c.may on 590 the fan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few more pieces of information:

Talked about Meadows and the experience and maturity he brings at 24 yrs old.  He will help get everyone shots.  Larry will play the 1 and 2 complimenting Mike.  

No word on the waiver for Ezewiro.  It will be awhile before they know.  NCAA is still working on football transfer waivers.  "There is work to be done."  He has been dropping weight.  Very explosive off the floor and strong.

"Stef will be interesting to watch once he is 100% healthy"  (Answers someone's question about van Bussel's health.)

Yhang at 7'1" had one request, a longer bed.  He got it.

Yuri, he thinks, should sign with the Warriors G League in the next 10 days.  He does have one or two other options.

Basketball schedule all but finished.  One game coaches are hoping to finish up this week.  Bally Sports MW will carry games as before. 

15 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

A few more pieces of information:

Talked about Meadows and the experience and maturity he brings at 24 yrs old.  He will help get everyone shots.  Larry will play the 1 and 2 complimenting Mike.  

No word on the waiver for Ezewiro.  It will be awhile before they know.  NCAA is still working on football transfer waivers.  "There is work to be done."  He has been dropping weight.  Very explosive off the floor and strong.

"Stef will be interesting to watch once he is 100% healthy"  (Answers someone's question about van Bussel's health.)

Yhang at 7'1" had one request, a longer bed.  He got it.

Yuri, he thinks, should sign with the Warriors G League in the next 10 days.  He does have one or two other options.

Basketball schedule all but finished.  One game coaches are hoping to finish up this week.  Bally Sports MW will carry games as before. 

Thanks for the recap. Bally's MW carrying games as before means home games. When you attend most of the home games that is pretty worthless. What I care about is road games, I guess most of the road games will be on ESPN+ again.

billiken_roy likes this

3 hours ago, pakapablo said:

Thanks for the recap. Bally's MW carrying games as before means home games. When you attend most of the home games that is pretty worthless. What I care about is road games, I guess most of the road games will be on ESPN+ again.

I tape those home games and watch them the next day. Sometimes you can pick things up you missed at the game. 

3 hours ago, pakapablo said:

Every A10 road game will be on ESPN+. Every non-conference game should be streaming or airing somewhere. I would set the O/U on games you might have to break out the credit card for at .5. I'm 95% confident in the Under.

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Every A10 road game will be on ESPN+. Every non-conference game should be streaming or airing somewhere. I would set the O/U on games you might have to break out the credit card for at .5. I'm 95% confident in the Under.

Ya up to this point (2 left) im all but certain it’ll be picked up. With the amount of regional games I’d think Bally would try to get as many as possible(?)

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Ya up to this point (2 left) im all but certain it’ll be picked up. With the amount of regional games I’d think Bally would try to get as many as possible(?)

Don’t forget Bally is still in bankruptcy technically. How many games they cam afford to get may be the issue.

Do we think Scott Warman will call the games on Ballys again this year alongside Highmark?  Obviously former Cardinals broadcaster Dan McLaughlin was calling Billiken games before his most recent DUI issues.  That makes me wonder if Ballys can dictate that current Cardinals broadcaster Chip Caray call Billiken games.  Caray did call Orlando Magic games from 1989-1998, so he has basketball experience in his past.

10 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Do we think Scott Warman will call the games on Ballys again this year alongside Highmark?  Obviously former Cardinals broadcaster Dan McLaughlin was calling Billiken games before his most recent DUI issues.  That makes me wonder if Ballys can dictate that current Cardinals broadcaster Chip Caray call Billiken games.  Caray did call Orlando Magic games from 1989-1998, so he has basketball experience in his past.

They really should call up Colin Suhre to the show. 

RUBillsFan and OkieBilliken like this

6 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Danny Mac won't be calling the games. I'm sure of it. I would like to see him make his way back to broadcasting in like 2-5 years, but there's no reason/way SLU should or will bring him back. 

He's too ubiquitous not to come back in that frame. He NEEDS to come back in some form eventually. He's made his peace with what he's done, he's not an abject criminal, he has demons that he's faced/is facing. A return for him in a few years would be the feel good story of the decade.

willie likes this

21 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

He's too ubiquitous not to come back in that frame. He NEEDS to come back in some form eventually. He's made his peace with what he's done, he's not an abject criminal, he has demons that he's faced/is facing. A return for him in a few years would be the feel good story of the decade.

I have no idea if you know anything about the way AA works. It goes like this: Once an alcoholic always an alcoholic, the desire for alcohol is always present. This is true for drug addicts as well. The only way to get back to a normal life is absolute sobriety with not even a drop of alcohol taken. If they have one drink the dam breaks and the there is no stopping to the drinking. If Danny can ever get a 5 year AA sobriety medal, then he might be ready for a job like he had before. It is not demons he is fighting, it is his own brain neurosecretions that drive the desire.