Official Jim Crews Apology Thread

slufan13

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We paid Crews what $400k or $500k?  We're paying so much more for the same results now.  6x to lose.  The person funding that check can't be happy.

4 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

We paid Crews what $400k or $500k?  We're paying so much more for the same results now.  6x to lose.  The person funding that check can't be happy.

Crews was paid a ghastly 890k-950k per year.  I thought paying that man a million a year was horrible at the time, but hey we paid for an old Hoosiers retirement.

Ford somehow has a worse contract.

18 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

We've paid Ford so so much to achieve next to nothing.

And literally no one else was going to pay him even half of that when he was hired. Amazingly bad at the time and still looks bad a decade later. 

Just now, cheeseman said:

Which why some of us are not crazy about May picking the next coach whenever that happens.

Exactly my point.  Even if you think he's done well in selecting other coaches his finances in this Ford contract are straight up negligence.  I'll post soon the list of A10 coaches and their salaries.

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

Trying to pick the worst coaches in SLU history is like trying to pick worst serial killer in history.  Plenty to choose from

If you look at the old record book, Squint Hunter was the head coach of the Billikens in the 1926-1927 season, when they went 0-14. They got a new coach after that season.