Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

3 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I agree, but if that happens, SLU will take a hit on it. 

I really would like to see this "gold standard" thoroughly analyzed. Explain how evidence is treated, or is the important thing how someone feels.

Anytime someone feels the need to call their own process the "gold standard", you can be pretty sure it sucks.

CBFan likes this

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pestello caused me serious concern with the Clock Tower Accords.  I was worried back then that his decisions would lean toward defending appearances rather than doing what is right.  Situation 2 has confirmed my concerns.  Everyone who ran Biondi out of town is directly responsible for the ridiculous situation we now have as far a leadership down at SLU.

JMM28 likes this

I would think that you could get a copy of the "gold standard".  I would not think that would be confidential.  At this point as others have said, in life justice and fairness are not always the way it works out.  JG learned a fact of life and hopefully he will do as he said.  I do think some have focused on this process as being unfair to black male students but I bet the same kind of the things would have taken place with any male student.  It is just unfortunate that the process is treated so privately - i get why - but for those who insist on knowing all the details you just will not so move on.  Focus on the future and look forward to next year.  By the way, Freddy will only be gone if the school has financial problems - remember, follow the money!

11 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Ford press conference now...

Worry about things in his control. Trying to figure out what to do going forward. 

Had a convo with his parents and him, private convo. 

"Does this give you any closure" - Stutter, stammer, wanting to say no it doesn't but says he is just trying to focus on today and practice. Trying not to get caught up. 

"Are you confident Jordan handled this in the best manner possible" = Yes

Jesus Ortiz had the crazy eyes going a few times in the presser.

TheChosenOne likes this

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Jesus Ortiz had the crazy eyes going a few times in the presser.

Jesus trying to hard to paint the basketball players as criminals and Ford being negligent in bringing in the criminals.

Just now, kshoe said:

Jesus trying to hard to paint the basketball players as criminals and Ford being negligent in bringing in the criminals.

I wonder if D'bag de Ortiz understands the difference between accused of a crime and actually committing a crime. No criminal charges were ever even considered, therefore the accusations were false. No crime. Just violations of school policy. This has already been determined and he should have known that. Stupid fμcking question. What a moron.

gobillikens13 likes this

1 minute ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I wonder if D'bag de Ortiz understands the difference between accused of a crime and actually committing a crime. No criminal charges were ever even considered, therefore the accusations were false. No crime. Just violations of school policy. This has already been determined and he should have known that. Stupid fμcking question. What a moron.

I can't even load the periscope on twitter. Is there anywhere else to see it?

2 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

He is so bad at his job. 

11 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Just tell that idiot they are all from Houston and he’ll be on their side.

That was uncomfortable to watch. I did like Frank kind of stepping in for Ford as he was finishing up responding to an Ortiz follow up question. I understand where Ortiz is going and think it is fair, but he needs to learn how to ask a question that doesn’t come across so biased and accusatory, save that for your editorial. Ford even struggled responding to more soft questions from guys like Frank and Martin, but I assume he is really nervous (also likely distraught/angry/sad/etc) dealing with a situation like this as a basketball coach. He was served up a steaming pile of sh*t and those that served it up don’t have to say anything.

3 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

That was uncomfortable to watch. I did like Frank kind of stepping in for Ford as he was finishing up responding to an Ortiz follow up question. I understand where Ortiz is going and think it is fair, but he needs to learn how to ask a question that doesn’t come across so biased and accusatory. Ford even struggled responding to more soft questions from guys like Frank and Martin, but I assume he is really nervous (also likely distraught/angry/sad/etc) dealing with a situation like this as a basketball coach. He was served up a steaming pile of sh*t sandwich and those that served it up don’t have to say anything.

It's clear what picture Ortiz is going to paint in his article tomorrow. These are hardened criminals that have been roaming SLU's campus unabated. Hide the women and children and coach Ford should be ashamed for having brought them on campus. Should be a good read of fiction. 

4 minutes ago, kshoe said:

It's clear what picture Ortiz is going to paint in his article tomorrow. These are hardened criminals that have been roaming SLU's campus unabated. Hide the women and children and coach Ford should be ashamed for having brought them on campus. Should be a good read of fiction. 

Oritz is a classic example of the "drive by media".  Doesn't do any real investigative journalism and uses his title as a columnist to just kick the bee hive, consequences and facts be damned.