2018-19 Schedule

ACE

27 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

"What we have to do is keep scheduling big games," said Saint Louis AD Chris May. "Then we have to go and win them."

We have some tough opponents, but not as tough as a Big 10 team, like Illinois. The Billikens, have some pretty good teams in the mix, like FSU, Houston, and Rhode Island, to name a few. Illinois has more solid teams like Georgetown, Gonzaga, and the Big 10 powerhouses. The big 10 is more of a power conference, but for slu, this is an ok mix of teams. I could see them going at an at-large bid. Though the would be consistent in order to complete it. Can't wait to be a Season ticket holder, been a long time since I went to a game. Didn't go to a lot of Majerus games, haven't gone in a while. Still, remember when Jett was on the team. I like it back then, this time I won't miss passing the opportunity up.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Did anyone notice a higher than usual amount of afternoon games this season? I didn’t count but I usually look for one or two games that my older family members can attend and there’s like 6 or 7 home games between 12 and 4 this season. 

Yeah, you're right. I count 8 games in that time frame (4 pm start inclusive). Seems like a bunch more than usual.

32 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Did anyone notice a higher than usual amount of afternoon games this season? I didn’t count but I usually look for one or two games that my older family members can attend and there’s like 6 or 7 home games between 12 and 4 this season. 

.....i like this..... but i dont blackout drink anymore

13 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Is it because of TV?

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Will there be a streaming option for the exhibition games?

I don't have the answer for this, but I'd love if they utilized YouTube for streaming the exhibition games like they did for Billiken Madness. It worked pretty well and is fairly cost effective. 

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

apropos of nothing I'm very nervous about potential attendance this season. I have no reason either.

Attendance will be driven by on-court performance. It will be mediocre at best during most of the non-conference season. Butler should be packed and Oregon St. will be 8k plus. the final non-conference games will be well attended if the team is doing well. If not, it'll be ugly.

Once conference play starts I'd expect sellouts or near sellouts for the St. Joes (Friday on ESPN2), Davidson and Dayton. The back end of the home conference season doesn't offer any big name opponents but if we are winning big time and have a top 25 ranking, expect sellouts or close to. If we are on the outside of the NCAA bubble it'll come down to marketing and giveaways to fill the arena.

Adman likes this

10 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Attendance will be driven by on-court performance. It will be mediocre at best during most of the non-conference season. Butler should be packed and Oregon St. will be 8k plus. the final non-conference games will be well attended if the team is doing well. If not, it'll be ugly.

Once conference play starts I'd expect sellouts or near sellouts for the St. Joes (Friday on ESPN2), Davidson and Dayton. The back end of the home conference season doesn't offer any big name opponents but if we are winning big time and have a top 25 ranking, expect sellouts or close to. If we are on the outside of the NCAA bubble it'll come down to marketing and giveaways to fill the arena.

I agree - there will be lots of packages offered to kid groups so the afternoon games tend to attract more of these then night games.  Attendance always starts slow then builds up if we are good.

35 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Appalachian State might draw an okay crowd.  Not because of the opponent, but because it's on December 30 - a Sunday afternoon at a time of year when many people are taking off work and looking for something to do.  We had a nice crowd for Vanderbilt on New Year's Eve a few years back (and I realize that they're a much more appealing opponent, but still).

9 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Appalachian State might draw an okay crowd.  Not because of the opponent, but because it's on December 30 - a Sunday afternoon at a time of year when many people are taking off work and looking for something to do.  We had a nice crowd for Vanderbilt on New Year's Eve a few years back (and I realize that they're a much more appealing opponent, but still).

10 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

and New Mexico 

37 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I made this today. I’ve found one big thing wrong with it(the logo covers the time on iPhone) if anyone has any ideas on placement or another way to incorporate the logo I’m all ears. Also formatting suggestions are welcome! A36638BF-32DB-4C53-A5F4-82FE3A977288_zps

This might give you some inspiration. I'm going to ask the guy on Twitter to make one for this season.

https://www.dandoelling.com/portfolio/saint-louis-billikens-lockscreens/

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I made the attached graphic today. I’ve found one big thing wrong with it(the logo covers the time on iPhone) if anyone has any ideas on placement or another way to incorporate the logo I’m all ears. Also formatting suggestions are welcome!

A36638BF-32DB-4C53-A5F4-82FE3A977288_zps

Could you keep the schedule and put the Billiken logo as a watermark behind the font?

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

Didn't want to start a new thread, so thought I'd throw this in here.  This would be a good event for SLU next year. 

Weird all Mid-west teams in FL.  They could save gas and meet in Salina, KS with their paystubs.

almaman likes this