Transfers - 2023

ACE

@RUBillsFan:  well, perception is in the eye of the beholder.  No argument is worthwhile, no skin in the game.  Let me ask this ... how many at-large bids has the WCC garbered in that 2018 timeframe?  I really don't know but that might tell a little better how the two leagues stacked up.  USF's 2022 bid negates out 2019 bid.  Of course, if you throw out Gonzaga and St. Mary's, no one other than San Diego has won that league since 1996.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 2 players at each position still available in the portal...To get on my list you need to have good scouting reports, be able to shoot well, be truly available (some that are available are not taking any new suitors at this point) and finally not coming off any serious "situations".

Center

Jordan Brown.....6'11....Louisiana

Alexis Yetna.......6'8......Seton Hall

PG

CJ Fulton..........6'2.......Lafayette

Ronald Politte...6'2......Geo Mason

SG

Kruz Perrott-Hunt...6-3...S. Dak

Anthony Roy.....6-5.....N Mex St

CG

A J Plitzuwelt....6-2......S Dak

Kinyon Hodges...6-2...EIU

PF

Jay Pal...............6-9...Campbell

Alimamy Koroma...6-8....Cal Poly

SF

Nigel Burris...........6-6....Idaho

Sincere Malone.....6-8...EIU

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Top 2 players at each position still available in the portal...To get on my list you need to have good scouting reports, be able to shoot well, be truly available (some that are available are not taking any new suitors at this point) and finally not coming off any serious "situations".

Center

PG

CJ Fulton..........6'2.......Lafayette

SG

CG

Kinyon Hodges...6-2...EIU

PF

Jay Pal...............6-9...Campbell

Alimamy Koroma...6-8....Cal Poly

SF

Nigel Burris...........6-6....Idaho

Jay Pal committed to San Diego State back in May https://twitter.com/jaypal_22/status/1659248307112116239?s=46

10 hours ago, johnbj14 said:

Jay Pal committed to San Diego State back in May https://twitter.com/jaypal_22/status/1659248307112116239?s=46

You are correct ...I didn't update the database....with that in mind , here is the updated list of top 2 players by position as of today.

Center

PG

Jalen Carey......6'3.......RI

SG

CG

Billy Smith.........6-7......Mia-OH

PF

Deejuan Pruitt...6-8....SIU-e

Carlos Curry......6-11...Ga Southern

SF

Myron Gardner.....6-6....Ark-LR

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

You are correct ...I didn't update the database....with that in mind , here is the updated list of top 2 players by position as of today.

Center

PG

Jalen Carey......6'3.......RI

SG

CG

Billy Smith.........6-7......Mia-OH

PF

Deejuan Pruitt...6-8....SIU-e

Carlos Curry......6-11...Ga Southern

SF

Myron Gardner.....6-6....Ark-LR

Well that's interesting, I guess ..... but only if some of these guys are looking at SLU.

A quick Google search for DeeJuan Pryor takes you to a punching incident from OVC tourney.. Not sayin' , just sayin

19 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

A quick Google search for DeeJuan Pryor takes you to a punching incident from OVC tourney.. Not sayin' , just sayin

I guess the key word in my post was "serious" situations.  The fight during the game that Pruitt was involved in led to a 1 game suspension. While certainly not something which should be condoned,  it didn't rise to the level of some players I didn't put on the list (for rape , robbery and burglary)  Btw, Pruitt's 21 points and 9 rebs was one of the reasons the Bills lost by 2 to SIU-e.

2 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Well that's interesting, I guess ..... but only if some of these guys are looking at SLU.

The point of the post is ...these are the types of  players that SLU should be looking at.  In the case of Dandridge , he was rated 3rd best of the remaining PF.  He was slightly downgraded due to injury plagued season otherwise he would be #1 on the remaining PFs list.  This shows that SLU is looking in the right places.

1 hour ago, SLU_Nick said:

So its Thursday and still no blue smoke about Dandridge.  

Does he have other visits lined up at this point? 

Holding out to see whether “better” offers come in? It is getting a bit late in the game though, so it is hard for me to imagine many teams being in a position where they suddenly decide to jump in.

22 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Holding out to see whether “better” offers come in? It is getting a bit late in the game though, so it is hard for me to imagine many teams being in a position where they suddenly decide to jump in.

At some point, he has to realize he’s reached the end of this process and needs to lock down a school before the schools fill up their roster spots and he’s sitting out the year. Not sure exactly what that point is, but I’m pretty sure it happens sometime.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

I think it was between only SLU and Memphis for Dandridge.  It looks like Memphis is his choice.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/bigdawgmalco23/3125907812945411320/?hl=en

57 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think it was between only SLU and Memphis for Dandridge.  It looks like Memphis is his choice.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/bigdawgmalco23/3125907812945411320/?hl=en

Last I checked he would be their starting center.  I don't see why he would leave. 

On 6/7/2023 at 1:26 PM, TheOne said:

A combination of Malcolm Dandridge and Jalen Rucker would lighten the mood around here.

This scenario would have lightened the mood.

Even just one.

Both were a pipe dream.

Neither are happening.

3 hours ago, Compton said:

A common thetorch whiff?

So are we just waiting on Dadnridge and Rucker?  They've verbally committed right?  The coaching staff is just waiting for the right moment to announce.

We had no shot at either, for entirely different reasons IYKYK

Yeah, a week ago I was excited about the rumored additions to finalize the roster, but at this point I have no idea what to expect. Being Friday, it does seem unlikely we got commitments from anyone who visited last weekend. It’s getting late, need to start closing on some guys.

brianstl likes this