Why I hate St B's

slu72

1) what self respecting school would have brown  and white as their colors?

2) what exactly is a Bonnie, as in my Bonnie lies over the ocean?

3) why is a school located inside the Arctic circle in the A10? 

4) are they as big as a large HS?

5) why doesn't their coach just leave?

6) welding should not be a college major. No disrespect to welders who probably make more $ than most St B grads out of HS. 

7.) they employ drunk bus drivers. 

8.) they have to be paying players to go to school in the North Pole. 

9.) Their cheerleaders are .... uh, that would be misogyny. Forget it. 

10.) they usually have their way with us. This must stop on Saturday. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

6) welding should not be a college major. No disrespect to welders who probably make more $ than most St B grads out of HS. 

I’m out of reactions, but yes...just yes!

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

This ain’t it 

3 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Someone’s forgetting the game that mattered most last year 

Not really. They put up a shot  that  could have wrecked our run in a heartbeat. They have been a PIA go a long time now. 

26 minutes ago, slu72 said:

This.

40 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

We don't exactly have room to talk about mascots (see my profile pic). Otherwise, you're dead on.

We all know what a Billiken is. What's a Bonnie,  A Scottish lass? They used to be the Indians. From brave native Americans lto a Scottish wench? Jeesh how low can you go? They should change their unis to Tartan Plaid and play in kilts. Eff St B! Snow Bunnies or the Snow Mobiles would have been better mascots than the freaking Bonnies. 

I think St B is a very well coached team.  Do you know that they have the longest running streak in the A10 with 10+ conference wins per season.  More than Dayton, more than VCU, and more than Billikens.   Think of this....they have the third smallest student enrollment in division 1(about 1700 total undergrads). They reside in the snow belt, with nothing of note to keep their students busy.  Yet, year after year, Schmidt cranks out the wins.  Plus, their starting 5 are all Sophs.   Meaning this team will be together for two more years.

19 minutes ago, Meet me in St Lou said:

I think St B is a very well coached team.  Do you know that they have the longest running streak in the A10 with 10+ conference wins per season.  More than Dayton, more than VCU, and more than Billikens.   Think of this....they have the third smallest student enrollment in division 1(about 1700 total undergrads). They reside in the snow belt, with nothing of note to keep their students busy.  Yet, year after year, Schmidt cranks out the wins.  Plus, their starting 5 are all Sophs.   Meaning this team will be together for two more years.

I hope they see this bro

On 3/6/2020 at 8:39 AM, Box and Won said:

My feelings toward Tyler Relph aside, I cannot hate the Bonnies because they gave us this gift, which I will cherish forever.

I haven’t seen that in a while and forgot how funny it is. 😁

Personally, I think sports rivalries should not be extended to hatred. I really want the Bills to beat the Bonnies tonight, but I do not hate them, why should I? Does this team, its mascot, the location of the school, or anything else generate a threat level sufficient to engender hatred? Categorically not so. I can hate something that threatens me in a major way, but these items are totally non threatening.

The Bonnies are just another team, sometimes better, sometimes worse. Sometimes capable of upsetting what looks like a sure win, some time crumbling against the Bills. Is there room for hatred in this? No. why should there be?

That said, we are going to win tonight, and we (my wife and I) will be there at the Chaifetz, can't wait. Let's go win the double bye. Go Bills!

I find it really something that a small school in a nothing town with a nothing campus can compete at all at the D-1 level. Props to the Bonnies for doing what seems nearly impossible.

12 hours ago, billikenbill said:

I find it really something that a small school in a nothing town with a nothing campus can compete at all at the D-1 level. Props to the Bonnies for doing what seems nearly impossible.

Having gone to games in Olean it is amazing the culture they have.  If we could build a quarter of that type of allegiance in St. Louis to SLU we could sell out the dome.