Jordan Goodwin Is Now A Memphis Grizzly

thetorch

Every time I watch Jordan play, I scream in my head "remember what got you there."  Now that he seems comfortable in The League, he seems to want to be like everyone else.  He plays like he wants to be a guy who drains 3s and hits pull up jumpers.  I wish he would just be the junkyard dog that got him to where he is instead of wanting to be a star.  If he just gets rebounds, steals, and assists in bunches, he'll stick around.  Just my take on why he's losing minutes.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, almaman said:

JG got & used significant PT 2nite.

Yes a 21 point road win for Suns without Durant and Beal.  Goodwin a solid +19 with 14 points, 5 boards, 2 assists and a steal in 20 minutes. 

I used to stress that first year when he got a few games with Wizards but didn't score.  Very proud of our NBA-er!

Another great game for J Good. 5 left in the 4th quarter against the Knicks. 24 minutes of action and he’s produced 14 points (6-11 shooting), 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, and 0 turnovers. 

21 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Another great game for J Good. 5 left in the 4th quarter against the Knicks. 24 minutes of action and he’s produced 14 points (6-11 shooting), 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, and 0 turnovers. 

huge contributions in a big road win.  without Durant and Beal again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few notes about Jordan Goodwin's season, thus far:

* Averaging 6.3 points per game

* Averaging 17.1 minutes per game

* Assist/turnover ratio is 2.7 (3rd best on Suns)

* Averaging 3.8 rebounds per game (7th on Suns despite the fact that he's 11th in minutes played)

* 5th on the Suns in steals per game

* One of only three players to play in all 20 of the Suns games this season

6 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Just a few notes about Jordan Goodwin's season, thus far:

* Averaging 6.3 points per game

* Averaging 17.1 minutes per game

* Assist/turnover ratio is 2.7 (3rd best on Suns)

* Averaging 3.8 rebounds per game (7th on Suns despite the fact that he's 11th in minutes played)

* 5th on the Suns in steals per game

* One of only three players to play in all 20 of the Suns games this season

Dude is gonna be a serviceable role player with a long NBA career 💪 (I hope)

1 hour ago, 2010andBeyond said:

Jordan has also bagged himself at least a $50k bonus by way of the Suns advancement in the in-season tournament. If they win tonight, this goes up to $100k and could be as much as $500k if they win the tournament. 

Is that something that is in his contract, or is that something that any player gets for advancing in the tournament?

21 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Is that something that is in his contract, or is that something that any player gets for advancing in the tournament?

pretty sure it is defined by the league and all players are under the same bonus agreement for this tourney

3 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Goodwin played 30 minutes in the Suns win over the Warriors, 16 points, 5-10 FG, 5-5 FT, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block, 1 turnover and made a steal/hustle/pass that led to a Booker reverse dunk that was the play of the game.

-thank you for posting this, keep on going JGood! 

-I hope Troy has a good relationship with him.....

3 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Goodwin played 30 minutes in the Suns win over the Warriors, 16 points, 5-10 FG, 5-5 FT, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block, 1 turnover and made a steal/hustle/pass that led to a Booker reverse dunk that was the play of the game.

This was Beal's 1st game back & he only played 27 minutes, but pretty huge that JGood got 30 minutes of run in a game where both Beal & Booker were both healthy.  Grayson Allen was out, so it still remains to be seen how much PT JGood gets when the Suns are fully healthy.  I'm optimistic he's shown enough & is really the only option at backup PG that he'll continue to be in the rotation.

3 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

This was Beal's 1st game back & he only played 27 minutes, but pretty huge that JGood got 30 minutes of run in a game where both Beal & Booker were both healthy.  Grayson Allen was out, so it still remains to be seen how much PT JGood gets when the Suns are fully healthy.  I'm optimistic he's shown enough & is really the only option at backup PG that he'll continue to be in the rotation.

No KD didn't hurt his minutes. Some wierd +- numbers in that game. 

14 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

The announcers proposed a question as to whether the Suns would be satisfied with JG as a relatively inexperienced backup point guard heading into playoffs.  They didn't answer the question, but were effusive in praise for JG.

I think "in-season" minutes will continue to happen, as even uninjured players often get "rest" games in the NBA.  Here are the rest rules:

teams can rest no more than one star player from a game, with stars defined as anyone who has been an All-Star or All-NBA selection in any of the past three seasons. Healthy star players must be available for nationally televised games and in-season tournament games.

Goodwin's minutes will fluctuate based on his own shooting form, the matchups and the overall health/depth of the Suns, but he has certainly done the most with the opportunities he's been given and has really established himself as key role player who impacts games with his relentless effort.

i sat close to his parents for four years at our home games.   they seem like a wonderful couple and very very good people.  so one would think they passed on the sensible traits to their son.   that's always my biggest concern that those that "strike it rich" have some long range sense and not only take care of themselves financially but dont change and treat those around them as good or better thereafter.   i gotta believe that will be jgood.  i guess time will tell. 

2 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

There's only so much ball to go around with Durant and Beal on the court so I'd think a glue guy that does all the other stuff and doesn't need to jack up a bunch of shots really compliments those two.

2 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

There's only so much ball to go around with Durant and Beal on the court so I'd think a glue guy that does all the other stuff and doesn't need to jack up a bunch of shots really compliments those two.

You can add Booker to that list as well.  I've posted in the past that I think Goodwin is a better fit than Grayson Allen next to any 2+ of those 3 elite scorers.  Nurkic isn't a stiff / defense only type center either.  If that is your 4/5 of your closing rotation, you don't need much offense from the 5th guy.