That thread is getting hot and I'm here to watch that fan base make a$$es out of themselves.  They don't have a clue about how the modern college basketball world operates.  It is a business.  Not a single one of them would turn down a job offer in their field that they want Schertz to turn down.  It is just complete ignorance on their part and I regret feeling bad for them during this whole process.

Bizziken, TRN and stmdragons like this

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, brianstl said:

That thread is getting hot and I'm here to watch that fan base make a$$es out of themselves.  They don't have a clue about the modern college basketball world operates.  It is a business.  Not a single one of them would turn down a job offer in their field that they want Schertz to turn down.  It is just complete ignorance on their part and I regret feeling bad for them during this whole process.

I would have advised Michael not to wade into those waters. 

laker119 likes this

17 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Michael Schertz firing back at a poster in that thread.  I'm already a fan of little brother.  

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I would have advised Michael not to wade into those waters. 

Plot twist…Michael Schertz is actually a Shane Ford burner account. 

If that’s actually Schertz’s brother, that is a wild move. Tremendous content no doubt, but a wild move nonetheless. You’ve gotta at least wait for him to publicly announce he’s leaving. 

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

I can’t knock the guy for his irrational post.

Future me will be saying the same type of crap if Schertz leaves SLU for a blue blood. 

Well steel yourself because if he does well here he will be a target and probably leave.

39 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Someone using Schertz's brother's name posted this to the Sycamore's board.

https://sycamorepride.com/threads/lebro-hcjs-the-decision-saint-louis-or-run-it-back.45870/page-63#post-378951

Yeah and they’re really showing their true colors over there, whether that’s actually his brother or not. 

I get it, it sucks for their program. But they went through about three grief cycles and regressed to the denial stage every time, despite overwhelming evidence that he was coming here. 

2 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Let's wait until Schertz makes his announcement first. After he confirms he is coming to SLU there will be ample time to celebrate.

Can’t bring us down OG, it’s a Friday and it’s a great day to be a Billiken Fan!  Pitbull!

laker119 likes this

33 minutes ago, brianstl said:

That thread is getting hot and I'm here to watch that fan base make a$$es out of themselves.  They don't have a clue about how the modern college basketball world operates.  It is a business.  Not a single one of them would turn down a job offer in their field that they want Schertz to turn down.  It is just complete ignorance on their part and I regret feeling bad for them during this whole process.

Schertz would be crazy to turn down the opportunity to coach at the same University as Rebecca Tillett.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

SycamorePride keep on taking shots at Josh and his family.  I want all of his players to see you for who you really are.

let-the-hate-flow-gif.127354

Here's the thing, even if Schertz did get all these donors riled up to donate and try to meet his "demands", he's motivated boosters to make a financial commitment they weren't previously ready to commit to and thus put the basketball program there in a position to spend on a new coach and or the NIL market. 

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Here's the thing, even if Schertz did get all these donors riled up to donate and try to meet his "demands", he's motivated boosters to make a financial commitment they weren't previously ready to commit to and thus put the basketball program there in a position to spend on a new coach and or the NIL market. 

Without a doubt.  People actually care about the program now.  He has left the program in a much stronger position.