Recruiting - 2016

Keep working! Be the one to break the FBJT to SLU news

Haven't heard anything yet. Calls and emails out to a lot of people in the know. This is a private matter so I'm doubting we get anything that we can make public.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like this is lebron and Cleveland. Lebron wouldn't have let the rumors circulate for so long if he wasn't going back to Cleveland. No way he would do that to Cleveland.

No way Tatum is being so vocal only to rip our hearts out.

I was originally in the camp that believed keeping slu in it was just a courtesy and PR move, but the more I think about it, the more I believe that he wouldn't simply prolong something like this and be vocal about it if he wasn't genuinely interested. I still believe Duke has the slight edge, but it's pretty much a 50/50 decision at this point. He has one year of college ball, how is he going to use it... Two completely and inherently different options each with their own unique benefits.

I was originally in the camp that believed keeping slu in it was just a courtesy and PR move, but the more I think about it, the more I believe that he wouldn't simply prolong something like this and be vocal about it if he wasn't genuinely interested. I still believe Duke has the slight edge, but it's pretty much a 50/50 decision at this point. He has one year of college ball, how is he going to use it... Two completely and inherently different options each with their own unique benefits.

Agreed. Put me in the boat of initially thinking that we did not have much of a shot, but then as his stock continued to climb I came around to thinking that he really doesn't gain anything by going to an elite program in addition to the continual quotes from Tatum and those close to him talking up SLU and mentioning us as a legit player in his recruitment while understanding the impact staying home could have for the program and city (and that going to SLU does not harm his NBA stock). If this is a PR ploy that would kind of assume that he made a decision long ago and is merely talking up SLU to be nice. Maybe he is leaning one way, but at this point I think he knows he either wants to go to the most elite program playing for the best coach in the country or stay home and build a local legacy. Two very different experiences with different positives, so I would doubt that he has had this decision made. If a decision were made, I think he would make the announcement (and it sounds like that will come soon). I do agree that if he is keeping SLU around for PR he is a rather keen salesman at a young age.

Tatum is a Bills fan and has been his entire life. What an exciting and comforting senior year of high school if he picks SLU. He's instantly the King of STL and gets a standing ovation when he comes to Chaifetz. How cool would it be to come see the team play that he would join the next year and start building chemistry? It's just the opposite if he chooses Duke. He probably couldn't even come to a Bills game for fear of getting boo'd out of the place. That would sting when he would already be second guessing himself because he knows deep down that he loves this City and the Bills. Stay home, Jayson. You're a Billiken.

I like the way they phrased it. They double-dog dare Jayson to play his college ball at SLU. Going to Duke would be a safe pick; going to SLU would prove that he's ready to achieve greatness!

It wouldn't be headline news if he chose Duke. If it's SLU it's major news at least in college hoops circles. Could it also be that he might bring another biggie with him who might be enticed by making some earth shattering news? As Al Michaels said back in '80, Do you believe in miracles?

It wouldn't be headline news if he chose Duke. If it's SLU it's major news at least in college hoops circles. Could it also be that he might bring another biggie with him who might be enticed by making some earth shattering news? As Al Michaels said back in '80, Do you believe in miracles?

Yes!

Tatum is a Bills fan and has been his entire life. What an exciting and comforting senior year of high school if he picks SLU. He's instantly the King of STL and gets a standing ovation when he comes to Chaifetz. How cool would it be to come see the team play that he would join the next year and start building chemistry? It's just the opposite if he chooses Duke. He probably couldn't even come to a Bills game for fear of getting boo'd out of the place. That would sting when he would already be second guessing himself because he knows deep down that he loves this City and the Bills. Stay home, Jayson. You're a Billiken.

To even mention he would get boo'd at Chaifetz is purely LUDICROUS. At least keep it real & try to keep personal emotion out of it when talking SLU basketball. SLU fans would NEVER BOO this home town kid, NEVER. Jayson is a level headed kid and there won't be any second guessing once he decides. Coach K and Coach Crews are class guys and he will be in fine hands in either place. That being said, he would make all the players around him better and SLU would be a tough out come tourney time.