimination" comment.  I'm wondering if that means that Players 1, 2, & 3 are in the video, and Player 4 is not, but the video is being taken.  Thus, "by process of elimination" .......

Again, as someone who doesn't know exactly what happened, I'm just trying to make sense of it.

15 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I'm not trying to defend anyone who is involved in the investigation, but I keep thinking about the "process of elimination" comment.  I'm wondering if that means that Players 1, 2, & 3 are in the video, and Player 4 is not, but the video is being taken.  Thus, "by process of elimination" .......

Again, as someone who doesn't know exactly what happened, I'm just trying to make sense of it.

Splitting hairs at this point. It's all a Grassy Knoll from this day forward. 

5 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

From what I've heard from multiple people is that faces within the video are 100%, without question, unrecognizable. Thus, in my opinion, this is where the process of elimination phrase stems from. 

-if true someone needs to upgrade their phone

11 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

From what I've heard from multiple people is that faces within the video are 100%, without question, unrecognizable. Thus, in my opinion, this is where the process of elimination phrase stems from. 

Cusumano made a suggestion on his radio show yesterday that Goodwin may have been suspended because he was there and was black. Is that the process of elimination?

NextYearBill likes this

2 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Does this count as a whisper, or maybe more of a shout? From a current undergrad. People are clueless, and will judge him for this regardless of the facts. Because SLU won’t do him a f—ing favor and state anything on their own accord. That’s on Pestello. That is being a coward. Defend your students who are currently being blasted in the media and by dopes online, due to the mess you helped create.

(And no I don’t think people need to barrage this girl with replies.. I’ve tried.. nada) 

I think my favorite thing about Liesel is that her twitter profile sarcastically claims she is a student of journalism and fake news and she tweets out BS like this.

EDIT: that's actually my second favorite thing about Liesel 

TheDude, NextYearBill and slu2016 like this

19 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I think my favorite thing about Liesel is that her twitter profile sarcastically claims she is a student of journalism and fake news and she tweets out BS like this.

EDIT: that's actually my second favorite thing about Liesel 

I think Kratky just handed your file to Weathers.

7 minutes ago, TJHawk said:

First of all no one has been found guilty of sexual assult.  Title 9 thinks it's a court of law but it isn't.  Our former President created a system that instructed schools to go with it's  gut.  If you think he's guilty he is.  It's truly his greatest failure as President.

The other night I read an article that detailed changes made to slu's sexual assault policy in 2011. Maybe it's been posted somewhere in the 340+ pages of this thread. Anyway, I'd hazard to guess that over 90% of all sexual encounters on the slu campus could be found to not meet the standard for consent set by slu's policy. The bottom line is that if a woman were to allege that she did not give consent, it's a near certainty under slu's policy that a hearing officer could find the elements for consent to have not been met.

If you compare the elements of sexual assault under slu's policy and what is necessary to prove sexual assault in a real criminal court case, the two are so distinguishable that they shouldn't be called the same thing. It's really quite incredible.

AGB91 and brianstl like this

32 minutes ago, TJHawk said:

First of all no one has been found guilty of sexual assult.  Title 9 thinks it's a court of law but it isn't. 

And there it is. TJ nailed it. Title IX, sharia, etc. all trying to undermine what is in place and it’s terrifying. 

9 hours ago, dlarry said:

Normally listen to Podcasts in the morning but wanted to hear some local takes on s2. 

I'm not a big fan of Bernie but he does have the highest rated sports show in the area. He also has a lot more listeners than this board has readers. So he just put an awful take out there that a lot of people are going to run with. 

It's not about whether he is good or bad it about putting uninformed info out there.

If he is going to cover this he should have done some homework on the entire situation. If he didn't want to put in the work he should have left it alone.

A lot of people dislike Bernie but unfortunately a lot more still respect his opinion and he just put out some shi*** ones.

Dlarry,

By any chance, have you seen either a written transcription or the actual audio of Bernie's take? I checked website and didn't see. Would like to see/hear what he said. Like him or not, he usually does his homework and I'm surprised he apparently didn't here.

Pestello could fix the problem right now with leadership.  What is the gender and racial make-up of the SLU Title IX coordinators?  Does the Title IX policy show any due process without bias?    Change the Title IX policies and coordinators at SLU to eliminate gender and racial bias, whether actual or perceived.

Furthermore, ORTIZ is the definition of "Self-righteousness" - (also called sanctimoniousness, sententiousness, and holier-than-thou attitudes) is a feeling or display of (usually smug) moral superiority derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person.

Once upon a time, journalists were seen as searchers of facts and deep investigations, not mere speculation.

Depressing thought I had recently... since Goodwin is not even enrolled at SLU anymore, what is to stop other coaches from calling and trying to poach him?  You have to think he’d be welcome at 98% of D1 schools, especially now that he is cleared of violating Title IX. 

With that said, I think he wants to stay and play here so it’s hopefully a moot point. 

5 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Depressing thought I had recently... since Goodwin is not even enrolled at SLU anymore, what is to stop other coaches from calling and trying to poach him?  You have to think he’d be welcome at 98% of D1 schools, especially now that he is cleared of violating Title IX. 

With that said, I think he wants to stay and play here so it’s hopefully a moot point. 

Goodwin is Saint Louis. I ain’t worried 

6 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

He would have to sit out a year.

39 minutes ago, Adman said:

Dlarry,

By any chance, have you seen either a written transcription or the actual audio of Bernie's take? I checked website and didn't see. Would like to see/hear what he said. Like him or not, he usually does his homework and I'm surprised he apparently didn't here.

Sorry I have no idea how to find that. It might be on the Website tomorrow.

He started off saying how Ortiz wrote a good article about it. That was his biggest mistake. 

Then he basically said I was friends with Majerus so I'm not a SLU hater.

He then went on to say how it just doesn't look good for the school when 3 guys get expelled but the local star is allowed back. He said he wasn't sure that sent the right nessage. 

Michelle Smallman talked a lot and she said she had no problem with him coming back. He then softened his stance a bit. 

He just kept saying something seems fishy and with college sports if it seems fishy something usually isn't right.

He talked for about 5 minutes around 7:30.

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Sorry I have no idea how to find that. It might be on the Website tomorrow.

He started off saying how Ortiz wrote a good article about it. That was his biggest mistake. 

Then he basically said I was friends with Majerus so I'm not a SLU hater.

He then went on to say how it just doesn't look good for the school when 3 guys get expelled but the local star is allowed back. He said he wasn't sure that sent the right nessage. 

Michelle Smallman talked a lot and she said she had no problem with him coming back. He then softened his stance a bit. 

He just kept saying something seems fishy and with college sports if it seems fishy something usually isn't right.

He talked for about 5 minutes around 7:30.

He softened because Smallman pointed out that she really needed to know more about the situation before she was going to venture any opinion - actually, she made the smartest comment in the whole segment.  He really had very little idea about what he was talking about other than what he read from Ortiz and a little of Stu's stuff which we all know doesn't tell us that much.  Smallman's position was refreshing given that she is the age and gender of who this kind of thing is happening to.  She clearly understood that this type of story is complicated and you can not take one person's point without knowing the entire story.