Welcome Djordje Curcic

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this ought to be interesting. Seems to me we are copying the recruiting blueprint established by both Gonzaga and St Mary's. With Jimerson Parker and this guy it looks like bombs away from the exterior. Still think we need a secondary point guard to complement Medley. Do we have the pieces necessary? Frankly I don't know and it will all depend on Ford's game planning and court schemes.

1 hour ago, stmdragons said:

Curious to see what Ford will prioritize with the remaining scholarship. 

On Thursday, Coach told Frank C.  We will pick up one big, and then on the second scholarship, we will take what is best out there, if we use it.

You can read the full transcript on the Coach on 590 thread.

stmdragons likes this

38 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

Is he 6’3” or 6’5”?

There are two different Serbian Youth National Team players named Djordje Curcic.  One born in 2004 and the other 2005.  We signed the one born in 2005 and he is 6’3”.  The one born in 2004 is 6’5.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

There are two different Serbian Youth National Team players named Djordje Curcic.  One born in 2004 and the other 2005.  We signed the one born in 2005 and he is 6’3”.  The one born in 2004 is 6’5.

Now I think think I got it wrong and the 2005 one we signed is 6’5”.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Đorđe_Ćurčić_(basketball,_born_2005)

If it is the one born in 2005, he won’t get on campus until August.  I am assuming since he has been Serbia’s U18 leading scorer in the lead up to FIBA U18 European Championship, he will be on that roster.  They will be one of the favorites and that runs through July 30th.

If this is the kid (and I think it is), this is huge signing.  This is like signing a top 50 US high school kid, maybe even better.

Anyone else know an actual person named John Doe? I know one who’s 93 years old. He was raised in an area so far back in the woods that they had to pipe in the sunshine and he said his parents had no idea of the use of “John Doe” as a name for an unidentified corpse.

thatskablamo likes this

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

If it is the one born in 2005, he won’t get on campus until August.  I am assuming since he has been Serbia’s U18 leading scorer in the lead up to FIBA U18 European Championship, he will be on that roster.  They will be one of the favorites and that runs through July 30th.

If this is the kid (and I think it is), this is huge signing.  This is like signing a top 50 US high school kid, maybe even better.

I think we got the 6’3” kid born in 2004 

27 minutes ago, Band Legend said:

Actually a pretty easy name- I would imagine George Kerchik would do for a pronunciation.   Let's hope he plays like Drazen Petrovic.

Guy Phillips will have a field day with that one.