• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- HOF Coach paid $750K a year.

- Pays his assistants salary

- Pays out of pocket for team expenses

- Begs for contract extension, has not gotten one

- Charter flights? Nope.

- Takes the team to its first Tournament since 2000, with an awesome pipeline and asks for just a little bit of respect from the AD and Biondi --- gets it? Mmm dont think so.

- Has to FIGHT with the president of the University for every little thing

I dont know what you call it, but I would call that being run off.

He makes more than 750k.

Crews deal was a special case.

Rickma's contract is set up so he can extend himself (according to Tucci).

Which A10 teams get regular charter flights?

A lot of people are talking about the fact that Majerus isn't happy with the amenities (or lack thereof) that the athletic department is giving him. If he were to go to SMU and get all these great things (charter flights, the right buy games, proper funding for Assistant Coaches, etc) how long will he actually get to enjoy them? I think his ceiling is about 5 years, give or take. It will take him at least 3 to rebuild SMU's program to respectability...I would presume that for the few remaining coaching years he has left, all he wants to do is WIN. And SLU gives him the best chance to do just that...

SMU fan here.

Several media sources are reporing that you guys have nothing to worry about as RM is staying at SLU.

Good commentary on here, although some of the posters don't really know anything other than SMU is in Dallas (and not Ft. Worth as one poster thinks).

Overall, you guys were much more civil in your comments than the guys on the Marquette board when we were still trying to lure Buzz away from them. They had a pretty pi$$y attitude about the whole thing.

A lot of us would have been pretty excited about getting him down here, though. We haven't been to the Dance since '93. We'll have our arena updated in about 15 months thanks to a few generous booster donations, so the commitment is there as we head into the Beast. We have a few good recruits on board, along with a few freshmen who showed some flashes this year. So things are starting to head in the right direction (assuming that we hire a coach at some point, which some of us are starting to wonder about).

Either way, best of luck. Y'all seem to really like your coach, so you can rest easy it sounds like.

- Junior

SMU fan here.

Several media sources are reporing that you guys have nothing to worry about as RM is staying at SLU.

Good commentary on here, although some of the posters don't really know anything other than SMU is in Dallas (and not Ft. Worth as one poster thinks).

Overall, you guys were much more civil in your comments than the guys on the Marquette board when we were still trying to lure Buzz away from them. They had a pretty pi$$y attitude about the whole thing.

A lot of us would have been pretty excited about getting him down here, though. We haven't been to the Dance since '93. We'll have our arena updated in about 15 months thanks to a few generous booster donations, so the commitment is there as we head into the Beast. We have a few good recruits on board, along with a few freshmen who showed some flashes this year. So things are starting to head in the right direction (assuming that we hire a coach at some point, which some of us are starting to wonder about).

Either way, best of luck. Y'all seem to really like your coach, so you can rest easy it sounds like.

- Junior

Playing you guys could be a good home/home since we got one player from Dallas... but we probably should schedule the game down there for the upcoming season since he will be a senior.

SMU fan here.

- Junior

I'm in Vegas all week for a conference and can't stop checking this thread. I haven't won a dime, but this is the best potential news I've heard all week. Maybe my luck is changing. Down to the craps tables...

What media source is reporting this? I live in the Metroplex (though I'm currently out of the country).

SMU fan here.

- Junior