Stu article this AM

2 hours ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

It may be 2am but why doesn’t he mention Gordon our most anticipated freshman coming in. 

I think it was intended as an article about the team's backcourt and guards.

Paranoia....

Stu "What developed was a two month flurry of activity that has given the roster a different look than expected."  "SLU has added five players , including four guards."  Gudmundsson, Jacobs, Isabell, Wiley, and Hankton who he lists as a forward.

Not included in the five, Thatch, who is mentioned and Gordon who is not. 

The article is mostly about our backcourt and newest recruits.  The headline about a different look next season means the article should talk about Gordon too. Of course the headline was probably written by a pimple-faced Mizzou grad who has no idea where SLU is located much less what our recruiting looks like. 

Any article about our recruiting should probably start and end with Gordon.  This was an oversight on Stu's part in my opinion..... 

NextYearBill likes this

"SLU has added five players, including four guards. The team has lost at least one forward — possibly two — and seen the return of Jordan Goodwin."

This is the word I don't understand. JJ is the "one forward", and he mentions Pearson reportedly asking for his release, which makes him the "possibly two" forward. But SLU has added seven players, even after accounting for the release of Pearson (who would be number eight): Gordon, Thatch, Hankton, Gudmundsson, Wiley, Isabell, and Jacobs (about whom he writes "will not be with the team for summer workouts as he works on his academic requirements.")

I also don't understand why he's saying only four guards, since he goes into detail on Gudmundsson and clearly considers him one, along with Thatch, Wiley, Isabell, and Jacobs.

Gordon is the only true frontcourt player so I understand why he wasn't the focus of this article, although it would be nice to see him mentioned.

I

12 minutes ago, Pistol said:

"SLU has added five players, including four guards. The team has lost at least one forward — possibly two — and seen the return of Jordan Goodwin."

This is the word I don't understand. JJ is the "one forward", and he mentions Pearson reportedly asking for his release, which makes him the "possibly two" forward. But SLU has added seven players, even after accounting for the release of Pearson (who would be number eight): Gordon, Thatch, Hankton, Gudmundsson, Wiley, Isabell, and Jacobs (about whom he writes "will not be with the team for summer workouts as he works on his academic requirements.")

I also don't understand why he's saying only four guards, since he goes into detail on Gudmundsson and clearly considers him one, along with Thatch, Wiley, Isabell, and Jacobs.

Gordon is the only true frontcourt player so I understand why he wasn't the focus of this article, although it would be nice to see him mentioned.

Stu is only talking about the players added since the start of the spring signing period.  That is why he states in the last two months.  That is five players.

Pistol and Westy03 like this

-I'm not the Mizzou hater some on here are, but I did not like clicking the link, scrolling a bit and seeing a picture of their coach with a link to article about them, does that ever happen in reverse?

-thanks for the article, why can't CFord comment on a release for MP? 

-I hope not being mentioned builds a controllable fire in CAG and he shoves it, appropriately, down our opponents throats

12 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Stu is only talking about the players added since the start of the spring signing period.  That is why he states in the last two months.  That is five players.

Thanks. I need to slow down and read more closely.

8 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/billikens-will-have-a-different-look-next-season/article_928f410a-987a-5ada-8ad6-c51dd5dbaae9.html

pretty good read. Sounds like Pearson is definitely out, but Jacobs is in. Thor will arrive later this summer. Doesn’t mention Welmer. 

Thank you for the link.

I am not trying to be a downer but Jacobs and Isabell have course work to complete before they can come to SLU.  I will feel much better when I hear both are on campus with successful completion of that work.

I am really excited about Wiley and I did not know he is 6’ 5”.

To bad for Mickey Pearson, I was so excited to have two all time high school scorers, Pearson and Thatch, playing for SLU and lighting it up.  I wish Mr. Pearson the best and hope he reconsiders.

Tick tick tick to the next season and a full Chaifetz.

5 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Thank you for the link.

I am not trying to be a downer but Jacobs and Isabell have course work to complete before they can come to SLU.  I will feel much better when I hear both are on campus with successful completion of that work.

I am really excited about Wiley and I did not know he is 6’ 5”.

To bad for Mickey Pearson, I was so excited to have two all time high school scorers, Pearson and Thatch, playing for SLU and lighting it up.  I wish Mr. Pearson the best and hope he reconsiders.

Tick tick tick to the next season and a full Chaifetz.

I'm not worried about Isabell, he should be fine completing a class or two this summer. My understanding on Jacobs is its more of a passing a test type thing, so that should make us concerned.

I don't think Elliot will ever see the court again as a Billiken. He had this surgery almost 15-16 months ago and has been off it for over a year. I'm no MD, I'll leave the real prognosis to Old Guy, but this sounds chronic. It would be a luxury at this point if he can play. Last year he was a necessity.

13 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I don't think Elliot will ever see the court again as a Billiken. He had this surgery almost 15-16 months ago and has been off it for over a year. I'm no MD, I'll leave the real prognosis to Old Guy, but this sounds chronic. It would be a luxury at this point if he can play. Last year he was a necessity.

I still think he plays.  Certainly if Ford thought he would never see the floor again he would have done something like was done for Fermi John.  Why use the roster spot.  Sure he could bring in a project player with that spot.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

agreed. 

4 hours ago, kshoe said:

I'm not worried about Isabell, he should be fine completing a class or two this summer. My understanding on Jacobs is its more of a passing a test type thing, so that should make us concerned.

Is it legit for our academic support staff to help Jacobs with whatever the issue if?

14 minutes ago, bauman said:

Is it legit for our academic support staff to help Jacobs with whatever the issue if?

i doubt it.   until he qualifies and is admitted to saint louis university my guess is it is hands off.