GDT: Loyola-Chicago: What do you call a loud person from Chicago?

SluSignGuy

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Lando Griffin said:

That SIUE game seems so long ago now…

So sad that the A-10 is so weak this year, SLU really needed a strong conference this year. 

We still have the 13th strongest non-con to lean on if we demolish the A10, I guess?

5 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Avery Johnson is so nice.  I liked him as Mavericks coach but he didn't really win. 

The Mavericks team he played on for one season was a great one. Best record in the league and stacked with players. Avery didn't play many minutes because Steve Nash doesn't get tired. They could've won it all but Nelly had trouble against Pop.

6 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Avery Johnson is so nice.  I liked him as Mavericks coach but he didn't really win. 

He was awesome on the broadcast.  So cool to see him break down Yuri’s game. Very humble, said Yuri is a better player than he was. He also repeatedly mentioned that Yuri was not at 100%, as if to say “you all aren’t seeing the real Yuri tonight.”  Seems like a classy guy. 

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

He was awesome on the broadcast.  So cool to see him break down Yuri’s game. Very humble, said Yuri is a better player than he was. He also repeatedly mentioned that Yuri was not at 100%, as if to say “you all aren’t seeing the real Yuri tonight.”  Seems like a classy guy. 

I really enjoyed his color commentary for sure. I liked the joke about the donuts with the Loyola shot clock violation.

9 minutes ago, RamJAMTIME said:

Jimerson with one more assist than the best PG in the nation tonight. 

complete game by Gibby.  7 assists 4 rebounds and a block to go with 13 points.  shot poorly from 3 but compensated elsewhere.  Perkins looked awesome. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

complete game by Gibby.  7 assists 4 rebounds and a block to go with 13 points.  shot poorly from 3 but compensated elsewhere.  Perkins looked awesome. 

If Gibby had a good 3 point shooting night, his stat line would be the best I’ve seen in years 

So fun ..... to read these GDTs once the game is over.  Especially after a Billiken win.

Loyola came out ready and rode the early incentive.  Then they truly faded.  Outside of Norris and Alston, I wouldn't take a single "Bler on this team.  And I would not trade Bryce Golden for Jake Forrester.  The 'Blers also enjoyed the generosity of the men in stripes that first half.  I guess traveling is now out of the college game?  And why did they have to review the shot clock violation at the 6:21 mark?  They got it right.  I thought video review was for two minutes and under.  Ted Valentine makes me nervous every time we see him.  Both Quinn and Norris seemed intent on roughing Yuri up the whole game.  But with pub from guys like Avery Johnson, Yuri had best be ready.  

Parker saved us first half.  In his postgame interview, Ford said he never remembered having a team in that kind of foul trouble.  Perkins, Pickett, Collins and Okoro all with two.  Parker and Hughes were saviors in the first half.  Despite a "bad" half, we were up by four.  Loyola doesn't have the talent to stay with us.  Perkins and Jimerson were held on practically every cut.  Despite his 14, Alston was out of control mostly.  What was that last Loyola timeout with a minute to go and down 17?  Watching the stands and the various and numerous cheer and dance squads, Mrs. Taj thought Loyola was a girls' school.

The calls to sit Jimerson are funny.  Yes, he was 1 for 7 from distance but he is rounding his game out quite nicely.  Seven assists.  Four rebounds.  A block.  Four of five otherwise.  Ford got really smart and played zone the whole second half.  Outside of Norris, I didn't care who on that team took a shot.  For you billikids in the audience, enjoy blowouts like these and really relish them on the road and in conference.  Two games in a row where we pummeled conference foes on the road.  Ford's teams seem to gel for the final month or so and maybe, just maybe, we are seeing that trend early.  Next Friday's match at Davidson will be key --- just don't overlook a very poor La Salle team.

Thought Ford coached well again.  He’s strung together a few nice games.  The zone has been largely effective this year.  He’s had a nice feel of when to go to it.

Offensively the sets were good.  Tonight we saw us run normal motion to see Parker get hot in the 1st half and Perkins the same in the 2nd.  From there, you run sets to free up the hot hand which we did.  Killed them on the boards as we should.  Great, fun win.

7 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Thought Ford coached well again.  He’s strung together a few nice games.  The zone has been largely effective this year.  He’s had a nice feel of when to go to it.

Offensively the sets were good.  Tonight we saw us run normal motion to see Parker get hot in the 1st half and Perkins the same in the 2nd.  From there, you run sets to free up the hot hand which we did.  Killed them on the boards as we should.  Great, fun win.

I hate we wait for four trouble for zone. I really think it should be our go to defense

3 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Agree re: Ford. Start of the second half had me worried, as we went back to Yuri dribbling in and out of the top of the key for 15 seconds while everyone stood around. Good to see Ford go back to what worked so well in the first half. Amazing how much things open up when you move the ball around. 

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

Stop trying to make ‘Blers happen.

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

'Blers?  who the f thought that was a good idea??????????  Just stupid and horrible......

Truly one of the dumbest naming ideas I’ve ever heard. It’d be moderately funny if it was done as a joke by a few people, but on jerseys and on the court??? Unconscionably stupid.

2 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Truly one of the dumbest naming ideas I’ve ever heard. It’d be moderately funny if it was done as a joke by a few people, but on jerseys and on the court??? Unconscionably stupid.

So we shouldn’t rebrand to the ‘Kens?