Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

4 minutes ago, LindellWest said:

While I think the two situations have little or nothing in common, you make an unfortunately good point....

I'm talking about the OTL story that came out Friday about Michigan St's basketball and football programs covering up/not suspending athletes for alleged sexual assault. It's not a perfect comparison but I think it put fear into universities everywhere

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I'm talking about the OTL story that came out Friday about Michigan St's basketball and football programs covering up/not suspending athletes for alleged sexual assault. It's not a perfect comparison but I think it put fear into universities everywhere

While not downwind from Lansing at all, even the smallest of incidents by comparison will be swept up in the prevailing winds that have created this firestorm. It's unfortunate that the guilt-by-association list will swell exponentially as the overcrowding of society's gallows continues. 

Can anyone actually read that? It reads like something written by an online troll, not (what I assume) is a lawyer? 

It reads to me as though the title ix investigation was all about the filming, and that everyone has admitted the acts were consensual besides that? 

Even after reading her statement the punishment seems excessive. 

If they didn't want it filmed why not ask them to turn off the camera or stop banging away? 

After reading the statement I'm even more  positive this is a case of buyers remorse.

Just now, Spoon-Balls said:

Wait I just re-read her statement. I she seriously implying that sexual exploitation (by one of the players) is equivalent, in this case, to full blown assault by all of them? What the fock....

I've had a theory for a while that all four players were taking video/pictures but only one posted them publicly. 

In MO explicit consent in filming of sexual acts is only required when an reasonable expectation of privacy exist.  I don't know how you can claim a reasonable expectation of privacy when six other people are in the room.

Plus, lack of explicit consent for filming does not equal sexual assault.

Tonka and JohnnyJumpUp like this

"it is time for the voice of a survivor to be heard"

The use of the term survivor has to be sarcasm on the lawyers part right? Basically their entire complaint is about the pictures/video being taken. Not a word in that statement was actually written by the "survivor"

billikenfan05 likes this

Just now, kshoe said:

"it is time for the voice of a survivor to be heard"

The use of the term survivor has to be sarcasm on the lawyers part right? Basically their entire complaint is about the pictures/video being taken. Not a word in that statement was actually written by the "survivor"

I was waiting for someone more intelligent than I to express this opinion. Thank you.

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

Where are the other 2?

Why no statement from them. The U put this our there to help get support but it's just raising more questions. 

This (hopefully) will backfire. This statement essentially confirms that the act of filming was the issue, not the sex act itself. Meaning expulsion is way way way way out of line