Official Jim Crews Apology Thread

slufan13

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Adman said:

She was in our SLU class, Roy. Do you remember her?

like i said, i am very good friends with her brother i know the family.  

12 hours ago, Soderball said:

Ford is bad too, Roy. I'd rate him with Soderberg at this point. Mediocrity piling up and now an atrocious season. Time to move on.

the only thing i ever said to defend ford, was prior to NiL i felt he was the best recruiter the billikens ever had.   from the day he was hired i said he was a terrible floor and practice coach and didnt develop players, but with his recruiting skills he would always give us a good roster to have a chance.  go back to his hiring date forward, you will see i have always said that.  there have been plenty of bad coaches that have succeeded simply because they could put great rosters at every game.   the best examples are probably boeheim and calipari they both won national titles.

then this NiL came along and changed the recruiting world.  imo it made him completely worthless and considering this current roster, i totally agree he now has to go.   the dumb azz could have went out and hired a couple of premium x's and o's assistant coaches, instead he brought in rickma's top foreign player recruiting coach and top recruiting coach from duquesne.   while i have no doubt they can sell ice cubes to eskimoes.   it still doesnt solve the problem that every recruit whether a high school kid or a college player looking to transfer now asks "how much NiL money can i get."  i.e we will continue to waste valuable time recruiting players that basically know they can get the money elsewhere.the problem is to get rid of him AND hire a credible replacement might be too much for now and unless the boosters or the use of the unrestricted endowment money can step forward, we cant do both.   

i dont think we want to fire ford and the staff and then hire me or taj to be the coach.  the money has to be there.   i have never seen our BoT think outside the box and offer to build the Athletic dept with this fantastic endowment money that the school has and pretty much never uses.  i guess the bragging rights that come with that is too important.   doesnt matter that every school that has used outside the box thinking like that, has prospered and not only accomplished leaps and bounds in their athletic department, they have also exploded their applications and taken the school itself to new levels.  

do the math.  just for discussion, let's say that it is determined that we need to use immediately $100,000,000 to fire any and all the weak slu coaches and staff and replace all with the best for all of available plus build up the remaining needed athletic facitiies to give us an entire athletics staff that competes with coaches and facilities across america.   

now divide that by the balance of the unrestricted funds in the endowment fund.   what's that percentage?   not overwhelming is it?   quit depending on 3 0r 4 of the big whales to build our basketball team.   look at the big picture and to to the real pile of money immediately to put us at the top.   imo it would pay off hugely.  

besides the market crash is coming.  we might as well spend some of the money before it disappears before we can even use it.

Soderball and TheA_Bomb like this

8 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Sodey was West Pine Gym era, with his additional experience at Virginia I’d take him over Ford.

i agree IF we have the bank.   in fact a floor coach is exactly the path i would take now.   for big time. get the players but have someone that knows what to do with them.   the problem is there arent a lot of rickma's around anymore because the last 40 years has been about recruiting now it's about the money if we want to win the national championship.   if we dont want to play in the free agent market we might as well be D2 or D3

VeniceMenace likes this