2021-2022 Season

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always a mystery to me why we don’t have a lower level FB program ala Fordham, DU , etc. Supposedly SLU’s endowment is ranked like 4 or 5 among Catholic schools, yet we can’t afford/field a low level FB program. Other schools with far less do it. A bit of a head scratcher.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Always a mystery to me why we don’t have a lower level FB program ala Fordham, DU , etc. Supposedly SLU’s endowment is ranked like 4 or 5 among Catholic schools, yet we can’t afford/field a low level FB program. Other schools with far less do it. A bit of a head scratcher.

Just become a Notre Dame fan, like a good Catholic.

On 9/5/2021 at 8:03 PM, Reinert310 said:

So, I started watching the Netflix documentary about pirates and found out that the most famous pirate of all-time, Blackbeard, his real name was Edward Thatch. Ed Thatch stole gold from Spanish ships. Fred Thatch steals passes from A10 rivals. Can’t possibly be a coincidence.

Shiver me timbers, Matey. Blackbeard’s name was Edward Teach and anyone who says not will prepare to walk the plank. Arrrgh.

slufanskip and Reinert310 like this

6 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Shiver me timbers, Matey. Blackbeard’s name was Edward Teach and anyone who says not will prepare to walk the plank. Arrrgh.

It was apparently spelled both ways. I have no idea which one is technically correct. Just going by the Netflix documentary and Wikipedia here. So you could be right. (You probably are right. I just heard then calling him Edward Thatch on the documentary. Lol)

472DB80C-D42B-4C7D-9EC3-82C6473CF18D.png

billikenbill likes this

1 hour ago, almaman said:

Great they will lose a few because he's gone, not be ranked when we play & he returns. :(

I know Flanigan is a starter but Auburn could go with one of their proven transfer guards and not skip a beat.  And that Kessler kid, the 7 footer from UNC, will be a problem.  He probably would have started for the Tar Heels this year had he stayed. Auburn has a lot of firepower.