Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

4 hours ago, spooncool said:

They mentioned that Yuri might sign with SLU on Frank Cusamano show today,   I asked someone who knows him well and he said Yuri was going to wait til after summer for sure.   It makes sense because other scouts looking and let's all be honest after last year he might just want to see the program is stable before committing.    I meant lucky to get him bc he is exactly what that team is lacking.  Imagine a 5 of Collins, Goodwin, thatch, Gordon, and French.  Not to mention these other recruits that look great and can be interchangeable in that 5!

B)

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

It makes no sense to take a grad transfer who will not see the floor.  My guess is that Austin is not in the Billiken plans.  There is a reason a kid goes to two different Power 5 schools and sits.  SLU does not need to make it three.  Much prefer to take a JC kid who proved himself or a grad from a lower program who shined and wants one last chance to get to the NCAA Tourney.  Austin played in only 23 games for Vanderbilt averaging 2.5 pts and an assist.  Looks like he could not even make the rotation for a 12 win team and Iooks like he was 2nd last guy on the bench ..... clean-up guy.  SLU will/should do better.

Any point guard you get at this stage will be just as much a question mark as Austin.  Vandy might have only won 12 games this season, but were a better team than the Billikens. Austin was buried behind two pretty good guards in LaChance and Lee.  Tate knows what Austin can bring to the the table as well as anyone else.  If Tate is on board with Austin, than so am I.

VeniceMenace likes this

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Any point guard you get at this stage will be just as much a question mark as Austin.  Vandy might have only won 12 games this season, but were a better team than the Billikens. Austin was buried behind two pretty good guards in LaChance and Lee.  Tate knows what Austin can bring to the the table as well as anyone else.  If Tate is on board with Austin, than so am I.

Tate obviously knows him from the Beagles, but I think Ford recruited him at OSU too. Could be a double connection.

In Ford and coaches I trust if they want Austin then I want him simple as that.

19 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

-This shouldn’t effect any pg recruiting in this class

We can confirm that Larry Austin Jr. & Payton Willis will be leaving the Vanderbilt Men’s Basketball program. @VandySportscom

@NH what are your thoughts on Willis?  I was a little surprised with him transferring, too.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

@NH what are your thoughts on Willis?  I was a little surprised with him transferring, too.

He definitely would have been welcomed back by the coaching staff. He’s a good player but would have been 3rd / 4th guard given Garland, Saben Lee and possibly Langford. My guess is he thought he was overqualified for that role.

Id he pumped if he came to SLU. Good combo guard that would do well in A-10. 

2 hours ago, NH said:

He definitely would have been welcomed back by the coaching staff. He’s a good player but would have been 3rd / 4th guard given Garland, Saben Lee and possibly Langford. My guess is he thought he was overqualified for that role.

Id he pumped if he came to SLU. Good combo guard that would do well in A-10. 

What choo talkin’ ‘bout, Willis?!

http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article205234634.html 

the last block was frenchlike.   

ej was named first team all state yesterday and of course today they play for the state championship vs defending state champ, chicago whitney young.  

9 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Can you imagine if we fielded a team with Goodwin, Gordon, and Liddell all starting? The hometown squad would be leading us straight to the final four! Also imagine the impact that would have on the regional fanbase...

You might as well add Collins in there too feeding them the ball.

12 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Can you imagine if we fielded a team with Goodwin, Gordon, and Liddell all starting? The hometown squad would be leading us straight to the final four! Also imagine the impact that would have on the regional fanbase...

Probably what Cincinnati fans were saying about their team 

15 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

the building would be packed for every game.......

12 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

We might actually get a mention in our "supposed hometown newsrag" that is until the remaining Porter kids face the difficult decision of what school to commit to :lol::rolleyes:

Speaking of the Columbia P-D, I hope the "little O" writer never sets foot in the Fetz or asks for press creds for a Bills game.

26 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

BTW, that team would also have French, Santos, Thatch, Pearson, Collins, Jacobs, Johnson and anyone else TF would sign between now and then to fill the 3 not-accounted-for-scholarships.   Talk about a powerhouse!  Golly, the Beast might even think we were good enough to be invited to join them.

I'm curious why we would make fun of the ONLY member of the media that is an admitted Billiken fan that shares somewhat inside information for us?

13 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I'm curious why we would make fun of the ONLY member of the media that is an admitted Billiken fan that shares somewhat inside information for us?

I agree 100%. Frank is just about the only pro-SLU person in the local media. sure not going to get anything listening to the blow hard Miklasz......