Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, slufan13 said:

So decision tomorrow?

-not sure if you are serious or not, no blue font, but if a decision is rendered tomorrow then why could it not have been issued on Dec 22 or sooner? I'm afraid we still have some time until a decision

3 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

When the decision does come down, does anyone think it's not going to be a bad one? 

I think if it was an easy “bad” decision to make that it would have been made quickly. It is much harder to have the kids enroll for 2nd Semester to then turn around and kick them out. At this point, I believe the delays and feet dragging was partially just hoping the kids would leave and partially to try and build a better case against them. If the case against them had come together I think this would move much quicker. 

If the kids are kicked out of school a couple weeks into the semester, it will be one of the biggest possible all-time dick moves.

CBFan likes this

I really do not think that this matter of sanctions has only two possible outcomes: either expulsion, or a full pardon (I really do not know a better word). I think there are any number of other options, requiring neither a pardon nor expulsion, that are more likely outcomes than the two extreme ones. If this is the case there is no reason for the kids not to be allowed to register for the second semester. 

59 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I really do not think that this matter of sanctions has only two possible outcomes: either expulsion, or a full pardon (I really do not know a better word). I think there are any number of other options, requiring neither a pardon nor expulsion, that are more likely outcomes than the two extreme ones. If this is the case there is no reason for the kids not to be allowed to register for the second semester. 

I think everyone recognizes there is a broad spectrum of punishments. I am objecting to the kids not knowing where their punishment is on the spectrum when enrolling. They may be removed from school or sports for the semester or longer after enrolling which will impact their ability (if they want to) to enroll elsewhere and get their lives restarted more quickly and completely. I haven’t done the math, but I believe it is now over 100 days and expect it to be 4-months since the incident before the punishment is known. 

10 hours ago, SLU_Lax said:

I think if it was an easy “bad” decision to make that it would have been made quickly. It is much harder to have the kids enroll for 2nd Semester to then turn around and kick them out. At this point, I believe the delays and feet dragging was partially just hoping the kids would leave and partially to try and build a better case against them. If the case against them had come together I think this would move much quicker. 

If the kids are kicked out of school a couple weeks into the semester, it will be one of the biggest possible all-time dick moves.

From past history, I expect these young men to be treated poorly. Anything short of that will be a surprise.

5 minutes ago, Basketbill said:

except it is djforrest1 and it does not appear to be djforeman....

djforrest1 looks awful similar to foreman, and it appears this Forrest fella plays for slu.