GDT: A10 Quarterfinals vs St. Bonaventure

2 minutes ago, CBFan said:

For those who recorded the game watch the clock stop at 3.2 seconds for a second then re-start.

Stu just tweeted that it stopped and I checked it out and it did.

A10 officiating is not good.  Those clowns looked at the video to check on the timing and the foul missed that.

https://twitter.com/studurando/status/1502503253774376965?t=Bjvb03mcQFTDKG-Zh0WFFg&s=19

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

A lot of the Bonnies fans wouldn’t be clutching their pearls if they saw how their players interacted with our student section 

Yeppp. I have first row behind visitors section, O2 talked a lot of shite to the students at the end 

That's so bad. Watching it several times over, it looks close to a second. Even if there was time left when the foul was called, he wouldn't have had time left for the putback. Could've been decisive.

I tweeted this, but that's not a mechanical error. It's human error. But there's nothing that would have led the scoreboard operator to get an itchy finger - no gesture from a ref, the ball wasn't close to the sideline, no whistle. 

I did the scoreboard at SLU women's games for four years. It's natural to anticipate, try to read the refs, react to whistles, etc. There was nothing at the 3.2 mark that would've made the operator do it here. Really questionable.

6 hours ago, dlarry said:

Nesbit was at mid court when the final buzzer sounded. He then ran over to the Bills celebration by the announcers table.

If he said anything it was from really far away.

Watch him in this clip.

The biggest issue is Nesbitt walking away from the line on both misses. The first shot it appears Jimmerson tells him to go back on the line. Next his  lack of blocking out Lofton could have cost us the game. 

3 minutes ago, billikenblue said:

The biggest issue is Nesbitt walking away from the line on both misses. The first shot it appears Jimmerson tells him to go back on the line. Next his  lack of blocking out Lofton could have cost us the game. 

He has a lot of mental lapses, that’s for sure. At least it’s not the type mental like Gordon 

3 hours ago, Duff Man said:

I'm still bullish on Nesbitt's potential, but I think he's exposed playing 34min in an elimination game against a team we lost to twice in the regular season.

Fact: He was 0-8 from the floor and scored zero points in 34min

Fact: He fumbled the game winning rebound away and then committed shooting foul with less than 2 seconds on the game clock

Fact: He failed to block out the shooter (Lofton) on the 2nd FT and allowed a game winning layup put back that didn't go in

Even without the cheerleader he said she said, he totally the pooped bed on the final possession and was 0-8 with zero points in 34 min for the game

I'd rather have TJ as my 5th man in crunch time than Nesbitt at this point. I'm not sure why this is a controversial take.

Nesbitt struggled today, but he also made significant contributions with multiple hustle plays. You failed to mention how his effort allowed us to get the ball back for the inbounds play leading to Jimerson’s game-winning shot. 

8 hours ago, courtside said:

If you watch the 2nd Free throw again, SLU had two players in position to block out the shooter (Lofton). Both stood there and watched the shot instead of blocking out. Fortunately the rebound attempt missed. 

Collins yelled at Nesbitt after Nesbitt walked away, to get back for the 2nd FT. Both Nesbitt and Collins stood there after the attempt was missed. Neither blocked out and neither tried to rebound. 

Again, it worked out. Gotta have a little luck sometimes too, when having success.

https://twitter.com/actioncolleges/status/1502400268213837831?s=21

Wow, we got incredibly lucky…

7 hours ago, wgstl said:

Yeppp. I have first row behind visitors section, O2 talked a lot of shite to the students at the end 

Lofton too. Don’t get me wrong, we deserved it as we were talking shite the whole game too. But man, it still made me laugh hysterically when he missed both free throws

9 hours ago, Compton said:

Naw.

Hustling down the court so that you're in position before the defense, pump faking to get your defender off the ground, then running passed him for a demoralizing dunk is not "lucking into being wide open." That play was hustle, savvy, speed, and athleticism.

Out of reactions.

100%

8 hours ago, Pistol said:

That's so bad. Watching it several times over, it looks close to a second. Even if there was time left when the foul was called, he wouldn't have had time left for the putback. Could've been decisive.

I tweeted this, but that's not a mechanical error. It's human error. But there's nothing that would have led the scoreboard operator to get an itchy finger - no gesture from a ref, the ball wasn't close to the sideline, no whistle. 

I did the scoreboard at SLU women's games for four years. It's natural to anticipate, try to read the refs, react to whistles, etc. There was nothing at the 3.2 mark that would've made the operator do it here. Really questionable.

And on the missed f/t the clock doesn’t start when the ball first touches the front of the rim. The ball hits the front, back, front again. The clock doesn’t start until just before Lofton touches the ball on the rebound. It’s slightly over 1 second from when the ball hits the front of the rim until it starts downward. Can the ball drop 4 feet and a player shoot it in less than 1 second? If you count the clock stopping, maybe Lofton doesn’t even get to the line. Add that to the clock not starting correctly on the f/t, the layup attempt definitely wouldn’t have been in time

The play was reviewed by the striped clowns why did they not notice the clock had stopped and tried to correct that?

Nesbitt was a mental mess he thought he lost the game for his team.  His mental break down almost lost it for the team twice he must learn and be humble.

26 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

And on the missed f/t the clock doesn’t start when the ball first touches the front of the rim. The ball hits the front, back, front again. The clock doesn’t start until just before Lofton touches the ball on the rebound. It’s slightly over 1 second from when the ball hits the front of the rim until it starts downward. Can the ball drop 4 feet and a player shoot it in less than 1 second? If you count the clock stopping, maybe Lofton doesn’t even get to the line. Add that to the clock not starting correctly on the f/t, the layup attempt definitely wouldn’t have been in time

I thought the clock doesn't start until a player touches the ball

16 hours ago, Duff Man said:

If he said anything he was out of line. 

You guys want to keep making excuses for him go ahead. 

He was a liability aside from that. He's just not ready for prime time.

He basically cost us the game and Lofton raised him and let him off the hook.

People rarely respond to others with "shut up (insert ***** or here)" when the other party hasn't said anything. 

The odds are that "an innocent cheerleader" was involving herself more-so than she should have and didn't like the response she got. 

St Bonaventure is lucky she didn't get physical with players. That team seems like its led by a loose cannon with a lot of little mini-loose cannons standing really close to players. 

re: Nesbitt and the cheerleader

It didn't happen after Lofton's miss(es).

The officials reviewed to see if they should put any fractions of a second back on the clock then the 2 teams went into a handshake line...it was following that when something happened between Nesbitt and an opposing cheerleader

You can't - as a SLU basketball player - call a female of the opposing cheerleading team a who-ah. I don't care what she said to you, you can't do that.

re: Nesbitt the player

Nesbitt is the future, but he just wasn't the impact freshman we were expecting. He hits 3s, he makes good passes, he makes impressive blocks...but he was a role player this year. When they throw the ball out on the wing he doesn't know what to do. He dribbles between his legs and dicks around and maybe makes a move and attempts a fadeaway off the dribble...or turns it over. It just seems like he never really got a feel for how to utilize his skills vs good D1 competition.

Given the stakes of the A10 tournament, I'd have wanted Hargrove on the floor in crunch time. Ultimately vs Davison we were outclassed and it didn't matter who was on the floor, so water under the bridge. Maybe make a run in the NIT, but more importantly let's come back next year better than ever.

re: the clock issue

Actually I did the math backwards...it froze at 3.2...and added .7sec from 1.1 to 1.8 instead of taking off time...we got double effed on that...ball don't lie

majerus mojo and HoosierPal like this

6 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

The officials reviewed to see if they should put any fractions of a second back on the clock then the 2 teams went into a handshake line...it was following that when something happened between Nesbitt and an opposing cheerleader

You can't - as a SLU basketball player - call a female of the opposing cheerleading team a who-ah. I don't care what she said to you, you can't do that.

Just let it go man.

We don’t know what happened. 
We will never know what happened.

Its obviously not a big deal considering neither school has mentioned it.

Just let it go!

9 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

re: Nesbitt the player

Nesbitt is the future, but he just wasn't the impact freshman we were expecting. He hits 3s, he makes good passes, he makes impressive blocks...but he was a role player this year. When they throw the ball out on the wing he doesn't know what to do. He dribbles between his legs and dicks around and maybe makes a move and attempts a fadeaway off the dribble...or turns it over. It just seems like he never really got a feel for how to utilize his skills vs good D1 competition.

Given the stakes of the A10 tournament, I'd have wanted Hargrove on the floor in crunch time. Ultimately vs Davison we were outclassed and it didn't matter who was on the floor, so water under the bridge. Maybe make a run in the NIT, but more importantly let's come back next year better than ever.

re: the clock issue

Game clock froze on 3.2 after the initial miss for less than 1 second. When the foul was called on Nesbitt there was 1.1 left. The officials looked at the replay and added .7 sec and set the clock at 1.8 with the FTs. Not sure why the clock froze but it was ultimately handled correctly.

Let me get this straight, you think Nesbitt yelled at a random cheerleader who was just standing there? This doesn’t even make sense. It would make more sense if what he yelled was at the whole cheer squad(not saying it’s ok).  I have an incredibly difficult time believe he went after a single cheerleader unless said cheerleader instigated it. 

The game was over. It was beyond over. They were looking at the clock to determine if maybe there was 0.1 sec left or not and then they shook hands. It was not in the heat of the moment. Why would there even be any reason to engage?

Players should not be talking to the opposing teams cheerleaders. Period.

Players who were let off the hook should not be talking smack to the opposition. Period.

Neither program is going to say anything because it's negative publicity.

Independent journalists with no bias one way or the other were ones highlighting it.

People here want to give our guy the benefit of the doubt. It's understandable.

I just think it's a bad look for a guy who went 0-8 and was let off the hook on the final sequence to be talking smack to opposing teams female cheerleaders. That's just me. That's just how I feel about it.