Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

It's way too early to say what kind of impact this has had on recruiting. Graves and Henriquez only recently officially left. A lot of schools were offering Pinson. Where did you ever see that we were in the lead? It seems like we were late to get involved. 

We offer Pinson, Pinson almost immediately says he is going to announce his final two the night of Jan 15th, on January 15th the news of the rulings breaks and then Pinson says he is delaying any announcements.  

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, kappy96 said:

Has anyone heard rumblings that there is interest in Ford from some Louisville boosters to bring him in if that job were to open up?  I wouldn't categorize what I heard as concrete but I have heard it from multiple "sources".  Obviously would be a big jump in class but he does have ties in KY.  

You should have put that in blue font. No way that happens. Ford is just not that marketable right now. Just a couple years ago, some people on this board were throwing a hissy fit that Ford wasn't good enough for SLU... but now he's suddenly good enough for Louisville? :rolleyes: 

BrockL likes this

There's always going to be a decent school who would take a shot on a guy like Ford. But I worry more about our assistants leaving than Ford just because I think that's more realistic. Macon and Tate did great work in year 1. I think that momentum has worn off and I know that this is going to hurt on the recruiting trail

2010andBeyond likes this

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

We offer Pinson, Pinson almost immediately says he is going to announce his final two the night of Jan 15th, on January 15th the news of the rulings breaks and then Pinson says he is delaying any announcements.  

That's pretty flimsy evidence. Weren't there several other schools offering around that time? Also, why would the ruling adversely affect a guard considering SLU? If anything the ruling created the offer. Without the ruling, we wouldn't even have had any scholarships to offer for 2018. Also, with the players leaving the program it opens up a lot of playing time for potential guard recruits, which would figure to make an offer more appealing.

I am actually proud of SLU.

They have addressed this correctly.

There is no room for players like Graves and Henriquez at SLU.

Their lack of personal character and morals are shocking.

Looks like Gordon might be next to depart - he is a troublemaker.

Are those the types of players Ford recruits?

If so then Ford needs to go.

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

That's pretty flimsy evidence. Weren't there several other schools offering around that time? Also, why would the ruling adversely affect a guard considering SLU? If anything the ruling created the offer. Without the ruling, we wouldn't even have had any scholarships to offer for 2018. Also, with the players leaving the program it opens up a lot of playing time for potential guard recruits, which would figure to make an offer more appealing.

We offered before the ruling.  If he was only worried about not having to compete for playing time, he would have signed with Kent St. back in November.  Most of these kids think they are good enough to get playing time no matter who is already on the roster.

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

I’ve heard that Louisville will back the brinks truck up to Marshall’s stoop

I see that someone posted directly above you. Must have just been a gust of wind because I can't see it anything. 😉

4 hours ago, Basketbill said:

Per Stu's article it appears Bishop traveled with the team.

Amid all the speculation following this post, about Ford and or Gordon leaving/not coming, this little nugget might be the most significant post today.  Given the 10 day appeal period ending today, the fact that the Ath Dept. allowed Bishop to travel to St. B could be a sign of a favorable decision regarding him and Goodwin.  I know this is glass half full stuff, but why not?

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

We offered before the ruling.  If he was only worried about not having to compete for playing time, he would have signed with Kent St. back in November.  Most of these kids think they are good enough to get playing time no matter who is already on the roster.

We offered because we knew where this was headed.  S2 created the need to offer Pinson in the first place. There would not have been any 2018 scholarships to offer the kid at that time without S2.

6 minutes ago, bauman said:

Amid all the speculation following this post, about Ford and or Gordon leaving/not coming, this little nugget might be the most significant post today.  Given the 10 day appeal period ending today, the fact that the Ath Dept. allowed Bishop to travel to St. B could be a sign of a favorable decision regarding him and Goodwin.  I know this is glass half full stuff, but why not?

Wouldn't it be just the perfect ending to SLU's process to give the players the appeal ruling today and leave two kids stranded in Olean because they are not allowed to make use of any institutional services? 

41 minutes ago, kappy96 said:

Has anyone heard rumblings that there is interest in Ford from some Louisville boosters to bring him in if that job were to open up?  I wouldn't categorize what I heard as concrete but I have heard it from multiple "sources".  Obviously would be a big jump in class but he does have ties in KY.  

It wouldn't shock   me if they kept Paggett. 

19 minutes ago, bauman said:

I do think it is encouraging that Goodwin made the trip to Olean. Of course, this could just be delaying the inevitable and whatever decision is coming will be delivered on Friday. 

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I do think it is encouraging that Goodwin made the trip to Olean. Of course, this could just be delaying the inevitable and whatever decision is coming will be delivered on Friday. 

I'm done with reading between the lines and trying to find any sanity/logic in anything SLU does at this point.

1 hour ago, Tilkowsky said:

Seriously, why is this still allowed to post?  

ACE likes this

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

I'm done with reading between the lines and trying to find any sanity/logic in anything SLU does at this point.

Reading between the lines in this thread is hazardous to your mental health.

Looking forward to the Friday news dump on S2.

1 hour ago, Tilkowsky said:

Just shut up, we have no use for your “character” either....,

My guess is that Ford and his agent will put out rumors and may even have some discussions for head coaching jobs this offseason even if he's not truly interested. I think Ford at the very least goes out of his way to prove a point to the University that they f.ucked this whole thing up.

I am not worried yet about future recruiting.  It is way to early to know if any significant problems will exist.  There is a couple of ways to see this issue - 1. if you come to SLU there will be the chance for immediate playing time but I think you need to understand that if you want to film a group sex party and post it on the internet then maybe you need to go some place else  2. don't come to SLU because if you want to post group sex activities on the internet they don't let you do that.  I think most kids will be able to understand #1 as will most of their parents.  Now getting a late start may have a bigger impact.  Lets just wait and see.