Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very comparable players IMO

Here are my A10 rooting rules: Root for SLU to win all games Root for all A10 teams to win all of their non-conference games. Root for A10 opponents that SLU plays twice (Dayton,

Insane!!  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, bauman said:

Wow, a Big 10 team poaching an A 10 team .  Just a sign of what we might be seeing in the not too distant future.

you gotta look at it from Ed's pov.  The team is going no where.  Its not like a Umass where its loaded with youth and potential. Lasalle was going to be just as bad next year. Maybe worse since 2 of the top 6 were seniors. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, bauman said:

Wow, a Big 10 team poaching an A 10 team .  Just a sign of what we might be seeing in the not too distant future.

LaSalle has former Indiana and Big 10 forward Clifton Moore eligible for next season. Just a sign of what we might be seeing in the not too distant future. 😉

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dayton completely dominant on both ends in the 1H against Davidson shooting 69% (nice).   Davidson having fits rebounding and keeping it out of the paint.  

You have to make these guys shoot threes and I know it’s easier said than done.  If you let them get on the glass or get Toppin going down low you’re toast.

I love our chances in Brooklyn, we’ve played them better than anyone in the country outside of KU and Colorado. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pistol said:

 

I'd probably prefer Bonaventure as the 5 in the second scenario, and neither of those seem like bad paths.

Obviously a lot can change but I'd like to avoid Duquesne, Davidson, and UMass.

Yes, though I do believe results would be different on a neutral court. And without time to game plan, and with games each day, raw talent tends to take over, and as such, our chances of success based on our style of play actually improves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to Dayton for winning the A10 regular season title tonight.  The atmosphere was something special.  Toppin was 10 of 11 from the field.  His one miss was a three.(He did hit 3 of 4).  Dayton missed 1, yes one, two point shot tonight.  Crutcher missed a short jumper at 17:42 in the first half, and they were perfect inside the arc the rest of the game.  They shot 34 of 47 from the field including 7 of 19 from the arc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Congratulations to Dayton for winning the A10 regular season title tonight.  The atmosphere was something special.  Toppin was 10 of 11 from the field.  His one miss was a three.(He did hit 3 of 4).  Dayton missed 1, yes one, two point shot tonight.  Crutcher missed a short jumper at 17:42 in the first half, and they were perfect inside the arc the rest of the game.  They shot 34 of 47 from the field including 7 of 19 from the arc.

27 of 28 from two. Missed the first two pointer then never missed

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, glazedandconfused said:

LaSalle has former Indiana and Big 10 forward Clifton Moore eligible for next season. Just a sign of what we might be seeing in the not too distant future. 😉

Wow, now I see why you are so excited about the possibilities of this new transfer rule.  Do you think we could get players in as good as Clifton Moore? 

What are you most excited about, his 1.0 ppg career average, or his two year career total of 33 rebounds.  I kind of like his career total of 5 FT made. 

And how about those career high 8 minutes he played in Dec 2018 against Central Arkansas.  He was amazing.....1 of 2 from the field, but I understand that one bucket was pretty special.  The fact that he only got in 15 of IU's 35 games was because of bad coaching. 

Moore has got to be the front runner for A10 POY next season.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Wow, now I see why you are so excited about the possibilities of this new transfer rule.  Do you think we could get players in as good as Clifton Moore? 

What are you most excited about, his 1.0 ppg career average, or his two year career total of 33 rebounds.  I kind of like his career total of 5 FT made. 

And how about those career high 8 minutes he played in Dec 2018 against Central Arkansas.  He was amazing.....1 of 2 from the field, but I understand that one bucket was pretty special.  The fact that he only got in 15 of IU's 35 games was because of bad coaching. 

Moore has got to be the front runner for A10 POY next season.  

I have a sneaking suspicion that you made his point. *wink*

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Wow, now I see why you are so excited about the possibilities of this new transfer rule.  Do you think we could get players in as good as Clifton Moore? 

What are you most excited about, his 1.0 ppg career average, or his two year career total of 33 rebounds.  I kind of like his career total of 5 FT made. 

And how about those career high 8 minutes he played in Dec 2018 against Central Arkansas.  He was amazing.....1 of 2 from the field, but I understand that one bucket was pretty special.  The fact that he only got in 15 of IU's 35 games was because of bad coaching. 

Moore has got to be the front runner for A10 POY next season.  

You guys are so sensitive these days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Wow, now I see why you are so excited about the possibilities of this new transfer rule.  Do you think we could get players in as good as Clifton Moore? 

What are you most excited about, his 1.0 ppg career average, or his two year career total of 33 rebounds.  I kind of like his career total of 5 FT made. 

And how about those career high 8 minutes he played in Dec 2018 against Central Arkansas.  He was amazing.....1 of 2 from the field, but I understand that one bucket was pretty special.  The fact that he only got in 15 of IU's 35 games was because of bad coaching. 

Moore has got to be the front runner for A10 POY next season.  

Sure we could.  But La Salle has virtually no chance of getting a top 150 player out of high school.  They can only get one when he is forced to transfer down.  If he's good enough to sit on the bench at Indiana, he's probably good enough to play 25 min a game at La Salle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Sure we could.  But La Salle has virtually no chance of getting a top 150 player out of high school.  They can only get one when he is forced to transfer down.  If he's good enough to sit on the bench at Indiana, he's probably good enough to play 25 min a game at La Salle.

When LaSalle had that 2013 Sweet 16 run they feasted on transfers. Garland transferred in from VA Tech and Galloway from So Carolina. Probably one of the best A10 backcourts that year with the exception of ours (Mitchell & McCall).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Which is why La Salle will never be consistent.  You need four-year players in our league to have a chance.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to Dayton and thanks for helping us out there.  I had no clue what Davidson was doing in the first half.They were without Gudmundsson who picked up his second foul with just under 8 to go in the half and sat.  They were down 23 to 15 at that point and were outscored 19 to 9 the rest of the half.  But even with Gudmundsson, they were throwing up crap in desperation as shot clocks expired.  They really have nothing but Grady and Gudmundsson who scored 63% of their 67 points.  Brajkovic was soft as usual.  Jones sucks.  Boachie-Yiadom did nothing in a half of play.  And Kristensen is pitiful.  Dickie V. was all loving on Davidson because they kept Dayton's starters on the floor until the end.  News flash:  Dayton really doesn't have a bench outside of Watson anyway.

How we got so schooled at Davidson still perplexes me.

Todays games:  St. Joe's (-4.5) hosting Fordham; the Bonnies (-4.5) at La Salle; VCU (-12.5) hosting Geedubya; Richmond (-11) hosting Umass and finally Mason (+8.5) at Duquesne.  It would be nice to see Mason and La Salle pokes Duquesne and the Bonnies in the eye.  I don't believe Umass can stay with Richmond.  VCU should roll.  Who cares about the pre-PIG duo.

All in all, none of it matters if we can't win tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Brighton said:

Anyone think the Big East will scoop Dayton the next go round ?

I’m going to guess the Big East won’t  expand again, or at least until their current tv deal expires. They will finally have a round robin schedule with the addition of UCONN. They will have a 20 game conference schedule and the economics of adding another member might not line up. This isn’t to say it won’t happen at all, but I get the feeling the Big East is closed for business for a while. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

I’m going to guess the Big East won’t  expand again, or at least until their current tv deal expires. They will finally have a round robin schedule with the addition of UCONN. They will have a 20 game conference schedule and the economics of adding another member might not line up. This isn’t to say it won’t happen at all, but I get the feeling the Big East is closed for business for a while. 

Your right. SVU has had a recent Elite 8 and NBE still ignored them. Also Xavier doesn't want them.  Now with UConn in the picture, I also don't see them expanding in a while, the $ too good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Which is why La Salle will never be consistent.  You need four-year players in our league to have a chance.

 

Your right, consistent similar type teams like Creighton, Gonzaga, XU don't depend on transfers. When we had the early decade 3 yr run of NCAAs and ranked teams, it was pretty much the same core of players. 

But it is a good band aid every once in while. We had that run last year largely on Bess and Isabel. Now Perkins ( juco transfer) is keeping us in games.

But I agree, hopefully we can move on from our dependence on transfers.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Battle of the Bottom Feeders coming up at noon (central) on ESPN+. 

Fordham (1-14) @ Saint Joseph's (1-14). 

Both have one additional opportunity for a win, finishing their seasons at home against GMU and LaSalle respectively. But in all likelihood this game will determine who ends dead last in the A10. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...