2018-19 Schedule

ACE

5 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

who can forget the famous carbondale game at the old arena where about 20 minutes before the game the arena was pulling off the cover of the upper deck end seats because the walk up attendance was going crazy.    that was in the clagget, waldman and highmark days and after that game, we were the hottest ticket in town.   attendance was incredible until after larry legend season.   who knows, we start off hot and same thing happens.   

I was relatively new to St. Louis and my Dad came from Texas to visit. We went to the game and he was in awe that SLU was drawing 17k+ we sat in an upper corner. My dad has since passed and that game will always be a special memory for me. It was also early in my SLU fandom and played a big role in my getting season tickets

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those exhibition games will be snorers.  UMSL and Quincy are both awful.  UMSL returns no starters and Quincy is coming off a single digit win season.  Quincy does have some local kids on the team, Briscoe from Duchesne is their best starter and also Cam Hinton from Haz Central is a nice big man.  Quincy has more guys over 6'7 than we do.  Should have gotten Maryville on the schedule, they are starting Teson, Lavender, and Glotta in their backcourt.

27 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Those exhibition games will be snorers.  UMSL and Quincy are both awful.  UMSL returns no starters and Quincy is coming off a single digit win season.  Quincy does have some local kids on the team, Briscoe from Duchesne is their best starter and also Cam Hinton from Haz Central is a nice big man.  Quincy has more guys over 6'7 than we do.  Should have gotten Maryville on the schedule, they are starting Teson, Lavender, and Glotta in their backcourt.

Times may have changed but in the past the size and shape and ah well...…..athleticism......of the umsl cheer team was something to.....well....behold.

20 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Butler is on a Sat. Good chance for a sellout at 10,600. There are a decent number of Butler grads in town plus Indy is only 4 hours away for the homies.  We've only had four 10,600+ games at Chaifetz; VCU, GW, Butler (in 2013) and Dayton.

The clunkers attendance will be whatever our season ticket base it.  SEMO will be higher, with alumni in town and first home game. We had 7246 in for the home opener last season v Seattle.

The highest season average attendance at Chaifetz was 2013-14 at 8,428 (80% capacity). 

HP, after seeing your comment about our best avg. att. at the Fetz, just for grins I was interested in how my guessimate on att.would compare.  I took the midpoint of all groupings (6750/9250/9750) times the number of games in that group and it came out with an avg. att. for the 17 home games of 8632.  I hope we can beat that but it's up to the Ath Dept and the Marketing staff to do something to boost those numbers, especially in the clunkers.  I think the team will do their part in the W/L area.

32 minutes ago, bauman said:

HP, after seeing your comment about our best avg. att. at the Fetz, just for grins I was interested in how my guessimate on att.would compare.  I took the midpoint of all groupings (6750/9250/9750) times the number of games in that group and it came out with an avg. att. for the 17 home games of 8632.  I hope we can beat that but it's up to the Ath Dept and the Marketing staff to do something to boost those numbers, especially in the clunkers.  I think the team will do their part in the W/L area.

Your good!  I too hope we crush the record. But the 13-14 team was pretty darn good and tickets were available.  Hope the locals buy into this team more than that team. 

14 hours ago, slufanskip said:

I wonder if they'll do a bus to SIU? Last time I went on one of those it was a pretty good time. I remember our fans were louder than the Saluki fans. 

Was that the game that in response to the refs calling a bunch of fouls against us in the second half when we were up big, you just screamed “BLOW THE WHISTLE!!!”

That was a fun game.

DirtyRican likes this

37 minutes ago, bauman said:

The local sports media should do it's part as well. Especially given the local flavor of this team. 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

The local sports media should do it's part as well. Especially given the local flavor of this team. 

Don't expect anything from the Post-Disgrace, they have filled their P-poor sports staff with Tigers.  Thanks that we at least have Frank and Martin, 590 AM from 10-1 daily and Ch's 5 and 2 on local tv.  Even Rammer, except for the Ford interview, talks about the Bills only infrequently.

Maybe an undefeated start with wins over SH and Pit will get the local rag to acknowledge our existence, that's if our "beat writer" can be found!

5 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Was that the game that in response to the refs calling a bunch of fouls against us in the second half when we were up big, you just screamed “BLOW THE WHISTLE!!!”

That was a fun game.

I don't remember what I was yelling. Probably whatever nonsense came to mind. I think I was at peak obnoxiousness that night

On 8/25/2018 at 10:46 AM, Billikid said:

Y’all seem to be overlooking the most important part of this non con sched... They’re doing a Billiken madness! Dreams do come true!

This is the homecoming week event in lieu of a soccer game, isn't it? 

So those complaining in the soccer thread about the lack of a homecoming game - this isn't a bad substitute.

brianstl and Billikid like this

On 8/24/2018 at 6:51 PM, SLURadioBoy said:

If I remember correctly, I believe Romar’s second team lost to Athletes in Action. Is that worse than losing to UMSL?

No, not even close. Those traveling exhibition teams that are no longer around (due to the NCAA rule change) could actually be pretty good. EA Sports All-Stars and Athletes in Action and so forth. They were basically collections of still-active former college players between international seasons or otherwise available to play a grueling travel schedule for a couple months. These were legit D-I players, not lower-division players. So they won some games. It's not ideal to lose to a team that hasn't been playing together for very long and is probably flying out the same night to play another one the next day, but it's not like losing to McKendree or UMSL or Greenville.

53 minutes ago, Pistol said:

No, not even close. Those traveling exhibition teams that are no longer around (due to the NCAA rule change) could actually be pretty good. EA Sports All-Stars and Athletes in Action and so forth. They were basically collections of still-active former college players between international seasons or otherwise available to play a grueling travel schedule for a couple months. These were legit D-I players, not lower-division players. So they won some games. It's not ideal to lose to a team that hasn't been playing together for very long and is probably flying out the same night to play another one the next day, but it's not like losing to McKendree or UMSL or Greenville.

That AIA team Ron Grandison who spent a few seasons in the NBA and Ryan Hoover who scored 1,000 points at Notre Dame.

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

That AIA team Ron Grandison who spent a few seasons in the NBA and Ryan Hoover who scored 1,000 points at Notre Dame.

Sergio McClain was also on that team 5 months after graduating from Illinois.

On 8/25/2018 at 9:46 AM, Billikid said:

Y’all seem to be overlooking the most important part of this non con sched... They’re doing a Billiken madness! Dreams do come true!

0511B3C1-4480-4E09-825B-F872274CE653.png

-vball has a match against VCU on Sept 28 at 6pm in the Pavilion, fwiw