2021-2022 Season

11 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I didn't even see VCU on there the first time.  Well, seeing 3 A10 teams in the top 36 is normally a good thing, but ya that's way off.   But we wont see too many lists that mention SLU early on. 

Yeah for sure. I honestly see 5 A10 teams that COULD wind up in the top 36 (Bona, SLU, Richmond, Dayton, VCU). I’m not saying all 5 will end up that high, but I think all 5 have the talent and potential to have that kind of season. But having VCU over Bona right now just shows a complete lack of research.

Edited by Reinert310
I can’t type

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be superstitious but at least the past few years the projected top two teams in the A10 have always under preformed expectations.

20 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Rothstein's A10 Offseason Breakdown.

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index.php/rothstein-files/atlantic-10-offseason-breakdown-2/

He picks the Bills 4th behind Bonnies, Spiders, and Rams.  Billikens scattered throughout his 'teams', highlighted by Perkins being POY. 

IMO starters Okoro, Nesbitt, Collins, Perkins, Hargrove.

24 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index.php/rothstein-files/atlantic-10-offseason-breakdown-2/

He picks the Bills 4th behind Bonnies, Spiders, and Rams.  Billikens scattered throughout his 'teams', highlighted by Perkins being POY. 

-interesting he doesn't see Ryan Daley as a loss for StJ's

-my only issue with his projected order of finish is we will finish ahead of Richmond so I hope they finish second as that means we are first

52 minutes ago, CBFan said:

This guess is as good as anyone's.  Just remember that Jimmy Bell started as a freshman before Covid.  I would really like for Bell to be ready to man the 5.  Okoro at the 4 replacing french, Perkins, Jimerson, Collins as the 3 guards.  I really hope Rashad Williams is ready to come in to give Yuri a break.  Right now our lack of depth at point guard is glaring.  

CBFan likes this

I don’t really have a problem with Rothstein’s rankings here, I think without Bones and Ace, I might drop VCU to 5th, and I’ve convinced myself that Richmond will underachieving again, so maybe drop them to 4th. I might go with:

1-Bona

2-SLU

3-Dayton

4-Richmond

5-VCU

But I’m not sure how much confidence I have in that. I think the top 5 could end up any number of ways.

what I found really interesting was that he had Mason 13th. I wouldn’t have predicted that, especially with Oduro coming back.

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I think the sleeper team, if you can call them that, is going to be ugh....dare I say it....The Flyers. Grant's a better game coach than many give him credit for, and he's got some potential talent to work with. 

Agreed. The talent is just really young. I think they’ll potentially have a year like we did when we brought in Yuri and TJ and Jimmy Bell and Jimerson and Perk. Tons of talent, but it could have a lot of ups and downs. 

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

For me a more interesting discussion is who is in the 10 man rotation.  Ford likes 8 to 10 player rotation.  He won't go 12 deep (averaging double digit minutes).  For lack of knowing how this upcoming team is shaping up, my 10 are Bell, Collins, Hargrove, Jimerson, Linssen, Nesbitt, Okoro, Perkins, Thatch and Williams. 

CBFan likes this

Just now, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Have we even found out if Williams will be eligible to play this season?

No. Still not officially cleared. Needs a waiver from the NCAA.

Non-conference schedule, updated:

11/20 vs. Mercer
11/23 vs. Illinois State in Cancun
11/24 vs. Buffalo/SFA in Cancun
11/30 at Boise State
12/18 vs. Auburn
12/22 vs. Drake in Las Vegas
TBA vs. Belmont
TBA vs. UAB
TBA vs. Boston College
TBA @ Memphis

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

11/20 vs. Mercer
11/30 at Boise State
12/18 vs. Auburn
TBA vs. Belmont
TBA vs. UAB
TBA vs. Boston College
TBA @ Memphis

That's a great line-up. The substandard Cancun tourney is starting to look like a non-factor. It'd be nice to see the return of SIU-C to get that tradition back on track. 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

11/20 vs. Mercer
11/30 at Boise State
12/18 vs. Auburn
TBA vs. Belmont
TBA vs. UAB
TBA vs. Boston College
TBA @ Memphis

Two or three left to schedule...I never can figure out the exempt angle on game count.

4 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

I don’t really have a problem with Rothstein’s rankings here, I think without Bones and Ace, I might drop VCU to 5th, and I’ve convinced myself that Richmond will underachieving again, so maybe drop them to 4th. I might go with:

1-Bona

2-SLU

3-Dayton

4-Richmond

5-VCU

But I’m not sure how much confidence I have in that. I think the top 5 could end up any number of ways.

what I found really interesting was that he had Mason 13th. I wouldn’t have predicted that, especially with Oduro coming back.

We have Richmond, Dayton and Bonnies as 2X on our A10 schedule. I wish we could get VCU 2X rather than LaSalle or UMass.

VCU will always have depth and will play it to their advantage.  Someone will rise to the occasion for them.

I've seen George Mason picked as high as 6th, primarily due to Oduro and their CO transfer 6'7" SG Schwartz (9.3 ppg and 40% from the arc).

Reinert310 likes this

8 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I don't see Nesbit coming off the bench. 

Speaking fo St. Joe's .... besides Daly there is no mention of Greg Foster Jr.  Foster was a former 4-star recruit who transferred in from Gonzaga last year and was never seen.  He played in  three games, averaged almost 30 mpg in those three, and then disappeared.  A lot of talk centered on "personal' problems although I have no idea just what they might have been.  Tsohonis of VCU was a guard at Washington but only averaged 1.1 apg; seeing him as VCU's PG makes me wonder.  Then @2G there is then 6'6" Vince WIlliams.  Vince is not a guard.  He's a scorer ala Javonte with less scoring.  If this is indeed fact, happy to see Ibi Watson gone from Dayton.  Weaver didn't impress me much and Kobe Elvis played unimpressively at DePaul.  

But don't pick us.

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

I don't see Nesbit coming off the bench. 

The media guys see the sparse minutes Nesbitt played at Memphis and are projecting accordingly.  That was a special situation where he came in early to take advantage of the free year.  He's still a Goodwin-level recruit.  Those guys don't come off the bench at mid major programs.

slufanskip likes this

4 hours ago, Compton said:

That's a great line-up. The substandard Cancun tourney is starting to look like a non-factor. It'd be nice to see the return of SIU-C to get that tradition back on track. 

We had SIUC on the schedule and it was bumped to next season. Not sure if that was driven by them or us or both. I assume it'll still be a road game when the series resumes, as that's what it would've been this season.

Compton likes this

On 7/2/2021 at 10:10 AM, Pistol said:

Slight tweak to the above schedule - Stu is reporting that the SIUC road game has been pushed back a season, to 2022-2023.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

We had SIUC on the schedule and it was bumped to next season. Not sure if that was driven by them or us or both. I assume it'll still be a road game when the series resumes, as that's what it would've been this season.

-thanks, guess I missed this over the holiday