Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

2 hours ago, HoosierBilliken said:

SLU is not to blame.  Shame on the players for putting themselves in a position where their futures are determined by administrators, lawyers, and people who think very highly of themselves.

Yeah, if the whole squad just went on the Mike Pence plan, none of this would have happened...

:unsure:

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

Agreed.

But the guys probably have a lot more at stake.

They should have known better.

They probably all knew better, but when you mix 18 year old brains with erect penises and lubricated vaginas, things happen. Non criminal things in this case. Its unfortunate for all involved, especially those falsely accused of criminal acts.

34 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

They probably all knew better, but when you mix 18 year old brains with erect penises and lubricated vaginas, things happen. Non criminal things in this case. Its unfortunate for all involved, especially those falsely accused of criminal acts.

#HOF

51 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Exactly. Sex has been boiled down to just consent. Which puts all of the responsibility on the other person. 

Sex needs to be a discussion of morality not just one of consent.

Unfortunately most of the institutions of higher learning have been boiling sex to just consent. Not morality.

6 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

Exactly. Sex has been boiled down to just consent. Which puts all of the responsibility on the other person. 

Sex needs to be a discussion of morality not just one of consent.

Unfortunately most of the institutions of higher learning have been boiling sex to just consent. Not morality.

As if you're the judge on what is moral... Let's just implement the Mike Pence view of "sexual morality" into SLU's handbook and see what happens.

With all of these hardcore evangelical Christians proclaiming to be the harbingers of "Christian values" lately (like good ol' Roy Moore), it's no surprise no one takes their archaic views on "sexual morality" seriously anymore....

11 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

As if you're the judge on what is moral... Let's just implement the Mike Pence view of "sexual morality" into SLU's handbook and see what happens.

With all of these hardcore evangelical Christians proclaiming to be the harbingers of "Christian values" lately (like good ol' Roy Moore), it's no surprise no one takes their archaic views on "sexual morality" seriously anymore....

Pence's view IS in SLU's handbook.  SLU IS a Catholic university in name anyway.  If you don't like SLU's handbook don't go there and don't send your kids there.  I don't like the process in this case but the underlying morality and values are mainstream Catholic doctrine.  Most 18 year olds are not good Catholics.  Few 45 year olds are either but that doesn't mean the you just give up trying to be a better person.  

Tonka likes this

16 minutes ago, TheOne said:

If AD is traveling, do we take this as Ford intentionally having him alongside the team in case the ruling comes in before game time tomorrow? At which point he could theoretically suit up and play if I’m not mistaken?

No.

22 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Pence's view IS in SLU's handbook.  SLU IS a Catholic university in name anyway.  If you don't like SLU's handbook don't go there and don't send your kids there.  I don't like the process in this case but the underlying morality and values are mainstream Catholic doctrine.  Most 18 year olds are not good Catholics.  Few 45 year olds are either but that doesn't mean the you just give up trying to be a better person.  

What's your point? Does SLU bar gays and lesbians from enrolling? Punish students for using contraception? Discipline students for having pre marital sex? I'm pretty sure SLU does none of those things despite being a Catholic institution. Most people send their kids there because it is a great school, not because it explicitly follows conservative Catholic doctrine by the book.

Look my original point to the troll was that SLU can't just start making this whole case into a "Catholic sexual morality" one. That would be terrible precedent. 

22 minutes ago, TheOne said:

If AD is traveling, do we take this as Ford intentionally having him alongside the team in case the ruling comes in before game time tomorrow? At which point he could theoretically suit up and play if I’m not mistaken?

That's my take.

Just now, Spoon-Balls said:

What's your point? Does SLU bar gays and lesbians from enrolling? Punish students for using contraception? Discipline students for having pre marital sex? I'm pretty sure SLU does none of those things despite being a Catholic institution. Most people send their kids there because it is a great school, not because it explicitly follows conservative Catholic doctrine by the book.

I haven't  read SLU's handbook completely.  I'm pretty sure banging is discouraged in there somewhere, regardless of sexual orientation or use of contraception.  

But the players literally broke multiple student code of conduct rules if the rumors are true.  So... im not really understanding here why people think they should be free from any punishment.  An average student would be looking at a lot of trouble as well with the student board. I dont recall the steps in punishment... but I had the unpleasant experience of dealing with the student conduct team and I was kicked off campus and on probation for far far less. 

44 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

There will be people at SLU who will try to do that that.  The funny thing is it won't be the people at SLU who belong to religious orders.  It will be the people that normally laugh at the Catholic Church's teaching on these issues, but they will see this as a way to get a pound of flesh from these guys.

Spoon-Balls likes this

6 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

But the players literally broke multiple student code of conduct rules if the rumors are true.  So... im not really understanding here why people think they should be free from any punishment.  An average student would be looking at a lot of trouble as well with the student board. I dont recall the steps in punishment... but I had the unpleasant experience of dealing with the student conduct team and I was kicked off campus and on probation for far far less. 

If that's the case then the females also broke student conduct rules  (having sex in an on campus residence), so they'd likely be looking at equivalent punishments. I'm pretty sure the University does not want to go that route...

10 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

But the players literally broke multiple student code of conduct rules if the rumors are true.  So... im not really understanding here why people think they should be free from any punishment.  An average student would be looking at a lot of trouble as well with the student board. I dont recall the steps in punishment... but I was kicked off campus and on probation for far far less. 

I literally broke multiple laws this morning when I went 5 miles over the speed limit and rolled a stop sign. Doesn't mean I should be thrown in the slammer, and not allowed to drive anymore or am a threat to society. I literally broke the student conduct code every time I consumed a beer in the dorms as an underage student. 

I don't believe that average students are punished more harshly than this and don't believe you were kicked off campus for "far far less" than consensual sex.

12 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I literally broke multiple laws this morning when I went 5 miles over the speed limit and rolled a stop sign. Doesn't mean I should be thrown in the slammer, and not allowed to drive anymore or am a threat to society.

I don't believe that average students are punished more harshly than this and don't believe you were kicked off campus for "far far less" than consensual sex.

Im not understanding... students are literally punished everyday for not illegal things being done on campus. But because in this case you feel its dumb, they should not be punished now.    If a video tape was created as rumored ... that is very much against code of conduct rules regardless if it was consensual.  If they were drinking, having sex, and a video that is 3 violations right there of the student code of conduct.  From my recollection, that is automatically kicked off campus.  

The rules may be dumb (and i agree) but they are currently enforced...soooo I dont really know what to tell you.  Go change the rules. 

And yes I had far less serious infractions then making a video (where the other party is now claiming was not consensual), I was kicked off for being in an apartment where drinking was occurring in which i was not even drinking, having a beer bong in my apartment and some other minor infraction. 3 infractions - off campus, probation.  Cya. No one came to my defense and shed any tears. 

55 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

You can shove your “liberal “ values. Maybe if some of the players and girls,involved in this fiasco,had some of those “archaic” values, they would have been a lot better off. I’m no defender of the SLU Administration, but there certainly is responsibility that needs to be shared by those involved. 

3 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

Im not understanding... students are literally punished everyday for not illegal things being done on campus. But because in this case you feel its dumb, they should not be punished now.    If a video tape was created... that is very much against code of conduct rules regardless if it was consensual.  If they were drinking, having sex, and a video that is 3 violations right there of the student code of conduct.  From my recollection, that is automatically kicked off campus.  

The rules may be dumb (and i agree) but they are currently enforced...soooo I dont really know what to tell you.  Go change the rules. 

So drinking and having consensual sex means automatically kicked off campus if caught?

Seems like the punishment doesn't fit the crime, hence my speeding analogy. Especially considering EVERY other student at SLU is doing the same.