Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

2 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

I'm not impressed w/Rosenblum.

Criminal defense attorneys like Rosenblum (and he is good at what he does) are excellent at poking holes in the prosecution's case, selecting a jury and in creating doubt in the minds of jurors selected - completely different skill set than here.

Now, what would be effective is for someone/several to privately discuss with the 3 players and/or their representatives/legal counsel/parents and let this Board what type of pressure to apply, when to apply and to whom to apply.  Well-intentioned but misguided pressure can make things worse.

HoosierBilliken likes this

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Students with a sign.  Small but still something.

17 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

That gentleman earned himself a beer tonight. 

He’s the best Mario Strikers player I know. 

2 hours ago, Westy03 said:

The post could finally be investigating 

Someone needs to interview Kratky about her #GoldStandard process. This is an old article but I'm thinking S2 is going to drag on for a year just like it did with this guy:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/education/slu-case-highlights-the-gray-areas-of-campus-sex-assault/article_160c1a40-03c7-5db7-bb9d-ab23b1ca858e.html

-I went to slu.edu and the message on the home page caught my attention, it is "We ignite a desire to learn and to serve, to blaze trails in thought and action." - how is a stall tactic serving the parties in the investigation? how is a stall blazing a trail of thought or action? what an injustice, what a lie, what a horrible way the U is acting

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Those are cases where the Feds have opened an investigation into an institution's handling of Title IX issues or investigations.

Yes.  SLU is overcompensating to make sure they don't get added to the list.  However, "two wrongs don't make a right" is what they should remember.

On 1/13/2018 at 10:39 PM, HenryB said:

Get off your high horse.  What have we swept under the rug in the past? On the contrary there does seem to be a lot to suggest that the administration has ignored evidence that exonerates the players to achieve a predetermined outcome.  The legal exposure the university has is self-inflicted and, frankly, is well deserved. 

High Horse?  I figure you are joking.  The very first post of this thread says the "Saint Louis Police Department informed".... whatever it was. The original claim spoke of sexual assault and everything grew out of that. SLU cannot/will not/ would be foolish too... ignore that simple fact.  That is why this has played out the way it has.   I really do hope these guys play for SLU in the future (whether near future or next season).  However,  the way things seem to be right now, with everything being drawn out, I don't think that will happen.  Believe me, I would be happy to be wrong on this!!!   I am sure deep down they are good kids who made bad decisions. I am also sure SLU doesn't want to be looked upon by the community as trying to overlook questionable things going on on there own property. I don't know how many female students read this board discussion. but the ones I know who are aware of the allegations or are alum think a sexual assault went down that night. In today's world, sexual assault allegations are a point of high focus.  When I read all the recent news over the last year, I conclude women are simply not going to let this kind of thing go.. That is the difference between now and say 20 - 40 years ago. This, above all other things, is why this whole mess has unfolded like it has.  Is it justice? Is it UNfair to the accused?  Maybe not... at least you can make an argument that it isn't. However this is the lay of land in this era.  These high-profile student athletes have to know they are held to a higher standard and when something questionable happens, they basically have a target hanging around their necks. They have to decide if it is worth a scholarship education.  Like I said, I hope this is resolved soon so the boys can put this behind them. 

20 minutes ago, JeffinMH said:

High Horse?  I figure you are joking.  The very first post of this thread says the "Saint Louis Police Department informed".... whatever it was. The original claim spoke of sexual assault and everything grew out of that. SLU cannot/will not/ would be foolish too... ignore that simple fact.  That is why this has played out the way it has.   I really do hope these guys play for SLU in the future (whether near future or next season).  However,  the way things seem to be right now, with everything being drawn out, I don't think that will happen.  Believe me, I would be happy to be wrong on this!!!   I am sure deep down they are good kids who made bad decisions. I am also sure SLU doesn't want to be looked upon by the community as trying to overlook questionable things going on on there own property. I don't know how many female students read this board discussion. but the ones I know who are aware of the allegations or are alum think a sexual assault went down that night. In today's world, sexual assault allegations are a point of high focus.  When I read all the recent news over the last year, I conclude women are simply not going to let this kind of thing go.. That is the difference between now and say 20 - 40 years ago. This, above all other things, is why this whole mess has unfolded like it has.  Is it justice? Is it UNfair to the accused?  Maybe not... at least you can make an argument that it isn't. However this is the lay of land in this era.  These high-profile student athletes have to know they are held to a higher standard and when something questionable happens, they basically have a target hanging around their necks. They have to decide if it is worth a scholarship education.  Like I said, I hope this is resolved soon so the boys can put this behind them. 

what "bad decision" did the players make?

9 minutes ago, BillikenBoy10 said:

If an assault did occur, kick the boys out.  The injustice is how long it is taking them to determine that.  (especially with no criminal case against them.)  Either way, all parties involved should have a decision by now. 

It's been determined no assault occured, months ago. That's what makes the length of this process so frustrating, knowing that. This isn't a murder trial, but it's taking longer to come to a decision than most murder trials I've seen.

34 minutes ago, BillikenBoy10 said:

If an assault did occur, kick the boys out.  The injustice is how long it is taking them to determine that.  (especially with no criminal case against them.)  Either way, all parties involved should have a decision by now. 

it seems impossible to me that if something bad enough happened they would of been booted first day of this thread. Any action less than this should not take this long to determine without any sunshine at all. went back and read first page of this and gotta chuckle out fact that that sensational Post article earned a whopping 7 comments. Very few of our fellow 3m metro citizens aren't all that concerned about our obsession Da Bills.

6 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Well Free the 3 made the post.  Did anybody watch channel 5 last night?  I saw Frank turn his camera to the Free the 3 sign early on in the game.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/billiken-beat/slu-players-fans-go-public-with-free-the-slogan/article_77abe528-8199-52c9-adb6-19005ef86e22.html

Did anyone ask Ford about the player’s tweets after the game?