Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

I just gotta laugh one more time about the Butt Hurt letter sent to the entire student body about how their whole survey was maliciously ruined.  They worked for an entire two years on it.  They even made sure to spell most of the words right and some of the questions even allowed you to claim you had never been sexually assaulted.

Unfortunately they are the (oh so innocent) victims of a terrible act where their 100% open survey with no safeties to ensure people were not taking the survey multiple times (or posting it to a message board for others to take) was taken advantage of.  I mean...who could have foreseen this.  I guess they never heard the tale of the SS Boaty McBoatface. 

It is just unbelievably terrible to me that after these mistakes, where they had a real concern about the survey (namely that the results were compromised - of course they cannot take responsibility for that) and they overshadow their concern with starting their email out with terrible lies/exaggerations about how important this survey was and how long they worked on it.  They are more petulant than a bunch of young teenagers and about as honest too.  Hard to take them seriously.

billikenfan05, TRN, dlarry and 2 others like this

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

I just gotta laugh one more time about the Butt Hurt letter sent to the entire student body about how their whole survey was maliciously ruined.  They worked for an entire two years on it.  They even made sure to spell most of the words right and some of the questions even allowed you to claim you had never been sexually assaulted.

Unfortunately they are the (oh so innocent) victims of a terrible act where their 100% open survey with no safeties to ensure people were not taking the survey multiple times (or posting it to a message board for others to take) was taken advantage of.  I mean...who could have foreseen this.  I guess they never heard the tale of the SS Boaty McBoatface. 

It is just unbelievably terrible to me that after these mistakes, where they had a real concern about the survey (namely that the results were compromised - of course they cannot take responsibility for that) and they overshadow their concern with starting their email out with terrible lies/exaggerations about how important this survey was and how long they worked on it.  They are more petulant than a bunch of young teenagers and about as honest too.  Hard to take them seriously.

out of reactions at 8:51am.... good post 

4 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

It is absolutely ridiculous because EVEN if a student had not posted the survey on here, had just someone pointed out the fact that the link was public, the survey would have been invalidated any way. The problem was never that it was share on a message board, the problem was the link!

BTW, sorry @billikenfan05 looks like @MattyMo213 is officially Mr. Billiken AND Mr. St. Louis 2018. Maybe you can be Mr. West County or something.

59 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Do we know who's on the appeal board?

The purpose of this email/post is aligned with the interest and opinion of everyone on this board, but the communication here is very poor.  Not only is the language/tone used a bit immature and improper, but the demand as a whole is far fetched. 

While I’d love for it to be possible, one cannot simply send an email demanding a decision, hope for it to go viral, and achieve a release of punishment TODAY - who in their right mind thinks Pestello will see this email and think “Oh crap, Tony Murkens is pissed! Better release the decision and drop the punishments today!” 

I’m all for the troll tweets Tony sends, and again his heart is in the right place, but this “letter” is an improper representation of those that want true justice. Silly demands like this will not be answered.

Buster likes this

13 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

C’mon, be true to your scool!!!

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

Not quite sure why Turnipseed is getting a hard time here.  From all available information he has not played any role in this case so far and it isn’t his fault he is the only male in that office.

No problem with Turnipseed. The problem is the 11-1 ratio in the department.

You really couldn't have scripted the Title IX office to look any worse than they just made themselves look.  The lawyer from the player comes out and talks about how poor of a job they've done and they basically said, "you think that was bad, watch us screw up this survey."  It could've been sent as a PM to everybody on here and they took it and then they wouldn't have known.  Add in the spelling mistakes, the fact it was released with an interim person in charge during the highest profile Title IX case they will probably have when they had been "working on it for two years" and it just looks awful.  

I was extremely skeptical on the Title IX process throughout but no chance I think this was done properly and fairly anymore.  They can't even conduct a survey.  

I am genuinely concerned about the incompetence of the current administration at the university. The following is a FB post from a friend of mine whose son was considering SLU for undergrad. I blocked their full name and address, but note his actual first name in the address block (Robert) and the name used in the salutation (Nolan). This kind of mistake reflects poorly on so many levels. 

image.png

3 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

You really couldn't have scripted the Title IX office to look any worse than they just made themselves look.  The lawyer from the player comes out and talks about how poor of a job they've done and they basically said, "you think that was bad, watch us screw up this survey."  It could've been sent as a PM to everybody on here and they took it and then they wouldn't have known.  Add in the spelling mistakes, the fact it was released with an interim person in charge during the highest profile Title IX case they will probably have when they had been "working on it for two years" and it just looks awful.  

I was extremely skeptical on the Title IX process throughout but no chance I think this was done properly and fairly anymore.  They can't even conduct a survey.  

They basically exposed this whole process as nothing but a witch hunt.

19 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

It is absolutely ridiculous because EVEN if a student had not posted the survey on here, had just someone pointed out the fact that the link was public, the survey would have been invalidated any way. The problem was never that it was share on a message board, the problem was the link!

BTW, sorry @billikenfan05 looks like @MattyMo213 is officially Mr. Billiken AND Mr. St. Louis 2018. Maybe you can be Mr. West County or something.

Or if one kid decided to take the same survey multiple times, there is nothing they could have done to stop them.

12 minutes ago, davidnark said:

I am genuinely concerned about the incompetence of the current administration at the university. The following is a FB post from a friend of mine whose son was considering SLU for undergrad. I blocked their full name and address, but note his actual first name in the address block (Robert) and the name used in the salutation (Nolan). This kind of mistake reflects poorly on so many levels. 

image.png

That is awful. 

8 minutes ago, davidnark said:

image.png

Has there ever been a time when SLU administration was not the deep clown state?  Constantly screwing things up and taking two steps back for every step forward.  This type of stuff has been going on there since I went there twenty years ago.  They really need to purge DuBourg and hire some new blood.

9 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

They basically exposed this whole process as nothing but a witch hunt.

And this survey fiasco happened after the expiration of the appeals process, such that it can’t be introduced by the accused (no additional comments or responses are allowed by the accused after the appeal is filed).  This clusterf*ck of a survey would support both grounds for an appeal. 

8 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

And this survey fiasco happened after the expiration of the appeals process, such that it can’t be introduced by the accused (no additional comments or responses are allowed by the accused after the appeal is filed).  This clusterf*ck of a survey would support both grounds for an appeal. 

Won't hurt any litigation

Read all the links about male students suing their respective colleges, and winning, after they've been labeled a sex offender. If you were a smart devious type, you'd find a willing partner to have sex with and the next day she accuses you of assault. You get suspended, lose the appeal, and then sue. You then split the settlement with your partner. A word of caution;  make sure you're suing a school that has an HO  with a strong anti male bias and an administration that doesn't know it's arse from it's elbow. Anyone know a school that fits the bill?

TFord and TRavs likes this

59 minutes ago, davidnark said:

image.png

My nephew had the same thing occur. However my daughter did not.  They did follow up the acceptance letter with personal phone calls to both. So there is an effort...

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

I'm going to guess that the fear of coming across as the next Michigan St is greater than the fear of litigation from the players side. 

While I think the two situations have little or nothing in common, you make an unfortunately good point....