Join A Grassroots Movement for Change of AD and MBB Coach

TheA_Bomb

19 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Can't  blame him Norman is hurr-eh-bull. But the Land Thieves can pay for a coach and have some history.  If he falters down the conference season he could jump. Steady yourself, this source says he's paid $2.8mil/year.  I would think DePaul could match that (maybe).  If he wants to go back to Chicago and if he feels some heat/is unhappy in Norman (what sane person wouldn't be). Could be a fit. 

I didn't realize he played at Creighton.

https://stormininnorman.com/2023/02/17/oklahoma-basketball-porter-mosers-status-after-this-season-may-be-his-choice/

What I heard is one of the reasons is the belief is that Castiglione is retiring and he doesn’t what to head into the SEC with an AD that didn’t hire him.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, thetorch said:

Porter is leaving Oklahoma.  He hates it there.

A prominent SLU booster has reached out to Porter.  He is in the top3 for DePaul too, but still who takes the DePaul job over the SLU job.

I think he is actually DePaul’s top choice.  

People in and around SLU definitely know what’s up and it is why the limited language from some has changed dramatically over the past couple of weeks.  Moser is a guy that could get all of the biggest donors on the same page.

TheChosenOne likes this

12 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Porter is leaving Oklahoma.  He hates it there.

A prominent SLU booster has reached out to Porter.  He is in the top3 for DePaul too, but still who takes the DePaul job over the SLU job.

Someone that would rather be in the Big East over A10, and from Chicago.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

I think he is actually DePaul’s top choice.  

People in and around SLU definitely know what’s up and it is why the limited language from some has changed dramatically over the past couple of weeks.  Moser is a guy that could get all of the biggest donors on the same page.

I would argue that SLU has at least one very important advantage over DePaul as it relates to Moser. He knows you can win here. He was part of the staff under RM that built a top 10 team. It has been done at SLU in recent history (how far we have fallen). DePaul hasn't been relevant since when, the 1980's?

Although, DePaul is the answer to an important trivia question...who was SLU's first win in the Great Midwest.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

What I heard is one of the reasons is the belief is that Castiglione is retiring and he doesn’t what to head into the SEC with an AD that didn’t hire him.

Perhaps but it's going to be easier in SEC  basketball in the B12 near term. 

Although at DePaul they can probably pay $2.8mil plus less expectations

It's imperative that we fix this mess now. Things change fast with conferences realigning. The next good conference opportunity may be our last and we can't be a bad team and think anything good will happen. Today's game allows for fast recovery with the right coach, vision and some NIL money. We have everything else.

TheChosenOne and stmdragons like this

49 minutes ago, brianstl said:

That makes sense. Every AD wants “their guy.”  Get out before that happens to you.

cheeseman likes this

Interesting thought experiment, take Ford's $2.5 million annually and spend it on an NIL strategy annually:

Three 4-star recruits @ $500,000 per = $1.5 million

Three 3-star recruits @ $200,000 per = $600,000

A few $30,000 - $50,000 guys to fill in.

Coach = $500,000 - $800,00 (Darian DeVries type)

What is more important now, coaches who can recruit or NIL?

8 minutes ago, SLU-Geo said:

Interesting thought experiment, take Ford's $2.5 million annually and spend it on an NIL strategy annually:

NIL, not even close.

Salesman crap doesn't work like it used to, to CTFs endless frustration. I'd rather have a Frank Martin and NIL money.

SLU-Geo likes this

6 hours ago, SLU-Geo said:

I’ll take 25k a year, use the rest on NIL, and take all suggestions from MBM on what to do in game by reading the GD threads on the sideline  

4 hours ago, SLU-Geo said:

Are you sure that these amounts are right - I think you can get some pretty good players for less.

4 hours ago, wgstl said:

I’ll take 25k a year, use the rest of NIL, and take all suggestions from MBM on what to do in game by reading the GD threads on the sideline  

With 2 million in NIL funds you will do a better job of recruiting than CTF and friends have. The team will be better. None of the MBM's here could assemble this crap roster.

The roster we have sucks.

11 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

It is weird that the team has been this dysfunctional since Dalger left the team. If he was a team cancer, then things should look better. Instead, they look apathetic. Parker looks scared or confused.

Parker had ‘pouty face’ whenever he wasn’t in the game. 

23 hours ago, SLU-Geo said:

What is so infuriating is that the writing was on the wall about this potential reality before Ford’s last contract. If it really was done as an evergreen with a large buyout remaining, then it should have been done with knowledge that we could be in this exact situation.

52 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

What is so infuriating is that the writing was on the wall about this potential reality before Ford’s last contract. If it really was done as an evergreen with a large buyout remaining, then it should have been done with knowledge that we could be in this exact situation.

When was his last contract? I have no idea about automatic renewals but I believe his contract was renrewed the year before Perkins got hurt. At that time we were afraid we were going to lose him to a Power 5 team. I also don't know the length of that contract. 

1 minute ago, willie said:

When was his last contract? I have no idea about automatic renewals but I believe his contract was renrewed the year before Perkins got hurt. At that time we were afraid we were going to lose him to a Power 5 team. I also don't know the length of that contract. 

It has been reported here that it is a 5 year auto renewal each year unless either party disagrees.  The question now is did SLU/May ever disagree?

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

It has been reported here that it is a 5 year auto renewal each year unless either party disagrees.  The question now is did SLU/May ever disagree?

I do not have knowledge of his contract terms but I question the 5 year renewal as that is only what someone said a lot of contracts are. My point is that none of us know. 

36 minutes ago, willie said:

I do not have knowledge of his contract terms but I question the 5 year renewal as that is only what someone said a lot of contracts are. My point is that none of us know. 

You raise a good point, none of us know because we don’t know what’s in the contract, nor are we in a position to know since SLU is a private university and does not make public what they don’t have to. The only reason we know how much Travis Ford is being paid is because the university must disclose the salary of the highest paid person to the IRS every year, and say who that person is, and it has been Travis Ford in the public filings with a salary averaging $2.5 million per year.  However, the issue with the burner Twitter account has revealed one interesting fact, apparently his buyout is $10 million. This was a boast make by the one not Travis’s son. However, I submit, if this was a close personal friend or family member, that that person would be in a position to know since Travis Ford certainly knows what his contract calls for, and is free to tell his family and friends. So that tweet about it being $10 million, while it may not be accurate, seems to be coming from a source that could know, and has a much greater possibility of being correct than anyone else who has posted since it comes from a more credible source. 

9 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

However, the issue with the burner Twitter account has revealed one interesting fact, apparently his buyout is $10 million. This was a boast make by the one not Travis’s son. 

We don't know if it's his son or not. Both accounts started on the same day and were active in close succession with the other. 1 account was acknowledged to be the son not the most over the top account on the coach's show.

But we don't know who it was. We do know that they both started same time one right after the other defending Ford. Then they both stopped.

Kinda suspicious 

That other burner is back in a different handle today. As if Twitter couldn't get any more entertaining today after the Jeff Goodman/Rob Dauster nonsense.