GDT: SLU v. Loyola Chicago

4 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I didn’t listen for a second but I can still summarize:

We will be a different team when Sincere comes back.

Refs didn’t help us, we can’t play 8 on 5. 

I can’t make free throws for the guys, they’d shoot it at 80% in practice. 

Any negative fans are the reason this program sucks. 

He actually didn’t do to any of those. He channeled Mike Martz: “That’s on me. I need to fix that. We’ll fix that.”

He also said the terrible start was too much to overcome. Rammer didn’t ask, then what happened when they managed to tie Loyola?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

He actually didn’t do to any of those. He channeled Mike Martz: “That’s on me. I need to fix that. We’ll fix that.”

He also said the terrible start was too much to overcome. Rammer didn’t ask, then what happened when they managed to tie Loyola?

He said guys are terribly out of shape too, which is funny cause they’ve had 2 whole weeks to try and condition guys if it was that big a deal.  Such a joke

8 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

Cause rammer is a ford guy 

11 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

There's no more weekly coach's show right?

I know Majerus didn't want to do it but he's like a Hall of Fame coach and could big time in a way that Ford can't.  How are we paying $2.5mil/yr and that doesn't include a weekly coach show? Almost every coach in the country has one.

This guy avoids so much scrutiny.

Just #Blessed I guess

Not sure if there will be one this year, but the coaches show typically started in the second half of the season. 

18 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I didn’t listen for a second but I can still summarize:

We will be a different team when Sincere comes back.

Refs didn’t help us, we can’t play 8 on 5. 

I can’t make free throws for the guys, they’d shoot it at 80% in practice. 

Any negative fans are the reason this program sucks. 

I mean I'll give it to him he does take the blame. But he says he's going to fix it and I don't think even he believes that. 

11 minutes ago, laker119 said:

He said guys are terribly out of shape too, which is funny cause they’ve had 2 whole weeks to try and condition guys if it was that big a deal.  Such a joke

I thought maybe EZ looked like he enjoyed too many Christmas cookies. I know I did.

23 minutes ago, laker119 said:

If I train for a marathon and then two weeks out from the race I get the flu for a week and don't get out of bed I will still be in marathon shape on race day. How are none of these guys in shape and why does everyone have some sort of injury? Is Travis Ford Munchausen-by-proxy or does our strength and conditioning coach have no idea what they are doing?

laker119 likes this

16 minutes ago, willie said:

What’s he supposed to be????

Level headed. Slu fan. St. Louis guy. Anti team blue, idk. But not asking what the above post was proves what I need 

I just want to see some kind of offensive scheme to get guys open. And on D see shooters challenged on 3’s and on drives to the hole. It’s not on the players, although we may not have top 50 talent, but it’s on how they are used. There is no discipline on either side of tha ball. We play helter skelter. While everyone else is playing Chess. He’s a recruiter but not a teacher/coach. 

TRN likes this

9 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

I thought maybe EZ looked like he enjoyed too many Christmas cookies. I know I did.

I didn’t, cause as a fan I had to be game day ready 2 weeks later 

22 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I mean I'll give it to him he does take the blame. But he says he's going to fix it and I don't think even he believes that. 

He takes the blame because he’s willing to try anything to save his job at this point. When have we ever seen have any sort of meaningful self reflection before this?

45 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I know Majerus didn't want to do it but he's like a Hall of Fame coach and could big time in a way that Ford can't.  How are we paying $2.5mil/yr and that doesn't include a weekly coach show? Almost every coach in the country has one.

Just #Blessed I guess

Starts next Monday nite from Humphrey’s, I believe. On KMOX

C'mon guys.  Tell me you are surprised at this.  Even if Brad Ezewiro was the second coming, we don't have the talent to compete.  And who recruited that talent?  Okay, Parker is hurt.  I don't expect the Sincere Parker of Myrtle Beach to come waltzing out into play his first time back.  Highmark said he is "a few weeks away."  A couple is two, a few is more.  Maybe three?  That puts us with him end of January.  That could mean 0 and 8 in conference by then.

Our inside game is Ezewiro and pray.  Dalger is out of control.  Zhang is still a project.  How many rebounds did he grab, and lose tonight.  van Bussel is a no show.  

Our point guard play is suspect, small and not an offensive option on either account.  Jimerson can't break free and every team in the conference will throw multiple defenders at him, clutching and grabbing all the way.  Hughes got out of my doghouse making three triples but two were veritable prayers.  Plus his defensive miscues shown brightly.  Thames is decent but a role player.  I think after four years of being dogged, Hargerove has essentially said "fuok it" and is doing it his way.

When you add all the ingredients up, you still throw them in the CTF unexplainable offense.  Weave.  A few back cuts.  High post entry passes.  And the defense.  What defense?  Maybe it's mano-a-mano and never switch because the switching ain't working.  A second big man (Mwanba, Adelekun and Welch and Austin present a parade of matchups that TJ can't handle down low.  Loyola's four guards ate our two up.  Hughes is not a ballhandler.  Our free throw shooting was at Hasahn French levels, sub .500.  

On the January 2, 2024 power rankings on A10 Talk, they listed us at #13, ahead of Rhode Island and Fordham.  Both won their openers tonight with the Rames over Geedubya and Rhode over St. Joes.  Des Watson was so-so at Davidson, we made him a star tonight.

Right now, Alexa Datt is terrible.

57 minutes ago, laker119 said:

If I had a dollar for every time Ford says “that’s on me” during a post game presser with Rammer and Earl, I’d have a lot of dollars.  Maybe that says something, but what would I know 

I'm glad he's at least acknowledging his failure. I give credit for that.

It's a lot more credible than blaming "negative fans with nothing better to do" 

1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

In a five-minute overtime in Foggy Bottom, Fordham scored 34 points!

You might want to take a closer look at that box score. It was three overtimes.

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Just #Blessed I guess

Majerus did it. How can we forget Gary.

The problem with CTF doing it, who would bother tuning in.

1 minute ago, MusicCityBilliken said:

I kinda remember a "Gary" would call almost every show but I have forgotten the details. What was the story...strange questions?

4 minutes ago, MusicCityBilliken said:

I know Majerus did it but he often cancelled. At least that's my recollection.

I didn't realize it was a 2nd half thing.

Will he get any tough questions?

8 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

I kinda remember a "Gary" would call almost every show but I have forgotten the details. What was the story...strange questions?

This is going back but Gary would call in at every show. Both of them would go at it on strategy.

Recall one conversation, Majerus offered courtside tickets to an upcoming game to Gary and Gary refused. It was funny how Majerus responded. 

Recalled another show when Majerus and Rammer went at. That was kind of ugly.

Dr Bird likes this