Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

Just now, JeffinMH said:

If they do settle with money paid there better be a damn strong non-disclosure agreement and no admission of any fault in any way.  

why?  so the school can try to sidestep the trainwreck they created?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

the police got involved only because the girls came to them with remorse over their bad decisions to try to save face.   one of the girls (supposedly the one not a student) has already recanted the story.   their collective stories were supposedly all over the place and extremely inconsistent and the police told them to go home.   

without the video, the players had nothing to disprove their remorseful counterparts.   THEN the players would have been in far more trouble with the he said she said issues.   

Ok, fair enough.  What is the source of your information that "stories are all over the place" ?  Is this solid info or just 2nd hand rumor?

1 minute ago, JeffinMH said:

Ok, fair enough.  What is the source of your information that "stories are all over the place" ?  Is this solid info or just 2nd hand rumor?

you can go back and read all near 200 pages to answer your question.   its in there  

7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

why?  so the school can try to sidestep the trainwreck they created?

Enrollment mostly.  Parents need to know that SLU is safe place to send thier daughters.  In turn the big donors want to be ensured of no unsavory back room deals. Remember what I said, families with students, alumni, females I hear talking in the stands think a sexual assault actually took place.  Even if in reality everything was consensual.  I haven't heard any of the young women siding with the players ... but I am sure some are out there.

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

you can go back and read all near 200 pages to answer your question.   its in there  

Kind of  a weak answer.  If you are sure it is true just state it.  Please don't present rumor and 2nd hand information as fact.

6 minutes ago, JeffinMH said:

Enrollment mostly.  Parents need to know that SLU is safe place to send thier daughters.  In turn the big donors want to be ensured of no unsavory back room deals. Remember what I said, families with students, alumni, females I hear talking in the stands think a sexual assault actually took place.  Even if in reality everything was consensual.  I haven't heard any of the young women siding with the players ... but I am sure some are out there.

They think an assault took place because in most cases, they've probably made no effort to educate themselves on the situation. In the grand scheme of things, other than the news that an investigation is taking place, there's been nothing worthwhile in the news. Throw in that some of these people probably are quick to conclude that the big, scary, black, tattooed basketball players did something wrong when a white woman is involved, of course they think an assault took place.

We are trying to send a stronger message at the next home game to apply more pressure. The sign was only the beginning. We'd love to hear ideas as to what would be most effective and what the message should be. 'Free the 3' seems to send a message that they are innocent, and that really isn't what we're asking for. We're asking for a decision to be made so that these players can either do what they came here to do or, if actually guilty, get off of our campus and transfer somewhere else. With that being said, if any of you have ideas as to what we could do on Tuesday night or around campus, we would love to hear them. We also are trying our best to protest while not distracting the players on the court because they are working their asses off and things like this shouldn't take the spotlight away from 1,000 career points or historic triple doubles. Let us know.

38 minutes ago, JeffinMH said:

So it doesn't need to worry about parents thinking it's a safe place for their sons to attend school? What about minorities as well, does it not need to be safe for them? So they'd rather perpetuate passive racism by kowtowing to the whims of some father who thinks his daughter has been wronged.

Before you go there, I no sons. I have 3 daughters, I'm white and I live in the suburbs and I will be steering all of them to schools other than SLU. 

3 minutes ago, RollBills18 said:

We are trying to send a stronger message at the next home game to apply more pressure. The sign was only the beginning. We'd love to hear ideas as to what would be most effective and what the message should be. 'Free the 3' seems to send a message that they are innocent, and that really isn't what we're asking for. We're asking for a decision to be made so that these players can either do what they came here to do or, if actually guilty, get off of our campus and transfer somewhere else. With that being said, if any of you have ideas as to what we could do on Tuesday night or around campus, we would love to hear them. We also are trying our best to protest while not distracting the players on the court because they are working their asses off and things like this shouldn't take the spotlight away from 1,000 career points or historic triple doubles. Let us know.

Would, "Make an effin' decision" help?

4 minutes ago, RollBills18 said:

Change the message to "Make a Decision." That's all.

9 minutes ago, RollBills18 said:

I think FREEthe3 works. They have them in limbo and a decision will free them from that position, one way or the other. It's already been determined there was no crime. If they were "guilty" of a serious school infraction, they would have already been booted, the investigative report was completed in December.

1 hour ago, JeffinMH said:

I am not sure how to answer.  Most times when the police get involved in the middle of the night something really bad transpired.I am not saying there is blame on both sides but everyone would have better served if basically an orgy wasn't videoed in the middle of the night on school property.

So you prescribe to the old mothers saying that nothing good happens after midnight?  While bad things can happen after midnight I can assure you that bad things happen 24/7 as well as good things.  The video is not the issue - what is the issue is what about the video caused the girls to reevaluate their night of fun - was it the video itself, was it the posting of it briefly, was it just regret that the video might fall into the wrong hands - who knows.  I have yet to hear anyone - and I speak to others who have knowledge of this matter not just what is posted on this board - say the girls did not know the video was being made.  Also the fact that a video was made is pretty consistent with how young adults do things today - they video everything like it will be important to posterity.  I have also said many times that if SLU thinks that students are not having sex on school property then they are just naive and I have to wonder about whether they should be running this show.  I am like most everybody else in regards to this situation - just get it resolved one way or the other - dragging it out is not good for anyone.  As Clock said, there is no requirement to let this matter be open ended.

NM

You said yourself there is a video so the people you hear in the stands do not know what they are talking about or they just want to believe sexual assault happened even though a video proves their innocent.

Since the police have not charged anyone for sexual assault proves to me the police watched the video and saw concenual sex on it case closed.

People believe what they want to believe no matter what the fact are and sometimes people lie about sexual assault and parents don't want to believe their little angel was involved with an orgy.

I have 2 granddaughters 12 and 13 and I know how I would feel about it but I would not lie to myself by blaming others.

50 minutes ago, RollBills18 said:

Should blow up the faces of the suspended players and during Opponent free throws wave them 

It is really silly at this time to spend more time wondering and getting angry at the reasons for the lack of action from the Administration. The Administration will do what it will do for reasons of their own that do not have to be (in fact they are not) your reasons, or the player's reasons, or the  girl's reasons. There is no rationality in this at this time, it just is what it is. It will come to an end when it comes to an end, and very obviously all you can say about the timing is: not yet. 

Big game coming up against a high profile VCU opponent nationally televised next Tuesday on CBSSN - this board has the opportunity to organize something in order tomake a statement to the nation and put the spotlight on Pestello and the school.  If they wont give a decision, this board has the opportunity to FORCE it out, or FORCE national embarrassment on the school on program.  Sad that this is what it has come to....

SouthSide_Billiken likes this

1 hour ago, RollBills18 said:

Invite Don Lemon to the game