2018-19 Schedule

ACE

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Rhody and St. Joe's will be tough road games, too, and arguably tougher than VCU.

We should be able to handle the rest, even with Duquesne's new roster, but you can never overlook a conference road game.

The non-conference schedule is really solid. I like it.

Pistol, I agree about @SJU, not so much about URI, but i excluded them from my comment-I was only referring to the teams we only play once in conference.  I guess I could have been clearer about that.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

SIU has a pretty good OOC schedule this season.  Kentucky, Buffalo twice, Murray St., an improved UMass, us and either Neveda or Tulsa.  Much better than what they had last season.  You would think that would help their NET and in return help ours slightly.

They're probably going to be picked, what, second in the MVC heading into this season? Behind Loyola?

5 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Disappointed that SIU is during the week and not on a Saturday. For all the Methdale jokes, I spent a little under 3 years down there and was looking forward to possibly going down there to check out a few spots I like, with a Billikens game mixed in to the trip. Oh well.

2 hours, right? Could leave straight from work? Or is a Wednesday at 5:00 a stretch for a lawyer?

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I would think so.  They should be safely inside the top 100 rankings this season.

They were 76th in the top 144, per that other thread. Looks like it's calling them #3 in the MVC this season, although I'm not sure who other than Loyola is above them. They return all five starters and bring in the younger Beane brother, Darius, and his cousin Jimmy.

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

2 hours, right? Could leave straight from work? Or is a Wednesday at 5:00 a stretch for a lawyer?

They were 76th in the top 144, per that other thread. Looks like it's calling them #3 in the MVC this season, although I'm not sure who other than Loyola is above them. They return all five starters and bring in the younger Beane brother, Darius, and his cousin Jimmy.

Ill state than Loyola 

7 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

North Carolina Central? Do we know anyone on their roster?

isnt that where graves was banished to by S2?

5 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

He has to sit out again?!

Apparently. If I remember the timeline correctly, he left SLU during the spring semester. The sitting out time doesn’t carry over from school to school. I had seen that some players were getting their redshirt years waived by the NCAA, but I’d be surprised if someone transferring for the reason Graves did would get a waiver.

57 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Per Stu - non conference schedule complete

I remember when App state beat Michigan at the bighouse because the Michigan team got all stoned before the game....that was funny.

Former Ram standout Brian Quick went to App state. He kind of summed up the last few years of the Rams in St. Louis...that was sad.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Bradley will be competitive in the Valley.  Top 4, Loyola, then group of Ill State, SIUC and Bradley.

5 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Apparently. If I remember the timeline correctly, he left SLU during the spring semester. The sitting out time doesn’t carry over from school to school. I had seen that some players were getting their redshirt years waived by the NCAA, but I’d be surprised if someone transferring for the reason Graves did would get a waiver.

wonderful for Ty.    all thanks to stormy, pesty, krafty and the BoT of Saint Louis University. 

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I remember when App state beat Michigan at the bighouse because the Michigan team got all stoned before the game....that was funny.

Former Ram standout Brian Quick went to App state. He kind of summed up the last few years of the Rams in St. Louis...that was sad.

And Michigan ended up being garbage that season anyway

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Bradley will be competitive in the Valley.  Top 4, Loyola, then group of Ill State, SIUC and Bradley.

I hate to repeat myself and I know there might be some opposition to playing two MVC teams (although we used to with SWMSt and SIU), but I would like to see Bradley on our schedule every year, maybe part of a 2 for 1 rotation.  They have many alums in the area and would travel nicely to help with our home attendance, plus a trip to Peoria every third year would be fine with me.  Better them than NC Central or Appl St.

JMM28 and QUAILMAN like this

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

wonderful for Ty.    all thanks to stormy, pesty, krafty and the BoT of Saint Louis University. 

When (if) he gets back on the court, he will have sat out 2 1/2 years.  I hope he at least get to travel to St. Louis and watch a game from inside the 'Fetz.

2 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Disappointed that SIU is during the week and not on a Saturday. For all the Methdale jokes, I spent a little under 3 years down there and was looking forward to possibly going down there to check out a few spots I like, with a Billikens game mixed in to the trip. Oh well.

Carbondale is a fun town.

Kind of your typical small college town.  I had many a good weekend there in my younger days 

5 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Carbondale is a fun town.

Kind of your typical small college town.  I had many a good weekend there in my younger days 

really?   other than a slight detour to go eat ribs at the Murphysboro 17th street, there is nothing about carbondale that interests me and i dread the 4 hours in a car in the middle of the week.  

21 minutes ago, bauman said:

I hate to repeat myself and I know there might be some opposition to playing two MVC teams (although we used to with SWMSt and SIU), but I would like to see Bradley on our schedule every year, maybe part of a 2 for 1 rotation.  They have many alums in the area and would travel nicely to help with our home attendance, plus a trip to Peoria every third year would be fine with me.  Better them than NC Central or Appl St.

Agree 100%.  I have no issues playing Valley teams.  Would LOVE to have Loyola on a H and H, but it isn't going to happen in the near future.  NC Central, Appl State, Troy, Cent Ark., N  Alabama are all yawners. The five or six local alums from these schools that attend these games won't raise a ruckus. 

33 minutes ago, bauman said:

-I don't think you do but I appreciate your boundless enthusiasm for our team

22 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

really?   other than a slight detour to go eat ribs at the Murphysboro 17th street, there is nothing about carbondale that interests me and i dread the 4 hours in a car in the middle of the week.  

I haven't been there in years but I had a lot of friends who went to school there. I'd go down for a weekend and have a blast. 

Lots of bars, late night street vendors, good looking college gals what's not to like?

Id probably not enjoy it as much now but for a college roadtrip it was a great destination.