Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, STLsportsfan said:

Heres highlights from the game 

How about giving us some names with jersey numbers.   I know Collins, Liddell and Hargrove since I've seen them numerous times but I do not know the rest.   Thanks for posting.   Very good stuff!

6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

How about giving us some names with jersey numbers.   I know Collins, Liddell and Hargrove since I've seen them numerous times but I do not know the rest.   Thanks for posting.   Very good stuff!

I know one of the kids plays HS in Arkansas.  But ya, no names suck.   

BBE hasn't updated its roster online yet, but here are the players above:

3: Collins (St. Mary's)

5: McKinney (Vashon)

10: Moody (2020 kid from Little Rock - wow)

21: Batchman (Chaminade)

22: Hargrove (East St. Louis)

23: Okoro (Normal Community West)

32: Liddell (Belleville West)

I think 11 and 31 are Josh Wallace (CBC) and Devan Cambridge (Believe Prep, TN).

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

BBE hasn't updated its roster online yet, but here are the players above:

3: Collins (St. Mary's)

5: McKinney (Vashon)

10: Moody (2020 kid from Little Rock - wow)

21: Batchman (Chaminade)

22: Hargrove (East St. Louis)

23: Okoro (Normal Community West)

32: Liddell (Belleville West)

I think 11 and 31 are Josh Wallace (CBC) and Devan Cambridge (Believe Prep, TN).

They have to be among the favorites this summer, right? That is a stacked team. 

9 hours ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Saw this the other day when Isaiah Williams committed to Illinois football a few weeks ago. But he goes to Trinity in North County, there has been a billboard of Lovie Smith on 270 between Bellefontaine and Lilac about a mile from the school. Always thought it was weird especially since football season was over, but then it hit me this might of been the greatest subliminal recruiting tool to get a 5*, cause if you pass it everyday, its always in your head. 

So I think we need a Billiken billboard on 15 or Frank Scott so everyday when EJ goes to school he knows that TF is there. Get your tickets now.

Illinois also hired his Football Coach at Trinity lol

15 hours ago, Zink said:

They have to be among the favorites this summer, right? That is a stacked team. 

15 hours ago, brianstl said:

They won the EYBL preview this past weekend.

They will absolutely be one of the favorites in every event they play in this year. This Swish 'n Dish event put on by NY2LA Sports tends to just feature teams from the Midwest, and I think BBE had 1 loss in pool play but won every other game over the weekend to capture the 17U title. But even in larger national events, BBE will be one of the better teams out there.

10 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

The Prep Hoops National Rankings for 2019 just came out. Here are the rankings for some local recruits.

Liddell  #39
McKinney #64
Hargrove #96
Collins #230

In my homerific opinion, i think we will see Yuri move up into the top 100. Also think Hargrove will move up. Think Liddell will be top 25 by the end. Think Mckinney will fall. 

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

In my homerific opinion, i think we will see Yuri move up into the top 100. Also think Hargrove will move up. Think Liddell will be top 25 by the end. Think Mckinney will fall. 

Yes, McKinney is way too high. I do not get the hype with him at all.

6 minutes ago, ChangeOfPace said:

Yes, McKinney is way too high. I do not get the hype with him at all.

McKinney is probably too high, but AAU ball suits his style of play.  I don't know if he will fall all that much over the summer.  I think Hargrove could really move up playing with the Beagles.  

I think Collins is really underrated, but that is fine with me.  Let everyone sleep on him.  He will prove them all wrong at the next level.

1 hour ago, SLURadioBoy said:

The Prep Hoops National Rankings for 2019 just came out. Here are the rankings for some local recruits.

Liddell  #39
McKinney #64
Hargrove #96
Collins #230

I'm glad they're doing a national list now. There's some outdated information on there, but overall it's a good list and has some interesting data points. Here's the full list of SLU's 2019 offers, interest, and other:

1. Vernon Carey (offered, but he eliminated SLU from his list)

2. James Wiseman (used to play with BBE)

6. Ashton Hagans (offered, can pretty much guarantee he's not coming to SLU and he may reclassify to 2018)

15. Francis Okoro (offered, visiting Oregon this weekend and possibly considering a reclassification and commitment there or to Purdue)

24. Christian Brown (offer)

25. Jalen Lecque (offer)

29. Armando Bacot (offered, but he eliminated SLU from his list)

35. Josh Nickelberry (offer)

36. Isaiah Stewart (offer)

39. E.J. Liddell (offer)

40. Kofi Cockburn (offer)

41. Jalen Wilson (offer)

44. Bryce Wills (offered, but he committed to Stanford and reclassified to 2018)

47. Grant Sherfield (offered, UCLA commit)

49. Malik Hall (offer)

54. Isiaih Mosley (no offer or interest, but he's a Columbia-Rock Bridge kid)

64. Mario McKinney (offer)

67. Kahlil Whitney (offer; he attends Roselle Catholic and Ford is there this weekend for a coaching clinic. That said, I haven't seen that we're as involved as others with him.)

68. John Bol Ajak (offer)

71. C.J. Walker (offer)

83. Dekeyvan "Kyky" Tandy (interest; he was the kid playing against Detorrion Ware in the KY playoffs a few weeks ago)

89. Aundre Hyatt (offer; considering reclassification to 2018)

93. Marcedus Leech (offer)

96. Terrence Hargrove, Jr. (offer)

100. Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd (offer)

109. Chris Payton (offer)

110. Paul Mulcahy (interest)

113. Markese Jacobs (Kansas commit and Demarius Jacobs' brother)

116. Al-Amir Dawes (interest)

129. Ismael Massoud (offer)

146. Jaylin Williams (offer)

162. Mike Christmas (offer)

164. Nobal Days (offer)

185. Joe Toussaint (offer)

205. Myles Baker (offer)

207. Joe Girard III (offer)

230. Yuri Collins (offer)

Not listed: James Bouknight (offer), Tony Johnson (offer when he was a 2018 recruit), Xzavier Jones (offer), Anderson Mirambeaux (offer), Quinn Richey (offer), John Michael Wright (interest).

slufanskip likes this

On 4/4/2018 at 10:44 AM, Franchise_08 said:

Frank Cusumano said today that Collins is making a visit in the next few days and may commit then. Also, said SLU feels they are still sitting strong with Liddell.

I heard somewhere that there is a dead period from March 30- April 5th? Around there? I made it up completely? 

Anyway, guessing maybe Collins is visiting this weekend?

6 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I heard somewhere that there is a dead period from March 30- April 5th? Around there? I made it up completely? 

Dead period ended today at Noon.  I think Ford is in New Jersey speaking at coaches clinic tomorrow so would guess he'd visit Saturday or Sunday.  

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Today a new recruiting period begins and runs through the 18th, except for a brief dead period from April 9-12. So we should see a pickup in activity over the next two weeks.

April 19th through July 5th is a "quiet period", which has limitations on the amount and type of contact coaches can make. The exceptions are for weekend evaluation periods (which have AAU tournaments) on April 20-22, April 27-29, the NBA draft combine, and a dead period from May 17-25.

Then there's a dead period for the rest of July except for three weekend evaluation periods for more AAU tournaments.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017-18DIREC_MensBasketballRecruitingCalendar_20170619.pdf

7 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

i don't either, his shot looks like Polks.......

He may need to re work that jumper, but every time I've seen him play he's impressed me.  Has a little Mike McCall Jr. in him the way he glides into the lane. He plays hard and with a chip on his shoulder. If Ford got him to buy in defensively he could be a dangerous 2-way guard in college. Would love to see a commitment from him. 

3 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/04/ej-liddell-video-6/ 

Big boys are coming for Liddell. No mention of SLU. 

We have to at least make the tournament so he can feel comfortable coming to SLU.

If we finish 5th in the A10, there will be too much pressure to go the blue blood route.  Sort of like Tatum - looking back, I was delusional to even buy in for a second that he would want to play for Crews.