Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

A bit of a technical question, but is it 5 business days or 5 calendar days (anyone have the rules handy?)?  If it's the former, then tomorrow might technically be the deadline for receipt of additional info by either party.  That being said, I have to believe that a final (or 99% final) version of the report, including the recommendation, have already been drafted and the investigator is (or was) just waiting for additional information.  

In other words, if yesterday was the deadline and there was no additional information, the Hearing Officer should be able to produce a final determination tomorrow.  If any of the above variations happen, then we're likely looking into mid-late next week for a final determination. 

14 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Seems logical that investigation would be concluded as close to end of first semester as possible. Final day is Tuesday, Dec. 19.

This is what I've been thinking would be the case. Could it be that SLU decided on suspending the players for a whole semester a long time ago?  They might have let this drag out because they wanted it to appear like they were being thorough...

slufan13 likes this

3 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

This is what I've been thinking would be the case. Could it be that SLU decided on suspending the players for a whole semester a long time ago?  They might have let this drag out because they wanted it to appear like they were being thorough...

déjà-vu.jpg

24 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

I have a feeling the basketball program is just as much in the dark as the posters on this board.  

I'd agree and in a normal process that is probably how it should be. The problem is that you've put these guys lives on hold for 3 months now waiting for some sort of resolution. You can't leave them or the program in the dark that long. 

21 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I'd agree and in a normal process that is probably how it should be. The problem is that you've put these guys lives on hold for 3 months now waiting for some sort of resolution. You can't leave them or the program in the dark that long. 

Are we sure the Title NiNe Male Opressor Committee knows that SLU has a basketball program?

19 hours ago, brianstl said:

Why is it so hard for you to understand that SLU hasn’t suspended the players from the team.  They are only suspended from game day activities.  That makes me convinced that Early on that SLU determined the players were not guilty of the original accusations.  If SLU has made that determination they have a duty to protect those players from the stain of being labeled sexual predators.

the Goohers definitely mishandled their process.  It was a complete train wreck which ultimately led to most of the players being cleared by the University of sexual assault in the Title IX process.  It led to multiple players being falsely labeled as sexual predators, a player boycott and cost the coach his job for suggesting the players had a right to due process.

Callaway’s suspension at Florida occurred during the off season and was unknown to the public until he was cleared. The fact that the feds currently have an open investigation into the university’s handling of that case suggest Florida might have mishandled the investigation.

i really don’t know enough about the other cases in particular to comment.  I would just say because other schools might act in the same way, it doesn’t mean that way is proper.

SLU is not to blame.  Shame on the players for putting themselves in a position where their futures are determined by administrators, lawyers, and people who think very highly of themselves.

24 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

SLU is not to blame.  Shame on the players for putting themselves in a position where their futures are determined by administrators, lawyers, and people who think very highly of themselves.

I'm out of reactions but bad post 

26 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

This is a terrible post

edit: i had a reaction left, but wanted to make sure my point was driven home.

It looks like SLU is doing an excellent job so far.  It will go to a Hearing Officer, who will make a decision.  Everything is following a process.  SLU did the players and coach and fans a favor in keeping the players suspended from game activities.  A punishment will be retroactive and those suspended games will be included in the punishment.  Much better situation than suspending them the last half of the season.  Thank you SLU for using your discretion wisely.  Thank you Fred Pestello for your hard work on this matter.

2 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

It looks like SLU is doing an excellent job so far.  It will go to a Hearing Officer, who will make a decision.  Everything is following a process.  SLU did the players and coach and fans a favor in keeping the players suspended from game activities.  A punishment will be retroactive and those suspended games will be included in the punishment.  Much better situation than suspending them the last half of the season.  Thank you SLU for using your discretion wisely.  Thank you Fred Pestello for your hard work on this matter.

Okay now I know you're just trolling so it's all good now. I was afraid you actually believed those kind of things 

43 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

IMG_3437.JPG

Box and Won likes this

35 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

It's easy to be a critic of SLU when you have no idea what they have to deal with in a situation like this.

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.”
– Benjamin Franklin

I don’t disagree with you as much as most others probably do regarding how much blame should fall on SLU. But your “shame on the players” comment is truly stupid and unfair. If the players are innocent then they are innocent and to blame them for “putting themselves in that situation” is ridiculous and borderline offensive.