Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I've never bought the Rosenblum told them not to play theory. The players weren't even in the arena on gameday. To me, the suspensions came from the school.

Fair enough. I just have a hard time believing that the school didn't initially suspend the 4th unnamed player who was allegedly videotaping/taking photos while it suspended the others. 

8 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I've never bought the Rosenblum told them not to play theory. The players weren't even in the arena on gameday. To me, the suspensions came from the school.

Unless it was only taken on the 4th player's phone and he wasn't there (as some speculate here).

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I shouldn't let this give me hope but it kind of is...looking forward to having those thoughts crushed yet again.

2a4dcc97ada59ba93194083f41de2074_bigger.jpeg

With Ty Graves announcing he has withdrawn from SLU and Adonys Henriquez now working with an agent, it appears the SLU Title IX appeals focus on two players.

Does that mean the other two are just going to bend over and take it?

Bishop time served and another year and Goddwin a 1 year starting next fall?

12 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I feels like it, but I don't think it is legal.  They main reason they made the changes that have caused this screwed up process to be in place is so schools couldn't sweep these complaints under the rug by making deals.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

I feels like it, but I don't think it is legal.  They main reason they made the changes that have caused this screwed up process to be in place is so schools couldn't sweep these complaints under the rug by making deals.

I told him that maybe it is a "we won't expel you as long as you don't sue us"

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:29 AM, Billboy1 said:

Rosenblum needs to immediately file for an injunction to stay any penalties if the decision is bad. Then file the necessary litigation which should be in federal court as this whole process is totally unconstitutional.

I started a topic about this that you may have to look down the list for called "Injunction Now."  There is an article about a case where a kid from, I think it was the University of Cincinnati, appealed his Title IX ruling in federal court and won based upon not receiving due process.  The appeal took about a year and a half if I remember.  If Rosenblum files the appeal and gets an injunction preventing execution of the suspensions, then they guys could play while the appeal is pending.

HenryB likes this

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

I started a topic about this that you may have to look down the list for called "Injunction Now."  There is an article about a case where a kid from, I think it was the University of Cincinnati, appealed his Title IX ruling in federal court and won based upon not receiving due process.  The appeal took about a year and a half if I remember.  If Rosenblum files the appeal and gets an injunction preventing execution of the suspensions, then they guys could play while the appeal is pending.

I think Rosenblum has someone at the federal court house waiting for his call to file the paper work.

13 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Does that mean the other two are just going to bend over and take it?

Bishop time served and another year and Goddwin a 1 year starting next fall?

I'm guessing  Welmer and The Greek are player 5 and 6. Welmer off camera because of the boot. The walk on walked out before the filming.

Interesting that these developments didn't happen until after the 10 day appeal period went by. Almost like they were giving SLU a chance to get one part of this investigation right and they still fuc.ked it up.

Also, we haven't heard from any of the title IX board members on here for a while. Just want to say hi to all of you guys who are reading this right. I hope you're happy about expelling 2 players so far. 

18 minutes ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

this angers me so much, I remember last year seeing all the players at the open practice and thinking how special this team would be ty was dunking all over the place AD was hitting 3s from mid court bishop was hurt but we knew what he brought to the table. Man the things that could of been. 

uh ya.. you don't remember all of the FF hotel talk????

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

I was trying to find a different tweet from the day this all broke, but I couldn't find.  I did come across this tweet which might be my favorite about the case.

https://twitter.com/CountyBrwnie/status/917535680171008000

Jesus Christ she tweets way too damn much. 

3 minutes ago, SouthSide_Billiken said:

Students. I encourage you to report this to the title ix office if you feel uncomfortable. You didn't ask for an image of this woman topless dancing around in your head all day. This is a vicious assault on your moral fibers and all things decent. 

WHERE'S THE I FEEL TRIGGERED BUTTON ON BILLIKENS.COM???

SouthSide_Billiken likes this

3 minutes ago, SouthSide_Billiken said:

Students. I encourage you to report this to the title ix office if you feel uncomfortable. You didn't ask for an image of this woman topless dancing around in your head all day. This is a vicious assault on your moral fibers and all things decent. 

no.  If your're a male student, you should be quite and stay away from anything involving a female student, and the school.  

• 25cad800-ce18-43d4-8c30-d97424b132ae.jpg  Of course.
    by BenFred 1:17 PM
    •  
    •  
  • default.png
    When the appeals process is over for SLU, will the Post pursue getting answers from the university and police?
    by SLUtoD2 1:16 PM
  • 25cad800-ce18-43d4-8c30-d97424b132ae.jpg
    He's getting paid very well, I'm told.
    And his resume does not exactly scream: Hire me! 
    He's not thrilled with how this has played out. But in order to leave you have to have a place to go, preferably a place that pays you more than you are making.
    by BenFred 1:16 PM
  • default.png
    Do you think Ford sticks around after what Pestello, Weathers, and the Title IX crew have done to his team?