Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

This would mean Graves was expelled right?

Assuming Rosenblum was correct in his initial statement, which was not corroborated by the "other player's (Ty Graves)" lawyers. Which, their statement saying "Rosenblum doesn't know my client's punishments" may make sense now if they were planning on getting Graves withdrawn before officially expelled. Trying to not have his name associated with expulsion at all.

Any chance SLU was/is waiting for certain players to leave before releasing their reduced/withdrawn punishments?  I assume that after a student withdraws from school they would have to go through the application process again.  I also believe that after an agent is hired the player is no longer eligible to play.  

Just now, slufan13 said:

This would mean Graves was expelled right?

Perhaps he was allowed to voluntarily withdraw.  Does this seem to suggest some settlement or deviation from the earlier decision?  When the judge or arbitrator is a rogue decision maker the process will always fail.  There has to be some check and balance for fairness to come into play.

40 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Also if Henriquez has hired an agent, I am shocked that we haven't gotten an official statement from him or the school. I believe hiring an agent immediately ends your college eligibility so I would think somebody would have put out a statement by now.

Henriquez doesnt care likely.   he is apparently done with college basketball and is moving on with the exception he likely will be back to sue the pants off slu.   he doesnt need to put out any statement saying he is gone.   

Graves maybe is trying to speed the process of getting released by slu to begin talks with other schools to transfer to and his advisors are telling him to put his intentions in writing.   Just my opinion.   who knows on either one. 

the only thing i feel sure about is slu is going to get sued and spend A LOT of money.  i am betting the cheerleaders wont be getting new uniforms paid for by slu anytime soon.  

HenryB likes this

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

At this point, I'm expecting us to find out that there were 6 players involved in this situation like the initial tweet said.

yes the number of atty's and players involved no longer make sense.  

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

yes the number of atty's and players involved no longer make sense.  

Per Gardner, Graves had separate Title IX and criminal counsel, which would give us insight for why there are different attorneys being mentioned.

20 minutes ago, GBL_Bills said:

Assuming Rosenblum was correct in his initial statement, which was not corroborated by the "other player's (Ty Graves)" lawyers. Which, their statement saying "Rosenblum doesn't know my client's punishments" may make sense now if they were planning on getting Graves withdrawn before officially expelled. Trying to not have his name associated with expulsion at all.

I'm pretty sure the attorney that said that was a St. Louis based lawyer. I can't remember his name but he was a big time local attorney.  

So I don't think his response was in regards to Graves.

This gets weirder and weirder by the day.

Just think, if the Univiersity would have handled this properly it would be over by now and everybody would have moved on.

1 minute ago, BillikenBoy10 said:

Wasn't it just speculation that Rosenblum told him them not to play?

I've never bought the Rosenblum told them not to play theory. The players weren't even in the arena on gameday. To me, the suspensions came from the school.

I shouldn't let this give me hope but it kind of is...looking forward to having those thoughts crushed yet again.

2a4dcc97ada59ba93194083f41de2074_bigger.jpeg

With Ty Graves announcing he has withdrawn from SLU and Adonys Henriquez now working with an agent, it appears the SLU Title IX appeals focus on two players.

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

I'm pretty sure the attorney that said that was a St. Louis based lawyer. I can't remember his name but he was a big time local attorney.  

So I don't think his response was in regards to Graves.

This gets weirder and weirder by the day.

Just think, if the Univiersity would have handled this properly it would be over by now and everybody would have moved on.

Wasn't that John Rogers, who used to be a partner at Rosenblum's firm? (Could be another john rogers, as that is a common name) 

Just now, Billy bob said:

Did the original tweet say 6 players or athletes.  Could two of the six be cheerleaders?

I'm paraphrasing from memory, "My friend was raped by 6 basketball players, *4 NAMES* that's all I have for now. If you are on campus, stay away from them they are very dangerous"