Locals, Tools and potential transfers to SLU

ACE

36 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Log this under ultimate tools: Youtuber Jake Paul challenged A*stin McB*oom to a fight after Paul knocked out Nate Robinson. 

Didn't know whom Jake Paul was before yesterday but I'm a fan now. All he has to do to guarantee victory is to hire Dwayne Evans to be in his corner.

TheChosenOne likes this

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/28/2020 at 3:05 PM, Coach314 said:

Any interest in Dajuan Gordon from Kansas State.  Sophomore from Chicago...🤔

On 11/28/2020 at 3:38 PM, RUBillsFan said:

This seems like a random post that doesn't fit this thread talking about local recruits.  Coach314 has had some scoops in the past.  Spill the beans, coach.

On 11/28/2020 at 3:48 PM, Coach314 said:

Nothing linking him to SLU.  Just hearing that he might be considering a transfer.  Maybe he wants to be closer to home 🤷🏽‍♂️

SLU indeed recruited Gordon out of HS. Offered and we were in the mix for quite a while.

2 minutes ago, almaman said:

Got to be Bruce s final year. 

He has made the Dance 5 out of his 8 seasons, although they are likely to miss again this year. I don't think that is bad at a place like K-State, which I don't consider a great job. Although there are plenty of P5 programs that have delusional expectations, so who know. I don't know what Weber's contract situation is, but in this economic environment, I'm not sure schools will be as willing to eat big contracts.

If he gets dumped, he could make a nice assistant coach for Travis :)

CBFan and almaman like this

18 minutes ago, almaman said:

Got to be Bruce s final year. 

When your roster is composed of a bunch of 3 stars in a P5 conference, you're going to have a couple of up years followed by a couple of down years.  If Weber can keep this group together, next season he'll have a veteran backcourt and a veteran frontcourt again.  

By comparison, we're in a great situation where 3 star recruits are some of the higher rated players in the conference.  Some of them, like Yuri, are even impact players.  The occasional 4 star recruit is just icing on the cake.

CBFan likes this

In the last ten seasons, only three times has a share of the Big 12 Conference Champion been claimed by a coach not named Bill Self.  Chris Beard once and Bruce Weber twice.  Weber made the Elite Eight three seasons ago.  There is no way he should be on the hot seat at this point.  Firing Weber at this point would be a bigger miscalculation than when the Illini fired Weber.  The Illini have not played in a NCAA tournament game since the season after Weber was fired.  

15 minutes ago, ACE said:

Is he out all season?

He had foot surgery at the end of September.  A couple of weeks ago Weber said the they are talking about months and not weeks when it comes to Kasbuke being ready.  So there is a chance he might play at some point, but KSU might be smart to shut him down for the season.  As we have seen, foot injuries can linger.

14 minutes ago, brianstl said:

In the last ten seasons, only three times has a share of the Big 12 Conference Champion been claimed by a coach not named Bill Self.  Chris Beard once and Bruce Weber twice.  Weber made the Elite Eight three seasons ago.  There is no way he should be on the hot seat at this point.  Firing Weber at this point would be a bigger miscalculation than when the Illini fired Weber.  The Illini have not played in a NCAA tournament game since the season after Weber was fired.  

So, you are saying that K state should fire Weber. Got it. Do your worst K State. Don’t overthink it. SLU will accept the transfers.

On a more serious note, he is not on the hot seat, but if his team finishes well below .500, and if it looks like they do not have the players or culture to change it next year, that will change quickly.

59 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

When your roster is composed of a bunch of 3 stars in a P5 conference, you're going to have a couple of up years followed by a couple of down years.  If Weber can keep this group together, next season he'll have a veteran backcourt and a veteran frontcourt again.  

By comparison, we're in a great situation where 3 star recruits are some of the higher rated players in the conference.  Some of them, like Yuri, are even impact players.  The occasional 4 star recruit is just icing on the cake.

I hope he survives, I like him everywhere he's been.

slufan13 likes this

55 minutes ago, brianstl said:

He had foot surgery at the end of September.  A couple of weeks ago Weber said the they are talking about months and not weeks when it comes to Kasbuke being ready.  So there is a chance he might play at some point, but KSU might be smart to shut him down for the season.  As we have seen, foot injuries can linger.

Whether he plays this year or not won't affect his eligibility either way (he'll still have 4 years remaining), so if I was K-State I wouldn't close any doors on him returning unless a broader surgery would help his situation.

26 minutes ago, papal said:

I like coaches and teams that are willing to play us- ie K-State, LSU; not so much teams that avoid us, ie Mizzou

My ship has 100% sailed on the whole SLU mizzou thing.  I never want to play them, so many other schools in the region Id rather play. 

billiken_roy likes this

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

My ship has 100% sailed on the whole SLU mizzou thing.  I never want to play them, so many other schools in the region Id rather play. 

Agree some teams that are a few hours away I would like to play; Western Kentucky, Butler, Xavier, Loyola Chicago, Louisville, Memphis, Crieghton, Indiana, Kentucky, DePaul, Cincinnati, Wichita State Kansas, KSU and Illinois.

9 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Agree some teams that are a few hours away I would like to play; Western Kentucky, Butler, Xavier, Loyola Chicago, Louisville, Memphis, Crieghton, Indiana, Kentucky, DePaul, Cincinnati, Wichita State Kansas, KSU and Illinois.

How did you miss Marquette?!

SLU_Lax likes this