GDT: SLU v. NC State

SluSignGuy

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

On the surface a 12 point loss on the road to an ACC team isn't bad. But when you watch it, it's bad. The second half collapse is so predictable.

Nc state is bad 

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

On the surface a 12 point loss on the road to an ACC team isn't bad. But when you watch it, it's bad. The second half collapse is so predictable.

Agreed, frustrating. Like this team though. With a healthy Parker, Thames and Hughes, this team can take anyone in the conference.

DirtyRican likes this

10 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Agreed, frustrating. Like this team though. With a healthy Parker, Thames and Hughes, this team can take anyone in the conference.

This … is a joke right ?  Fully healthy we’re maybe close to mid conf 6-9 spot 

3 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

Brad's 2 games have been excellent.  He was the bright spot tonight.   The halftime adjustments are clearly not in our favor.

we wasted nearly 10 seconds in backcourt every possession.  Please show some urgency getting up the court

Insert quote about wanting to play fast but just not having the personnel

Tonka likes this

7 minutes ago, dlarry said:

There was only one “bad” team on the court tonight and it wasn’t NC State.

They might not be elite. They might not be a tournament team but they aren’t bad. 
The Bills however? They are a bad team.

Nc st is bad 

1 hour ago, Dr Bird said:

Brad's 2 games have been excellent.  He was the bright spot tonight.   The halftime adjustments are clearly not in our favor.

we wasted nearly 10 seconds in backcourt every possession.  Please show some urgency getting up the court

We continued our tradition of refusing to set a screen in the backcourt when our PG was being pressured. 

Just got done watching on replay.  Awful 2nd half.  I literally said out loud that ford should probably be in the locker room focusing on guarding the 3 instead of arguing with the refs because I doubt they miss all those wide open 3s in the 2nd half…

did we scout this team?  Because their strength was guard depth and on the ball defense and that’s exactly what crushed us.

also, our defense is so bad.  They look lost half the time.  I just don’t get it.

Hallelujah!  Holy sh#*!  Where’s the Tylenol!?

3 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

Just got done watching on replay.  Awful 2nd half.  I literally said out loud that ford should probably be in the locker room focusing on guarding the 3 instead of arguing with the refs because I doubt they miss all those wide open 3s in the 2nd half…

did we scout this team?  Because their strength was guard depth and on the ball defense and that’s exactly what crushed us.

also, our defense is so bad.  They look lost half the time.  I just don’t get it.

Hallelujah!  Holy sh#*!  Where’s the Tylenol!?

Drink scotch, bourbon, vodka et al. Pills aren’t gonna do it this year. 

9 hours ago, thunderdan said:

Up by 3 at the half. Down by 20, late in the 2nd. Classic Ford game progression.

Even in many of our wins we are outscored in the second half.  One of the bigger indictments on Ford’s coaching for sure. Heck, we only outscored Lincoln by 4 in the second half.  Good coaches make halftime adjustments, our coach does… well, does anyone know what our coach does?

Our problem seems to stem from that noted inability to adjust ..... anot not so much defensively.  We get shut down offensively in the second half.  Stop me if you've heard this before ...... get out to (large) halftime lead and see it all evaporate almost immediately in the second half.  Many nights, it a double-digit lead; last night it was only three points.  The opposition seems to be able to immediately decipher our strengths at half time and then adjust right away.  Since we have no scorer who can create his own shot and score, we miss a few, they make a few, we start to press and panic, and boom, we are on the short end.  Ford's entire offensive scheme seems predicated on that gawd-awful weave.  Last night, NCState's guards were so physical that they manhandled Medley, Meadows and Hughes all over the back court and then the frontcourt.  We were trying to start our pitiful offense at the halfcourt line!  Zhang had a few high post posts well outside the three point arc.  NCState knew if you shut out Jimerson, we are in deep trouble.  

Not once did we set picks or screens to help the inbound ball receiver.  Not once did we run at Burns and force him to pass the ball out (well, maybe once and they got a three out of it).  Ford (and his teams) do what they do and that is it.  We don't have anyone we can rely to get us a score when we need it.  

I think NCState will be a bottom feeder int he ACC when all is said and done.  As Mrs. Taj said, that game was painful to watch.  

10 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

What is wrong with this program and guys not being able to stay healthy?  I don’t remember guys ever missing games under Majerus/Crews. I’m sure it happened, but not to this extent for sure.  Already we’ve had Parker, Meadows, Hughes, Thames either missing time or seriously limited.  Is it a strength and conditioning problem? Do we have more diagnostic capability?  Or are players less willing to play through small injuries?   18-23 year olds should not be getting injured this often.